Current favourite album

current favourite album
how long you've frequented Sup Forums and why

>pic related
>a little over two years. my scant amount of friends are all normies musically, and muh depression obviously

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7U8TjDsnVcE
youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bumpo. i'm interested in other peoples answers

youtube.com/watch?v=7U8TjDsnVcE

Infrequently over the last 5 years or so

My friends have atrocious taste in music or normie tier at best

Listen to it couple of months back and thought it was boring.Listened to it again last week and started to see it's appeal and beauty

6 months

3 months

I wasn’t satisfied with my taste yet and I wanted to find better albums

I love Steve reich so much I wrote music basically ripping him off.

Wire - Chairs missing

since 2010
i do it to find new music, sometimes i get really good recommendations here

3 years

Pitchfork started getting annoying, all of the music subreddits were shit, and I didn't know of any other place to go to find genuine recommendations from other people rather than a marketing deal.

Honestly, thank you guys. You have brought me to bands that I probably would've never had heard of that have brought me a lot of happiness and joy. I truly appreciate that.

that cover is unsettling. i've only listened to nada - don't think it was for me really - would i like that?

>Haruomi Hosono, Shigeru Suzuki & Tatsuro Yamashita - Pacific
>9 years, though irregularly. Longest break from Sup Forums I had was 6 months.

1 and a half years.
It's fun seeing what other people think about music that none of my friends would care to discuss.

>about 4 years, though fairly infrequently last year
>I always end of getting sucked back in through sharethreads

3-4 years, honestly can't remember now. I just trawl through music that's posted here until I find shit I like.

If you listened to But What Else When The Symbols Shatter, imagine something that is more trying, less melancholic and far noisier at the second part of the album

On and off for about 5 or 6 years.

Mostly come here for sharethreads and shitposting

About 9 years, maybe 10. Wanted to discover new music, and I still do, occasionally. Found out great things through this site, you guys are alright.

OP here. What was Sup Forums like in the past? Gr8 choices by the way

more tripfags
more /soc/ threads
shitposting that was actually creative

bitch if you were actually depressed you wouldn't be able to get out of bed

Since 2013 here

Same as what said
Might i add:
The tripfags back then were interesting and fun to shit on/discuss with (notably hampus)
Shitposting was actually creative as anons back then would create comic strips or funny photoshops and shit, unlike nowadays where its the same old copypasta bait. I actually had a folder dedicated to all of those glorious moments in Sup Forums. Sadly that was in my old laptop that died.
Chart threads were more prevalent back then and had some variety to it, like having to draw yourself, posting a photo something related to their other hobbies and how that ties into their taste.
Sup Forumstants back then also were more social, by way of hanging out in online DJ lobbies, playing browser/online/flash music related games.

my particular favorite shitposts back then were the variations of this comic

Most of the newcomers here won't know this Sup Forums classic.

youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk

>frequently for about 4-5 months
>I want to expand my music taste, the few friends I do have listen to soundcluld rap and bother me about what I listen to. I like going on the last.fm and chart threads and just finding new albums to listen to

Sup Forums album reactions back then were the best

>About 5-6 years infrequently at first
>Got bored of Sup Forums and got bored of listening to the same genres and wanted to branch out.

>how long you've frequented Sup Forums and why
September 2012. Around the time Centipede Hz came out. Reasons I've come have changed a lot but in the last 2-3 years I usually gravitate towards the small community driven stuff like /blindfold/ and /planetarium/. Haven't seen anything like them that in a while so I don't come around too often nowadays. Occasionally when I'm really bored I'll come on to see if any albums catch my eye.

A few years but infrequently.

>how long you've frequented Sup Forums and why
a bit under a year now, got sick of having noone to talk music with

First came here back in 2014 but didn’t start coming regularly until last February.

Came for the shitposting and album recs. Pic related is my current favorite, only just started listening to Swans.

Just short of 2 years.

Literally know nobody who likes the same music or has a passion for it as much as me so wanted to find people who were.