Admit it, if he was a gay white kid with a mom addicted to meth this movie wouldn't have received any praise

Admit it, if he was a gay white kid with a mom addicted to meth this movie wouldn't have received any praise.

People only like it because the characters are black.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Craig#2007_arrest_and_consequences
youtube.com/watch?v=hedJer7I1vI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's not true because anything with a gay anyone gets praised

Stonewall didn't

Admit it user, you don't know anything about movie making. Instead of just moving on and liking what your like or even arguing the movie doesn't work on its own, all you can do is argue ulterior motives to the people who do like it.

WE

Admit it user, you don't know anything about POST making. Instead of just moving on and liking what your like or even arguing the POST doesn't work on its own, all you can do is argue ulterior motives to the people who do like it.

well, i mean, the movie is about a dude struggling with identity, and his race factors into that, so in a way i guess you're right? but not in the dumb, blockheaded way you actually think

Probably would have won more awards if it wasn't about black people

>only black people struggle with masculinity
Yeah, no.

>DUDE BLACK PEOPLE CAN MAKE GOOD OSCAR BAIT TOO THE MOVIE THE FILM THE FLICK THE CINEMATIC UNIVERSE TRILOGY ANTHOLOGY THE SERIES LMAO

Nah you are talking shit, this isnt like Hidden Figures at all.

Somebody made the point yesterday that if the cast were white and the main character was from a really conservative/christian town the story would work just as well.

The fact that he was black doesn't take away from how great this movie was. The acting and directing were superb.

you can't deny the african-american boys have a very specific culture re: masculinity, and that's part of the story

what point are you even trying to make here

I couldnt disagree more. If this was a gay white kid it would be universally loved even here

>complains when blacks are shoehorned into white stories
>complains about stories where black actors are put into realistic black stories

Choose one

I know what I prefer

I havent seen this but saying "change race/gender/sexual orientation and the movie would be shit lmao" fails completely to take into account how race matters when building a coherent and realistic story..

no you fucking faggot. if he was white the movie would be beloved even more. The Danish Girl was a movie about a white faggot. He won the oscar. The Dallas Buyers Club was a movie that featured a white faggot tranny played by Jared Leto. He won best supporting actor Oscar. White privilege is real in hollywood

Honestly that ending was shitty I don't know how anyone would like it either way.

But I'd like the oldest version destroy my boypussy.

If they did a hillbilly gay story it would've been the best thing ever. Just imagine the father of one of the boys mumbling with his white trash accent when he found out his son is a faggot.

redmayne didn't win anything for his role in danish girl, luckily

He won an Oscar for playing Stephen Hawking. The Danish Girl was a flop.

That's pretty much what Brokeback Mountain was and it was 10x better than Moonlight.

Nah I don't want grown up cowboys. I want barely legal teen boys still working on their dad's farm and going to church with their families.

yea out of the oscar favorite bunch, this was the one I liked the most. it looked good and sounded great. reading the script afterwards, though, i realized they cut a lot of chiron's lines which kinda sucks cause his character felt a bit underdeveloped and unnaturally laconic

This movie was great, no argument necessary

Yeah, with good reason. Stonewall was Roland's white twink fantasy come to life.

Pretty much. Leftist elitism turns almost animated and comical when the characters are black. Instead of scoffing and making fun of them they treat them like sad animals. It's more like Marley and Me than The Elephant Man. It's not about empathy, it's exploitation of preconceived feelings. They personify blacks in the same way they personify dogs in movies. It's really disgusting. These movies are fuel for political pet causes. A few years ago you could still do this shit with gays but that ship has sailed. I think Dallas Buyers Club was the last big movie where being gay was edgy enough to impress Hollywood.

The next mark is Muslims but Americans need to be conditioned a bit more before studios start to bankroll Islamic sob stories. Most westerners still despise Muslims.

Why cant you faggots just admit that they made a good movie with no white people?

