NO FUCKING WAY

holy fuck
based ott strikes again

he seems extra bitter these days. must be the twitter troll

HOLY SHIT NEW OTT

finally

Lads.... a new era is dawning.

DISAPPEARING UP YOUR OWN ASS

How can one man be right about so many things?

I always knew...
I always knew he would be back.
I love him so much....

SOME OF THEM WERE LISTENING TO WHAM DUDE!

Based Ott

On one hand he's right about a whole bunch of shit, but on the other hand goddamn how bitter can one man get

ART
CON
JACKASS

further proof that Google are nazis

being someone who's actually incredibly passionate and knowledgable about music and watching the continual dishonesty and blatant profiteering of modern music publications and distribution will make that happen. chris comes from a working class background and wrote because he was invested in the history of pop music and preserving that history for newer generations. he realized who he was workibg for and who's desires he was ultimately fulfilling and was sickened by it and left, only to be replaced with unknowledgable trust fund kids.
anyone passionate about pop music who has even sliver of class consciousness would loathe the current music "industry" and laugh at the feeble attempts of the old guard trying to stay relevant.

What is his opinion on respected classic musicians that embrace the current commercialized zeitgeist?

Nice tumblr thumbnail, Chris

He was all that in the years he originally did the Shallow Reward videos, since then hes become somehow even more incredibly bitter about everything. His screeds about almost anything (thought usually against female writers or artists) just got too tiresome. Like his entire point of this video is that someone ripped off Spotify playlist?

We should just kill all posers and falses

just kill em

>Like his entire point of this video is that someone ripped off Spotify playlist?
No, you fucking idiot. It's the impending automation and mechanization of the entire muso-jouno-sphere. If you're literally too dumb to understand silly YouTube vlogs, maybe you shouldn't be on the internet.

>(thought usually against female writers or artists)
what? he's said in multiple videos that he's happy that music publications are embracing having more distinct female voices. he said p4k had too little fenale writers when he was worjing foe them and that lindsay zoldaz was one of the best writers modern p4k's had. if you're referring to some of the shit that the shallowrewards twitter tweeted, he lost control of that to a troll for quite a long period of time. he's attacked tons of male writers (he's shit talked ian cohen more than anyone else in the "music journalism" industry) and is generally just a bitter old man who's upset that the industry is still so fucked and that the internet still hasn't completely democratized music taste and ciltural relevancy like he hoped it would.

ok, I've watched it to the end
this man certainly knows what's up, and I think his apocalyptic predictions are entirely true.

He lost control of the shallowrewards twitter only about a year ago. He had long running grudges against Grimes, Meredith Graves and some writers I can't remember off the top of my head even while the SR video series was first being done. I'm saying this as a huge fan of his previous videos, some of the stuff about goth & cassette culture are my absolute favourite pieces of 'writing' (if you can call it that) about music but his shit on Twitter got pretty old. Now hes back he seems more like his Twitter persona than before. Like this video is maybe 10 minutes of being on topic then he ends it with more swipes at P4K.

He's right when he says music has stopped being a self policing community, and that there is more of a community among YouTube content creators.

Its true for the very "online" music communities mainly because they're all dead. There's no real massive music forums or message boards anymore dedicated to single niches. I do think they still exist but it's going more and more offline. Like I know entire scenes that exist with decent record pressing sizes (for an underground scene) that barely exist online outside of gig listings and a few records for sale. Ten years ago they would have been blog fodder but not anymore.

what he said about the fags just stealing other ppls taste is what i complain about here so much. its so fucking easy just to pick and choose top 10 albums rated on rym using random genres as your own. to get praised. which is why i stopped fucking with chart threads

>midiverb ii visible over his shoulder.
this was intentional, he mentioned this unit in the shoegaze series

must be the zeitgeist

Oh damn. I wish he was still on Twitter though, I miss him talking mad shit all the time

i mean he's right but when burial's loner played for like 30 seconds during that pointless scene in elysium with matt damon my life was #enriched

fuckin based

capitalism has already won. we lost

who /hipinion/ here?

everyone on hpn is literally a disgruntled 40 year old

you didn't even fight

i was never cool enough to be let in : - (

I kek'd
good podcast, hope he continues to make more

Hearing Chris Ott directly take on Gucci Gang isn't how I thought today would go, but it's awesome to have him back.

based.

cant fight when all the weapons have been sold to the highest bidder

My head fucking hurts, it's like a massive tooth ache but in my head. Also i have a tooth ache so that sucks

see, you have logic of a capitalist

i know they poisoned me. i need a cure help pls

reconsider your life

how?
im already one semester away from getting my degree in civil engineering. have a job lined up too.
my gf is already in med school. idk what else i can do.

drop it all and post angry rants on youtube.

enjoy your totalitarian consumer society then

this drone strike brought to you by black history month and mountain dew

holy shit that girl on the spotify playlist was insane

Ott is (rightfully) reviled there

HOLY FUGG FINALLY

WE OTT RENAISSANCE PERIOD NOW

yeah because he was their dad for so long

Anyone even slightly empathetic & aligning with where he's coming from whether thats taking an interest in the history of music or just enjoying having honest discourse about it, or writing or being working class, can quickly come to see his point of what anyone on the outside looking in as 'bitter'.

