More like Lie Lie Land

>more like Lie Lie Land

It's dishonest?

Agreed.
Dishonest Filmmaking:
(Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously.
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonising.

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking.

They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off Eraserhead, but they have nothing else to say.
They act under the guise of deconstruction with surface layer obvious 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance.

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time.

Some notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to:
>Mike Leigh
>The Coen Brothers
>Werner Herzog
>James Cameron
>Mel Gibson
>Terrence Malick
>Gaspar Noe
>Clint Eastwood

Its as dishonest as can get with dishonest actors

Bumping

I dunno I thought the strawman arguments about jazz were pretty honest

Honestly autistic

REEEEE WHY WON'T PEOPLE LISTEN TO JAZZ REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Jesus christ do you guys even like movies? Honestly how can you if you put every fucking thing under microscope? Just watch the fucking movie.

This is the first time this meme made me laugh

this copypasta every goddamn thread thread

bore-ass shit-ass meme, abandon it thaaaanks

its authentic in that aspect yes
jazz fans are even worse than metal fans

what is this meme

>He watches dishonest movies

>I liked X movie, therefore Sup Forums cannot dislike it

>More like Lie Lie LAME

this memepost is good because people actual read it and agree with it, not realising that it's doing the very thing it criticises those films for: saying things with no real substance or insight.

Not what I'm saying at all. I'm totally up for actual discussion on Sup Forums but you when half you guys post this bullshit that prevents actual discussion to begin with.
>if you dont dislike this movie because clearly muh theoretical degree in film says so ur a dumbass

Nigga you went into a bait thread and bit. What the fuck were you expecting?

>actual discussion
>Sup Forums
newcucks are adorable

I think I'm just scared that people actually believe this dishonest filmmaking shit

Was there ever a time, user?

Unfortunately it's not so far-removed from some of the drivel Armond White spouts every week

>Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen
very true
not a single good film from any of these directors

Sad!

This meme gets homosexual musical theater tards in a tizzy!

>It's dishonest?

JUST LIKE THE MEDIA