I went in not expecting to connect to this movie due to being from a completely different background. On a technical level this movie blew me away and that has nothing to do with race

Admit it, you're a dog whistling racist.

i feel like this post should be accompanied by an onscreen caption saying "this is what weirdo shut-ins actually believe"

>realism = art

what is this non-committal garbage post even supposed to mean

this is true but only because white people are generally more accepting and intelligent. A lot of the drama is coming from the values in black culture.

Do you pay attention to Hollywood politics at all? Because nothing I said there is far fetched at all

I'm not even saying anything in regard to the quality of the movie. These things are usually very competent films. I'm talking about the politics of "praise" like the OP said.

You only think this because you saw it after touted as MOTY . If you saw it before you'd think it was a great film

Asmit it. You're just angry thus movie has black people in it. Same thing happened with 12 Year's A Slave. You whined about ehite guult even though that wasn't the point of the movie. You're just insecure.

I've never seen any evidence of this "you only reacted like you did because he was black" statement.

Are you retarded? Masculinity is the same regardless of colour of skin.

You can't call someone retarded and at the same time be THIS fucking stupid, man.

My shitpost matches, if not surpasses, the quality of your incoherent original post m8.

>a gay white kid with a mom addicted to meth

So a fantasy film. Because after all, according to this site, white people are perfect.

Civilized people masculinity = defending country, family, honor-- exploring new realms, risking life for discovery-- enduring hardships, perseverance-- creating art, culture and cicilization, combating and resisting evil and degeneracy in one's self and in society

Black masculinity = AYO HOLUP *STABS TWO PEOPLE DUE TO PETTY ARGUMENT*-- WASSUP SHAWTY *MAKES THREE NEW SINGLE MOTHERS ON WELFARE-- U BE SAYIN I'M AN ENTROPERNER N SHIEET *DEALS SOME CRACK TO KIDS*-- KING KONG AIN'T GOT SHIT ON ME *DIES IN DRIVE BY* MAH NIGGAAAAAAAAA

what
how's black and white hypermasculinity even remotely similar
go choke on your retainer, you child

>Nonwhites are more likely than white segments of the U.S. population to identify as LGBT. The survey results show that 4.6% of African-Americans identify as LGBT, along with 4.0% of Hispanics and 4.3% of Asians. The disproportionately higher representation of LGBT status among nonwhite population segments corresponds to the slightly below-average 3.2% of white Americans who identified as LGBT.
There are literally more gay niggers than gay humans.

So white male culture isn't masculinity?

Also the kid would be raised by a white drugdealer which doesn't exist

This, the movie wuz black kino.

>space islam, therefore warpcore reactor breach finale ending

Difficult to be a racist these days against a race that's been prevented from existing.

And you faggots only like Mad Men because the characters are white, moving on

And to think, this is what we've done to the people who gave us the pyramids.

WUZ

In Hollywood, a homophobe is almost always secretly gay, or they compensate by being overly masculine. Example: American Beauty.

-The black community is generally extremely masculine and homophobic in real life.
-Many transexuals, gays and drag queens are black men.
-AIDS is ranpant in the black community.

Really made me think. What is the movie trying to say here?

black version of boyhood. both mediocre movies that don't deserve a tenth of the praise they've been getting

Moonlight is way better than Boyhood when you consider three actors were able to portray the same character throughout his life rather than one mediocre actor.

the white character would have to be trailer trash for that to work.

...please date me sempai? I'unno.

GAYZ

Umm no whites are privileged even if they are poor and addicted to meth.
t. Sup Forumsmblr

Not enouf xplosions, am i right?

>gave us the pyramids

That's not what he's saying though. Conceptions of masculinity and homophobia are very prominent in the black community pretty much universally. The same can't be said of white people in a general sense. Now if it was a gay white kid living in the country with a meth addict mom that would be compelling. But, and no disrespect, just being a gay white kid doesnt necessarily lead to a tough upbringing.

>Conceptions of masculinity and homophobia are very prominent in the black community pretty much universally
They aren't see

And what point are you even trying to make?

