I only listen to full albums

>I only listen to full albums

patrician

This is correct. Album dependence results from a pitiful submission to the rockist music press. A real man listens to the tracks that provide him with the most pleasure and discards the rest. This is why electronic music is superior

Same.Me too

>letting Sup Forums buzzwords dictate your listening habits

is there anybody out there that doesnt listen to full albums?

People who don't listen to rock.

>implying

you gotta do this with concept albums, or any album that's more a collection of songs written in a relatively short period about a specific set of feelings than a mixtape of funky hits.

only listening to full albums is pretty snobby though.

Could you at least go all the way and call it "guitar music"?

hello

Sure.Sometimes

Rock music is just as track based and not album based as electronic music. Rockier does not mean “likes rock music.” You can listen to rock and not be a rockist.

People under the age of 16 with short attention spans.

>I can't sit still for 40 minutes

>This is why electronic music is superior
Stopped reading there.

>is there anybody out there that doesnt listen to full albums?

Yeah, people that are afraid of a fucking bean.

Probably because that's where the post ends.

That's what the end of a post is usually for, ya ding-dong

Always appreciate the contributions, newfriends :)

I'm just waiting for you to unironically start using the term "soyphobic."

>:)
stopped reading there

>implying they're new and you're not just retarded for using the meme wrong

Now this is sad, but I just don't have the energy...
Yes, the meme is to quote the end of the statement and say "stop reading there."
ffs lurk more

stopped*

extremely new

You say like that's a bad thing you sheltered autist.

>new and defensive
wew lads

how many frames is that?

omg user did you see the new playlist i made? its got loads of my favorite songs! pearl jam, chainsmokers, ariana grande ohh and that new song from lil uzi haha :D

the only way, otherwise you're normie trash

>not just listening to albums in their entirety a couple of times and then grabbing the tracks you like and putting them into artist/genre/style specific playlists that you play when you don't want to listen to a full album
Retards the lot of you

>playlists

Depends on the genre.

rock = mostly albums
classical = live recordings
jazz = live recordings
funk, soul, disco = singles and comps
dance music = singles/mixes
pop music = singles
hip hop = mixtapes
noise = like it even matters

I actually agree with this. Sorry, OP. You fag.

>the are no electronic concept albums
get out

Name 4 more

Autobahn, Radio-Activity, Trans-Europe Express and Computer World. And they’re just from one artist.

>An entire site is afraid of a fucking bean
Wew

Name 5 from different artists without a rock background

Full albums are better at home while shuffling is much better when you're out and about

>thinking the majority of Sup Forums listen to any classical, jazz, funk, soul, disco, dance music or noise
fool

I'm not afraid of a bean at all, user!

Daft Punk - Discovery
Burial - Untrue
The KLF - Chill Out
Jeff Mills - The Occurence
Plasikman - Sheet One

you're fighting a losing battle user. Not to mention that the entire idea of a "concept album" is pretentious garbage

This thread is everything wrong with this sad excuse for a board.

Especially as literally none of them are

>noise = like it even matters
ignorant.

ep/albums great.
split works too.
live recordings also.
the true master race.

>Blank Banshee 1
>2148
>Merzbuddha
>Discovery
>Post

This. But even then I end up remembering how much I love the full album of a song that comes up and just revert back to listening to the full album again anyway

>
>People under the age of 16 with short attention spans.

Spotted a 16 year old

is this jim sterlings wife?

>A real man listens to the tracks that provide him with the most pleasure and discards the rest.
i always assumed this is what everyone does. there aren't really people out there who listen to entire albums front to back exclusively, or even regularly, are there?

This is correct. Movie dependence results from a pitiful submission to the elitist film press. A real man watches the scenes that provide him with the most pleasure and discards the rest. This is why television is superior

Most of the time, I listen to my favorite albums over and over. If the whole album isn't great, then the artist is hardly worth my time desu.

how are you supposed to grow to enjoy more songs if you only listen to the first handful that pleases you? you think you know better than the artist themselves? you think they put those songs on there knowing they're shite and just to take up space? i don't think so.

You sit at your fucking computer for hours on end, spending however long it takes to think up a new way to bait people. You're not even having fun doing it, for the most part., You have a little fun, sure, but only slight chuckles while you write up a shitty post and think up some forced way to make it relevant to the board. Then you send it off without any thought, no love or care. You only remember having the fun of shit posting while forgetting what made it fun. Was it the fact that you used to be able to express your autistic self, even if it was only on a stupid anime website? Maybe, it's hard to tell nowadays. This entire site is getting bogged down with low-effort garbage, and no real discussion. You're like the sheep in Animal Farm, nothing but tools used to block people from communicating. Get bent.

i only listen to albums that are 1 track long. problem solved.

>I only listen to songs
I dont disagree with you btw, both cases are bad

Thats just it though, theres only a handful of albums ive listened to where the entire thing is worth listening to, im not just gonna restrict myself to the same 5 or so albums for the foreseeable future.

b-b-but Sup Forumscore albums are patrician

God what happened to this board

This is true but there are select albums worth listening to in full. But they are far rarer than "music fans" would make you believe. Sonemic has actually been fantastic for showing this as even the most dick ridden albums there like say...TVU&N will have song scores that don't match the overall album scores at all. That doesn't mean TVU is a bad band cuz some of those songs on that record are great, but the shit songs are shit. Back then when music was packaged as the whole album it made sense to rate as whole albums, but we don't need to do that anymore, and music also doesn't have to work around limitations of albums either or whatever arbitrary constraints critics used to put on what makes music good based within the album format.

Yeah, people that don't let old traditions that were only really touted by a small minority dictate how they enjoy something.

>b-but mug short attention span
Fuck off, if it's quality throughout like A Love Supreme I'll listen to it or the ~two hour St Matthew Passion. Music can be good if it's two minutes or two hours long as long as it's good.

kek

okay now keep changing the goalposts!

>I am afraid of a single soybean

What the fuck did you just fucking say about beans, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Bean Farmers Academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous beans, and I have over 300 confirmed beans. I am trained in bean warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire Farm. You are nothing to me but just another bean, I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never bean seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit about beans over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the Farmland and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your attitude toward beans. I can hop on my john deere and be anywhere, anytime, and I can grow beans over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed bean, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Beans and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” image was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have ate a can of beans. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit beans all over you and you will drown in it.

Yeah, like 95% of people.

>not listening to entire disographies in one sitting
jeez, short attention span much???!