ITT: Movies you're too stupid to understand

ITT: Movies you're too stupid to understand

This one too

Then I looked at an explanation online and the twist is just shit so I'm glad I didn't get it

Synecdoche, New York

Literally what the fuck is up with that movie

I don't know man. I watched it but I'm too stupid to get it.

So like, a bear raised a kid and they just sing songs all day?

Liberally what the fuck is up with this movie?

It's about spiders taking over the world

So he was Tyler the whole time??? How did the gun not kill him?

all of them desu ;_;

Time slips by quickly, everyone dies, don't let your obsessions consume you

>How did the gun not kill him?

I understand the film perfectly cause it's not hard to understand, but this still literally bogs my mind

But it wasn't complicated at all.
And the artsy bullshit was subdued.
Come on man.

I am too stupid to understand. Please explain it to me.

I just looked it up, we can see that he only shot himself in the side of his cheek/throat area, so obviously he needs medical attention but hasn't wrecked any vital organs. At this point, he has taken back control over his life through that act which is what causes Bradd Pitt to die, not necessarily the gunshot itself but the symbolism behind the act

Acceptance, basically.

The director described the movie as a spiral that benefits from multiple viewings and that's how it works best.

It's about this man's fear of being stuck in a mundane life with a woman. He feels trapped (in her web) and the pressures of normal society will always lead him to want to escape. His mind splits and he winds up with another separate life, which he obviously can't keep up with and the movie is the collapse of them on to each other until the process starts again.

I hate the explanation that they're the same guy because the entire story does so much work to prove they are both real and very different.

I think it's about man's deep-seated fear of women and becoming a father. At the end, the spider represents his child. I think she went into the room and her water broke and he came in and found her.

Lots Highway. I quit too early trying to sort it out and looked it up.

It seemed like a decent movie, but I couldn't follow it.

no fucking idea what happened. i dont think its stupidity, just failing to understand what the director was trying to convey by jerking off his own ego so hard

>the tribe
wtf whats this deaf shit lol speak english am i right???? fuck that

only existing dialogue is the fucking characters breathing out loudly when doing hand signs
>HAAH HYYH HYEAH HAAH HUUUAH

This.

What the fuck was the conclusion? That women are evil?

Don't get me wrong, it's pure kino, but it's pretty fucked up.

I've watched it like three times and it's a different takeaway every time

there's a lot of meaning here i really can't get but i like what i see

Damn I forgot all about this shit...I really liked this movie. Definitely intrigue kino. The torture scene was blunt, quick, got to the point and was done.

What the fuck is not to get here? It was just brilliant psychological horror.

>it's a Jake Gyllenhaal movie with an ambiguous ending

op you're literally to stupid to meme correctly.

It does nothing to show they are two different people. Quite the opposite. The one singular part of the film that gives your point any merit is the car accident. Everything else, from the wife realizing he's crazy to the mom telling him to quit acting to the ripped photograph and a dozen other things all support that he's the same person. Plus it's easy to overlook things that don't fit the reality, unless you think there's actually a giant spider at the end. The parts that seem crazy are in his head.

>That women are evil?

It's a constant theme in Von Trier movies.

Why would he shoot people and then threatened to throw them out of a plane

Then the "explanation" you looked up didn't get it either.

Cloud Atlas
Sucker Punch
Predestination

Please be fucking joking.

nah

not the guy you asked, but ill try

have you ever thought what your life would be like had you been more confident (or smarter), all the great things you would be and have? same name, same name, same face, but would you still be the same person? would that person still have all the thing you have, the intangible ones? and all of it just hinging on one's choices.

the concept of ones double is old and common(think evil twin), it is about man versus himself, the dark side one struggles to keeps subdued.

I had started to read the book on which it is based then saw the film (only realizing the fact along the way) then finished the book. the book is great too, although im not sure how good the english translation is. if you were intrigued by the film, give it a shot, it's not something you swallow over a couple days - small bits over a month or two works great too

A Field in England

only real answer in the thread

The spider is a vagina and represents the crazy power that it has in our lives.

Prisoner of azkaban

I understand it but half of you don't understand the simple closed loop time travel

>Movies you're too stupid to understand
>post a movie that you do understand