How do you you watch kino at home, and how has that changed from about 10 years ago...

How do you you watch kino at home, and how has that changed from about 10 years ago? I feel like I have gone back to being a corporate slave

>pre 2007, Tivo tv shows and raid the $5 movie bin at Wal Mart for anything that looks interesting
>2007-2014 discovered torrents and pretty much use those exclusively.
>post 2014 start working and don't have time to fuck with torrents. If its not on DirectTV or Netflix I'm not gonna watch it. I haven't even bought a dvd or bluray in 5 years.

I leave that up to my wive's son.

About ten years ago I was pirating, renting, buying and going to the cinema pretty much every week. I watched more than a hundred films in a year. Now I barely watch anything. I don't know what happened.

>10 years ago
>2007

Yup, I was downloading movies via torrents back then. And will be downloading movies ten years from now too.

I only go to the movie theater for movies that benefit from the big screen.

Netflix, crunchyroll, Directv. Generally that hits all bases and if there is a movie I want to see then odds are it's going to be rentable for like a buck.

>don't have time to fuck with torrents
literally in the time it takes for you to use your fucking remote to search for something on netflix you could find a torrent for it

Unironically YIFY

>and don't have time to fuck with torrents.
lol. What does that even mean?

This. What the fuck OP are you a nigger? Torrents are the most convenient way to watch a movie. Maybe you just have no standards and don't really care what you watch?

I think op is a pleb with slow internet

Pretty much grew with piracy, torrenting to this day. I'd actually think about buying blurays for selected movies that I particularly like, but watching blurays is such an enourmously shitty, cumbersome experience, that I would never consider wasting money for this bullshit. If a bluray was just a disk in an actually tasteful looking case with a 40 GB file named "[title].mkv" with just the fucking movie without bullshit on it, I'd honestly buy them. But atm it's filled with trailers, disclaimers and other trash that I don't give a shit about. Oh, and those cases look fucking ugly as hell.

If OP wasn't a nigger he could start torrenting a file now and have it shut off when it was done so he could have it ready by tomorrow.

>If a bluray was just a disk in an actually tasteful looking case with a 40 GB file named "[title].mkv
Naive goy

Not an excuse. I have really shitty internet and torreting is very viable for me.

ten years ago I would get DVDs or watch movies that were on tv

today I pirate everything because I'll be damned if those kikes are getting my hard earned cash

>post 2014 start working and don't have time to fuck with torrents
Are you working 3 full time jobs, you broke fucker?

No wonder there are so many star wars, capeshit and other repetitive threads. Torrenting lets you have unlimited access to every film in digital format. If you deny yourself torrenting you would only have access to big budget shit for the unwashed masses.

>don't have time to fuck with torrents

ever heard of streaming? yeah, turns out you don't have to torrent things to pirate them ya dink

My internet currently has download speeds of 300 Kb/s and I have no way of improving it since there's no more coverage available. Torreting is still viable to me, I just torrent shit 1 day in advance. Finding torrents takes minutes

Then netflix would be pretty much worthless too, may as well torrent and at least you get smooth playback and good quality when it's done

>Download a day in advance
you don't change the priorities of files to start watching faster?

I have to go downstairs, turn on my computer, get the torrent, go back up stairs get my tv to sync up with my home network, go back downstairs to start the movie, then I'll loose my connection to my home network and have to do the whole process again.

I don't have time to fuck around with stuff for a half hour for it still not to work. I'd rather just click a couple buttons and watch whatever is available on a streaming service.

I used to get quite a few box sets and cheap dvds, especially second hand bargains

Now second hand stores are much rarer, going on ebay seems like too much hassle and waiting for some faggot to decide to send it to you, so I only very rarely buy physical.

Also I won't buy anything until I've seen it already by this point

If I'm downloading a torrent with multiples files, yes I'll change the file priorities so I can watch the first episodes.

In general though, not only is my internet slow, it also slows to crawl from time to time, so I find that the better system is to simply start downloading a day in advance

Why not just build a cheap pc that's always hooked up to your television and use a wireless mouse and keyboard to control from the couch? You can have more than one computer you know.

I'm in need of some longer HDMI cords.
Preferably for free.

>just click a couple buttons and watch whatever is available on a streaming service.
It's that type of laziness which explains why you are getting paid shittily at your meaningless job. Prepare to be automated in the upcoming years, mindlet.