It's not bitter I reckon, it's just a symptom of part of who he is and what he's seen happen to what he loves. I'm nowhere near the knowledge he has on music or as in depth with it in general and seeing what's going on puts a little of that sentiment in me. I can't even imagine how I'd feel in his position. No wonder he quit P4K.

Do a vid on soundcloud rap next, Ott.

Still all true

yeah in every chris ott thread on the internet you can find some smug idiot posting some snark about him being bitter as to suggest that he was like fired from pitchfork or something or that he was "kicked out of music". hes super crass and sometimes kind of petty but idt bitter

He comes off like a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

He does look worse than before

It's like he thinks he's on the same level as Barry Crimmins but he's really on the same level as Howard Stern. It's pretty fucking sad.

is it a conspiracy if everything he's talking about is happening now in front of us.

>DUDE YOU CAN'T APPRECIATE MUSIC THE RIGHT WAY UNTIL YOU'VE PAID YOUR DUES (LIKE I DID (IN WAYS NO ONE DOES ANYMORE)) LMAO

FREE MARKET BAD
OBSCURITY AND POVERTY GOOD

Howard Stern is the king of all media

pure fucking ownage

lol how is it a free market when top corporate stooges are dictating what the modern taste is and deciding who gets exposed and who doesn't based on their taste that's oh so grand.

Its elitism in a corporate structure.

Way to miss the point.

so what is this guy going on about? All I got from it is that putting music in film is bad

>DUDE CORPORATION ARE INHERANTLY EVIL LMAO
>MONEY IS THE ROOT TO ALL EVIL DUDE LOL *rips bong*

>"""(((free)))""" market

either he didn't watch the video or hes completely retarded

Eternally based

What does Ott think of video bloggers like Fantano?

This

He uses too much useless jargon. He makes it too hard for us to follow. He needs to simplify his message for the audience.

He's also an idiot who overreacts to issues that hurt his feelings and oftentimes espouses opinions that makes it very clear he isn't an authority on anything he talks about.

fuck man you're stone dead retarded.

Again, not even what I was saying. How old are you, like 13 thinking everyone on blue boards are commies and you just know it all man, you got it all figured out. Mummy gives bigger tendies for all the red pills you drop at the dinner table I bet.

>i am dumb as fuck and need to be spoon fed

I still don't know what a zine is

if only there was an extremely easy way to find out

if only there was some....search engine.

>what is google?

He mentions Fantano in this very video and went on his podcast. At the very least he likes the melon.

he is on an episode of fantano's podcast if you want to listen

you have to be completely inept/lazy to think this

why the fuck are you even in this thread

>why the fuck are you even in this thread
Because Chris Ott rarely has any insights into the music industry and pointing that out is kind of relevant to this thread seeing as how it praises him wrongly?

How does this guy know so much?

He's an entertainer & shock jock you fucking kekhead

Okay. But he thinks he's an intelligent guy, or presents himself as such. And the entire reason I brought up Stern isn't because people hold him to a high standard, but that Ott is a lot like him and people hold Ott to a high standard.

This guy is bitter he didn't sell out with his way smarter friends. And now he's pretending he's always hated sponsorship and paid ads.

Ah yes the high standard of making videos about music on YouTube

>t. music industry shills

>pretending people don't respect Ott purely because of the format his material is presented in
Okay, I'm ignoring you now because you're fucking stupid and aren't even acknowledging things going on.

Good meme.

>YOUR MUSIC CAN'T BE IN ANYTHING EVER OR YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR ARTISTRY INTEGRITY FUCK HAVING MONEY LOL

>>YOUR MUSIC CAN'T BE IN ANYTHING EVER OR YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR ARTISTRY INTEGRITY FUCK HAVING MONEY LOL
This is very honestly an accurate representation of his argument. I bet he also thinks Jim Jarmusch is a corporate monster and all of the artists who worked with him on The Limits of Control are sell-outs.

People are barely aware of him. He went radio silent for nearly two years.

Don't be like Ott, kids. A boring middle age dad making videos for his non-existent audience.

Sell out the second you can btw. You'll never see that type of money again

I'm not comparing the notoriety of each men, I'm comparing their mannerisms and style of presenting their opinions. The fact that you repeatedly misunderstand this obvious, fundamental part of the argument is silly.

Howard Stern is literally a comedian. You're mentally retarded.

What the fuck was he even talking? Comparing Stern to Ott? You couldn't have picked a better comparison? Were you desperate on time?

he didn't mention film once, he praised QT films for lifting up genre.

He was talking about netflix primarily just straight up buying rights and using it. TV shows on per episode basis' running itself through dickheads getting paid to scour music playlists to hand off into someone elses' hands.

He said it in the video man, you can get a fuckin' emmy for just mashing together a playlist.

Stern also espouses his opinions with sincerity and gets up-in-arms about many things. It's like dismissing this video as social criticism because Chris Ott is a music critic, not a social critic. You sound retarded when you can't reconcile people doing more than one thing in their professional lives.