Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cvyywDE67tY
youtube.com/watch?v=kdFGgBsgD7s
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7EsX-oJe6s
youtube.com/watch?v=VJj6NjNKmvU
youtube.com/watch?v=bNNNS-i33TY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is secretly NIN's worst album

Definitely the most overrated one. Not sure if I'd call With Teeth better though

With Teeth is better than most NIN albums

That's what I've been saying.

This is obviously NIN's best album

the remaster sucks

your mom sucks

Not really, has some really weak moments.

>not Strobe Light

It is secretly a tribute to "Heroes". An energetic opening which turns into a series of ominous moody instrumentals, to be concluded by a final lively track.

Nice Choice but Hesitation Marks is the best Modern Era album, The Fragile Best classic era

the remaster is brickwalled like your mom is brickwalled with black cock

It's actually Low, even their cover arts are samilliar

I still cannot decide what is better, Hesitation Marks or the recent EPs.

As the EPs can be considered one album, I'm waiting on EP 3 to have a complete picture before I make that judgement call. It's sort of like comparing 2/3rd of an album against a full one.

Hesitation Marks feels like the PHM of the 21st century. Laying down the blue prints to something bigger and the EP's like Broken - stretching and exploring something that leads to another TDS.

Exciting times.

>this album kills the Angery 'Trent's life needs to be suffering to make good music' NIN surface dwelling fan

NTAE did it better.
Here's your (you)
It's aged worse than any of his other albums.
Great taste.

>NTAE did it better.
I disagree, The Slip did it better, it was more of a "Inacessible, dirty" album, more so than NTAE which it was supposed to be.

NIN hasn't been good since The Fragile

NIN went from "just great" to "amazing" band during and after The Fragile.

*Blocks your path*
youtube.com/watch?v=cvyywDE67tY

wild card

*Teleports behind you*
youtube.com/watch?v=kdFGgBsgD7s
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7EsX-oJe6s

NIN went from edgy teenage-core to edgy manchild-core after The Fragile.

>manchild-core
Doesn't even make any sense. It's just really good music, it is still angsty, but it never gets so over-the-top as it did during The Donward Spiral.

Crap synthpop with sour vocals is anything but "good" music.

The Slip was a dirty album in that how quick he pumped it out, it isn't nearly as obtrusive as NTAE's noisiness. The Slip still has a lot of pop elements from WT era songwriting in it. It's in sort of a weird sort of place. It also has the luxary of being twice the length of NTAE so it gets to explore a little more, where as NTAE is leaner and more on the point.

I like them both. As always they seem indictive of where Reznor was at the time. The Slip, Tying up loose ends so he can move onto his next phase in life and NTAE, trying to mesh who is used to be with who he is now.

Are you talking about Pretty Hate Machine? Hesitation Marks can barely be considered "synthpop", and even if, that is just one album.
You're ignoring stuff like The Slip, Year Zero and NTAE, which are very much so not synthpop.

youtube.com/watch?v=VJj6NjNKmvU nothin personnel...kid

I mean, the only real "Pop" element in The Slip is Echoplex or Discipline, some tracks don't get close to The Slip's noisiness, like Letting You.

youtube.com/watch?v=bNNNS-i33TY
Ehehehe, nice try kiddo

oh shiiiieet, meant for

Head Down is pretty accessible though. It wouldn't sound out of place on a modern rock/metal radio station.

I wouldn't say so, the choruses are pretty clean, but the verses and the ending is really noisy and glitchy. But then again, I guess Year Zero did that even harsher.

It's not the best but underrated.
No.
Basically this. Even though once he made The Fragile he only got better and better.
This.
It was p okay.

Popular modern metal tracks usually have melodic choruses. Maybe not necessarily clean, but the verses are usually much more chaotic with the usual chorus hook to sing along to.
Basically what I'm saying is that if there's a hook in the chorus most people will probably dig it.

Ghosts, The Slip and The Fragile are fucking great but there was a time I dismissed them. Word of mouth told me The Slip sucked, Ghosts was ambient and I was like fuck that, and with how maligned The Fragile was I assumed it was a self indulgent mess.

Hesitation Marks was about to be released, so I listened to them before it came out and was blown away by it. basically fuck listening to opinions, just try it out.

Still it was kind of nice. On top of Hesitation Marks, I had three virtually new (to me) albums to listen to all at the same time. Great time.

There's comes a time where you realize that the best way to determine quality of anything, not just album, is really by experiencing it yourself.
It is extremelly easy to be swayed by the word of mouth, I used to believe
"Trent's work has been extremelly mediocre after The Fragile, got happy" shit.
So, when I listened to the Post-Fragile albums, I kept those comments in my head, and they stopped me from properly giving these albums a chance, as if my "opinion" was alreadly formed, whenever I knew it or not.
Eventually though, I learned that I actually personally prefer Post-Fragile NIN, I can see how he has evolved. Now I think that all NIN albums are great.

Still is actually one of my favourites. Maybe up there just behind TDS.

While it may be the harhest NIN album and one of the more inacessible ones, it doesn't make it the best, at all. I prefer With_Teeth over it by a mile.

"that's what i get" is a turd from start to finish

I don't consider Pretty Hate Machine to be Trent's best effort, but I will come to defense for the song.

The lyrics and Trent's vocals are utter shit, but everything else in that song is pretty good.

NOW I'M SLIPPING ON THE TEARS YOU MADE ME CRY

I think it's a cute song. I don't take it all that seriously.

No.

It's good to see more people have grown to like this album more over time

Some great tracks in this album but I wouldnt even consider it entry level tier

Ahem

HAHAHA
no

You know deep down that I’m right though

deep down my ass maybe

>It's good to see more people have grown to like this album more over time
Literally happens to every NIN album.

The Downward Spiral - while not being pleasant to the ear, the message contained and voyage you take while listening to it, is overwhelming. It took me several years to start to like it.

All That Could Have Been - Runner Up, contains Trent's arguably best song, named the same as the album. Doesn't get enough recognition, even by Trent.

What I value about NIN the most is the fact that Trent manages to encapsulate emotions and thoughts very well and balances everything pretty well. He manages to be edgy without inducing cringe (for the most part). He conveys sadness without sounding whiny (excluding Pretty Hate Machine). Trent is a treasure.