Debate me

Debate me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3hZ_ZyzCO24
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

6 this low. It should be second, if not first

>actually watching past harry potter 3

None of them are good which is evident by your meme filename. Stop promoting popnerd culture.

>People unironically putting 8 above 7

Sorry that you can't appreciate actual decent films. Here have more explosions and Volermort yelling goyim, forget that "story" rubbish we all know you want to see CGI fests

As much as I'd like to attempt to, I can't prove you wrong with regard to one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

5 is an exceptionally weak movie. It has nothing to offer except for Evanna.
7 needs to be higher on the list, since its pacing is literally perfect.
3 is indeed the best though.

>8 better than 7
literally and physically wrong.

all 6/10 average fucking trash badly acted, terribly paced, hell some of the movies don't even have a story, it's just shit happening at hogwarths

debate me, fgt

>not watching past 3
Utter pleb.

For anyone that doesn't know, this is a meme where someone supposedly wrote this real review about Harry Potter and none of it is true.

Such a better acted series than the shit you shill on here. All of them are kino besides GoF

>watching harry potter at all
Stop pushing bad life choices
>telling people to stop watching at 3
Stop pushing cartel culture propaganda.

Nice patrician taste dh1 fellows

>not watching harry potter all the time
I'm sorry.

Swap 1 and 2

youtube.com/watch?v=3hZ_ZyzCO24

>childrens movies

cuck

I haven't watched them in a long time but i remember liking the first two the best. Why are they rated so low in this thread?

They are all good that's why there's so many differing opinions its a testament to how good they are. However, 3 6 7 are the best.

Because they are only liked the most by contrarians you are explaining why youtself if you haven't watched them in a while go rewatch them by all means. The first two are good but the others are much better. Stop thinking just because others are better people think they are bad.

filler. no story, just kids going to class and going "whooooah" every time magic happens.

Yeah man, the first twenty minutes or so of DH1 are pretty much the best thing in the entire series. There's a great soundtrack, there are sad moments (Hermione "oblivionating" her parents), comical moments (the polyjuice sequence), exciting moments (the fight above the clouds) and it just doesn't miss a beat. That's true for the entire movie: The timing is flaweless – like a good action movie, it leaves just enough room to breathe, JUST enough. But once you see the character zipping through the "real world" you also get the feelings that the stakes are high.

DH2 isn't bad, but compared to DH1 it feels like a DragonBall Z-episode

I've thought about it desu. Its hard to rank becsuse its basically a choice they are both pretty equally. 8 too

They all suck.

so did they make you a janny/mod yet?

Definitely I enjoyed the down time and not having to focus on hogwarts made the characters come front and center and it works so well since its the penultimate entry. Its slower and brooding. Also enjoyed how faithful it was I liked the woods and patronus, sword and horcrux scenes a lot. Plus the stuff at the lovegoods malfoys manor and godrics hollow.

Dh2 isn't bad you're correct I actually liked it more last time I saw it than originally but Dh1 is more cinematic and hard hitting. Dh2 had to be full adrenaline and since it is part 1 works all the better. Image how Dragonball Z it would have been though if there was no part 1 and they tried to stuff it all into one film.

how is one hundred years of solitude shit tier

They all rock.

1 & 2 are fun

3 is good

rest are just kinda bland and uninteresting

>and none of it is true.

it's all true

4 had peak Emma so it's the best

*characters
and
*feeling

I hate when that happens.

>4 being anywhere but last

that movie sucked, it had none of the atmosphere or energy, poor sets, terrible extras, no big crowds of pupils doing cool stuff, everything was diferent from the other movies.

Honestly it is pretty tough. None of them are bad or even just average, all of them have something going for them.

The only ones worth watching are 1,2,3 and 8. The other adaptations are too poor.

>HARRYYYYY DIDYAPUTYANAMINDAGOBLETOFFIA?

Dumbledore asked calmly

12 comfykino
3 pure kino
4 flickino
5 underrated hits the tone change well
6 7 absolute kinography
8 half cinema half flickino

All comfy

Philistine!

3 had peak Emma.
4 had "Who the fuck is that old chick?!"

Anyone who ranks PoA as the best either merely follows what Sup Forums thinks and/or has terrible taste.

>cares about adaptation
Please. Also 7 was a very good adaptation if you do care. 6 is so good becsuse.its so different. The only bad adaptation was 4 arguably.