This

Oh okay.
I can't find anything to watch for the next couple of weeks, so I constantly run into a brick wall with nothing to watch.
Recommend anything

>not having a comp/laptop slaved to your tv to watch shitty shows

I'm and oil and gas engineer and work 84 hours a week in front of a computer with a week off every month or two. The last thing I want to do is watch movies on a computer when I'm home.

This is probably a good idea, I never thought of that desu

>work 84 hours a week
>doubt.jpg

Pro-tip: Get an android box with kodi and install quasar. It gives you a nice UI to select movies to watch in the same quality as the torrent since you are actually downloading the file and not streaming.

See pic
I'll look into that, thanks user

I don't understand the "I don't have time to wait for the torrent" point.

You can put multiple torrents on while you are watching an already downloaded movie.

You just have to move out of a third world shithole if your download speed is non existable.

I stopped using torrents when I got a cease and desist. I'm not willing to pay for a VPN and I'm just not willing to risk being sued. I mostly only use XDCC now. It's ancient and slower than torrents but it's virtually impossible to get busted for pirating.

Shit do those cease and desists actually happen?

Completely agree. I don't want to see warnings about how I'm a criminal after legally buying it.

>Not willing to pay for an anonymous vpn
Jesus. Even if you don't torrent, a non-logging vpn is a must have. Oh, you don't need your privacy because you have nothing to hide, right? :^)

>yeah dude I totally earn $50 an hour, 75 with overtime

>Nobody else torrents on their android then WiFi direct connects to their TV

Literally subhuman intellect, all of you

>what is a math major
Lmao poorfag

>pay for a VPN
but $5 a month is negligible, though, especially since you don't even need it every month.

I have a Roku. Why would I dick around with all that? I just download a movie and put it in my shared folder and turn on the TV and watch it.

Why do you think I work 84 hour weeks? You make hay when the sun is shining

>math majors
>earning anything above 100k
And that's where your story falls apart user, good talking with you kiddo.

It's an unnecessary cost though. I'm not missing out on anything by not having one.

I don't even have a TV.

I buy 'em to support shit I like, but I never even open them, due to reasons you mentioned.

Why has no group seriously picked up YIFY's mantle yet?

>PC + torrent + projector

cheap, fast, convenient, best possible quality.

>I'm not missing out on anything by not having one.
Just a sense of security, and the ability to download all of the media you want for free.

The fuck would I do that when I have a real htpc with plex for? Where the fuck would you even store your files you degenerate?

>Except unlimited movie downloads of whatever you want, without receiving threatening envelopes.

same question, I thought it was a meme
>never used VPN (for torrents)
>never got any problems
what am I doing wrong?

>I just download a movie and put it in my shared folder and turn on the TV and watch it.

That's more effort than my way. You download it and play the video on your phone, then share and it's on your TV. No moving files or getting up to use the computer. There literally isn't a method with less input unless you want to watch a movie on your monitor, which would take only two less clicks.

Face it pleb you're bested

I can still download and watch anything I want, I just don't use torrents anymore.

Really depends on your country, ISP, and downloading habits.

>Where the fuck would you even store your files you degenerate?

On my 120 GB phone harddrive. When I run out of space I can stick them on my computer, haven't run into an issue yet. I also wouldn't want to deal with those slow menus on the Plex. Didn't have to pay for a box either.

how

XDCC

>If its not on DirectTV or Netflix
omfg pleb.

Get Kodi + Exodus

wait, XDCC still exists? and people share stuff? you can find anything/everything?

I see.

It seems to be pretty popular still. I haven't had any trouble finding anything.

>I also wouldn't want to deal with those slow menus on the Plex.

Yeah I'm sure fucking around playing random files over wifi is much more convenient than an interface designed for convenience and visibility, not to mention aesthetics.

I've had to resort to torrents since Blockbuster Video shut down.

I fucking hate streaming services with a passion. Fragmented libraries. Region locking. Subscription fees. Pure cancer.

Same but the little fucker had us watching norm of the north last weekend

>get a decent tv that also takes usb
>torrent your kino into a memory stick/external hard drive and watch it on your TV

wow so fucking hard, I just save you whatever amount you spend on your TV subscription.