You're so fucking dumb it's actually fascinating. You literally don't believe in cultures. Lmao

It was a decent movie. There is no anti-white propaganda or complaints about racism or anything. It is just a story about someone struggling to grow up and form his own identity while being pressured by society, who happens to be black and come from a black neighborhood. You are bitching about a movie simply because it's about a black person, much like how SJWs bitch about movies simply for featuring white people.

>degeneracy
Why not just start your post with "I'm an angry virgin"?

NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS VIOLENT SAVAGES NIGGERS KEK KANGA

Confirmed for not watching the movie. There are no homophobes who are secretly gay

Great argument

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Craig#2007_arrest_and_consequences

That has no relevance to my post. The guy I was replying to was suggesting that the movie was suggesting all homophobes are secretly gay. There is nothing like that in the movie.

Blacks hate fags. Blacks are terrified to come out of the closet because the black community is completely intolerant of that shit

what a shit fucking movie, I finished watching it right now. UNBEARABLE main character

overrated negro oscar bait

But manchester by the sea is also being praised and it is about white people.

It would still be pretty good.

It's well-shot. The acting is pretty great throughout and the soundtrack is fantastic.

It's just well made.

>oscars are overwhelmingly white
>"THEY JUST PUT A NIGGER IN IT TO WIN AN AWARD EVEN THOUGH WHITE PEOPLE ALWAYS WIN LOL"
Yes.. Sup Forums IS this retarded.

T. Jewish media cabal shill

but niggers !!! jewish shill !!!!!!!! who cares if it's well made. it's oscar bait !!!!! they shouldn't have tried to make a good film so it would have lost all the awards !!

>soundtrack is fantastic
It's just classical music then one old song from the 50s at the end.

Black's make the most flamboyant queens. They don't hide their power levels and go full blast stereotype.

don't forget some sick ass rap tracks yo

(it was not a good movie)

But Hollywood is run by fags and pedophiles

youtube.com/watch?v=hedJer7I1vI

>tfw sand never got to live in this NYC.

NYC is so fucking white now, even the blacks are white.

I don't think you have ever met any black folks.

Not like Oreo black kids. I'm talking real real real real hood black folks.

Honestly if anything, the white conservative thing would have felt too cliche and overdone.

Part of the movie's appeal is the unique perspective. We've seen this kind of critical eye applied to white conservatives/christians but not to black communities.

Jesus Christ your dense.

After all Sup Forums's memeing, they finally make a film that criticizes black culture and you still find a way to perceive it as anti-white.

>Do you pay attention to Hollywood politics at all?
How does one pay attention to Hollywood politics? Mostly I just see bloggers and anons making sweeping assumptions about why certain decisions were made.

>Admit it, if he was a gay white kid with a mom addicted to meth this movie wouldn't have received any praise.

8 mile got plenty of praise

Jenkins has some skill in getting performances from his actors, but as a storyteller and cinematic craftsman, on the basis of this movie he's amateurish. This movie, like Boyhood, didn't really have anything to say. The boy is uninteresting and remains so as a teen and young man, and the sensitive mounting of the issue of his sexuality doesn't inherently make the movie more valuable as an artistic endeavor.

The film is just fundamentally a weak story that's being overly commended because of its managing to present characters not frequently portrayed onscreen (a decent man who's a successful drug dealer, a black inner-city youth with homosexual leanings, a bad mother who's not a monster, etc. - all very interesting potentially, but not so much in the service of drama this mundane and superficially developed).

its kino

>How does one pay attention to Hollywood politics?
Simply take notice of what people are talking about and placing importance on.

What people are you referring to? The bloggers and anons I'm talking about? On this board every other opinion is MUH JOOS. Rarely does anyone contribute anything based on fact.

Things that actually happen in Hollywood happen behind closed doors so I don't really get what you mean.

>Things that actually happen in Hollywood happen behind closed doors
oh wow then i guess you should look at what walks out of these doors, genius