Started from limewire in like 2005-6 (10/11), moved to torrents as I discovered Sup Forums in 2007(13), haven't stopped since.
Used to watch 720 YIFY on desktops, now I HDMI to my house's living room 65" SmartTV with the highest quality of anything I can find a few times a day. Once I tried out Lawrence of Arabia on it I couldn't stop myself. Cameron's Avatar blew my mind when I always had thought it was kinda shit, to be honest

Eh it's probably too comfy of a setup. Feels 1st world as shit. + I've burnt through like 4 or 5 computers/laptops doing this kind of shit over the years. Definitely not sustainable, being able to watch literally whatever the fuck you want whenever with no one breathing down your neck

capeshit, remakes, sequels and no original movies because all the best writers work for tv shows

yes nigga, get your ass a vpn

Which ones? Because I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary for a while. Maybe I'm just jaded but honestly, there is nothing that comes close to the The Sopranos or The Wire.

drm practises in the movie industry are the best example of how DRM hurts the paying user and not the pirate

Same here. I think it's more of an anglo thing, other countries are probably not deemed important enough to bother with.

>tasteful looking case with a 40 GB file named "[title].mkv"
this post made me sad, why is our world so perversed

>wheres that darn napster button

i mean i knew this board was filled with retards but still

It's not importance, it's possiblity.

ISP's in say russia, thailand or brazil or whatever the fuck are not going to give any fuck what some burger lawyer says. If the isp doesn't cooperate in sharing user data about the IP's they collect then they can't even send the letters or threaten anyone.

you don't need ISP cooperation to collect torrent users' IPs, due to the nature of the protocol.

everyone in the swarm sees each other's IP.

see "Peers" tab/window/whatever in your torrent client.

Don't you need the ISP's cooperation to know whose IP is that and where are you supposed to send that letter with all those scary words though?

I never said you did, learn to read.

I said you need ISPs cooperation to turn that IP into a user data to send a letter to. Dipshit.

IPs on their own are worthless.

- 1080p torrents for films I can't see at my cinema with my unlimited membership
-Kodi using exodus for TV/trashy films as long as the quality is decent

my bad, I'm a fag

Literally type "[movie name] torrent" in google and you still get a page full of torrent links that take 10 minutes max to download.

Torrenting is way easier than before because of how much download rates have improved.

That's actually one of the reasons I stopped buying DVD's and shit like that. You spend 20 dollars on something and it's filled with commercials. Early DVD's were actually pretty cool because it was just the movie.

>mfw the guys who get caught torrenting are people who always update their torrent clients and are downloading/seeding a large-size movie almost everyday

For goodness sake, why don't these torrent elitists have some self-control?

literally this

OP is a retard

+6000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

That isn't why you are getting caught you fucking retard, you get caught when you seed a torrent an jew lawyer spy is on while having an ISP that cooperates with them. That is all.

The fuck does torrent client have to do with anything or even size?

i worked in six video stores through my working career. they all went out of business.

2005-2013, i horded movies when they would go out of business, or i'd just lift them. the money i had that i didn't spend on booze and food, went to movies. had around 5000 at the height of my collection.

i moved in with my girlfriend a few years ago. she didn't want to deal with all of my movies, and who the fuck can blame her. my house was a sprawl of movies. so, i cut down. she permitted me one wall for my movies, so i kept my greatest hits, about a thousand, in the bedroom.

i have three 50 gallon trashbags in the basement that are filled with movies.

i've only bought maybe a dozen dvds in the last two years.

mostly, we just go see them in theaters, torrent a lot of movies.

it's a really big change for me, but i've found if you compromise in some areas of your life, it really pays off.

>career

you dont even have to seed to get caught. just connecting to a swarm can get you logged.

>getting caught for torrenting
>in Eastern Europe
good joke lol

i couldn't think of a better word for it. history might have been better?

of course, i don't work at a video store anymore. they're not around. i'd love to work at one, but what can you do.

the reason current movies are so bad is that the only people who are still dumb enough to pay for shit watch that kind of crap.

Buena pagina para descargar pelĂ­culas / juegos /appes

meybe its a fed

>she permitted me

cuck.

>when you realize people use phones instead of computers
Gas yourselves and get out

Back then you hadn't been saturated with every genre. There weren't libraries of kino or flicks to choose from at your fingertips. Going to watch a movie was an event. Now it's something to pass the time.