I don't understand

I read all the books and I know that Prisoner of Azkaban was the worst movie of the series. It didn't follow the book at all and ended the movie with Harry riding the firebolt. How is it the best?

4 comes to a screeching halt because of the ball. Everything before and after that is well handled.

The graveyard scene with voldemort was well done

She was g8 in all of them guys. In DH1 she actually looks like she did facial wise as she did in 2 3.

And she looked very similar in 4 as 3 they filmed them back to back. In fact all besides 5 were filmed back to back

4 had the best ending ever and finally convinced me the books were worth reading. When I read the film I realised how terrible the film was.

Meant for
I thought it was the weakest and stilldo but I liked the ball the last time I watched but for 30 minutes there from before the ball its a comedy

Did anybody else wish that Harry actually died? I began to hate him around book 5.

Mate you're a bookfag. 3 is fantastic. Its one of the best. Your kino card hard been revoked.

What the fuck are you doing on this board if you judge a film by its book. Different mediums and film is supoosed to be original.

What are you doing on this board if you watch movies? Go back to Sup Forums before I smash your fucking face in kid.

Sounds like you are an easily swayed pussy. The films are great besides 4 but 4 did everything it could have with the climax it was a good climax.

Mad eye moody was great, and the tri-wizard tournament was fun, but tonally, 4 is all over the map.

Again, none of them are average. I consider 4 the weakest, but it's still a good film.

Could you BE more autistic

No. If you looked closely you could actually trace the growth of her boobs during the shooting of 3.
In 4 she was pretty much fully developed.

I'm not ashamed, since she's an age-peer and that's the stuff that fascinated me even back then.

Ending shot is literally kino. The freeze frame with harrys blurred face as he's in joy. His face is blurred like the dementors do when they suck out your soul. The entire film he's depressed and it ends with his face being blurred but not by the dementors by pure happiness as he rides his broom.

agreed!

>It's slower and brooding
What? No, man. It's pretty much the "Run Lola Run" of the series.

>Deh!

Oh I know I paid attention to that too Im the same age I mean facial wise in some parts of the film her face looks pretty similar to 3. But other parts it looks a little different too

The film breathes a lot idk what you mean there's many slow moments in between the shit happening.

The third movie is the one that best captured the essence of the Potter-verse. Its wacky aspects, as well as its darker aspects. It lends enormous depth to the characters, a lot more depth than the movies that preceded or followed it (character-wise it only gets better with the sixth one). Harry is growing up, he's in a more pensive mood, becoming an increasingly darker character. Hermione isn't just a snot-nosed know-it-all anymore, but finally becomes credible as an inexpendable ally to Harry. Ron is still an idiot, but a rather likeable one.
The movie perfectly delivers on those ends. It also offers special effects that stood the test of time really well, as opposed to the first two movies.

To be honest, only the tent-scene and the scenes set in Godric's Hollow come to my mind here... and the latter are still really tense.

Man, as much as I enjoyed the Harry Potter movies I just don't know what the fuck was going on with Voldemort as they went on. Particularly in the last two movies.

He went from being a mildly imposing villain to a guy who made weird noises, talked in a ridiculous, boring whisper, and hugged like an awkward virgin at comic-con. Not sure how much of it was Ralph Fiennes' performance or David Yates' direction, but it wasn't creepy in the slightest. It was just embarrassing to watch.

I agree with everything but i think yates focused more on the trio like 3 did and 6 7 8 are just as well done in that regard. The atmospheres though different are top notch as was the camerawork.

I liked him in 7 and 8. Particularly the beginning of 7 he's creep as fuck and when he goes looking for the elder wand.. he was great in the end of 4 5

There's some more wilderness shots like after ron leaves and hermione is wrapping the tree with cloth. And when they are sitting on the rock cliff, snowy godrics hollow before bathilda shows up, when they are all walking through the fields, the scenery shots, the three brothers story, the shot of hogwarts lake at the end before voldemort opens the tomb. Yea some are tense but they are brooding and slow. Harry seeing the patronus is great

Truth.

Yea mike newell made the tone for 4 cocaine

You ever fucking pretend you know about kino and enough to revoke my anonymous friendos card again, I'll kill you.

>just kids going to class and going "whooooah" every time magic happens.
Who would have thought people might enjoy a magical feeling every time they see something magical.

I know more about kino than you and I'm level headed and not losing my shit in a harry potter thread. Leave and go make your fedora thread.

You've been warned. Go watch prisoner of azkaban again. You understand? I'm letting you off with a warning, if I see you around here again saying PoA isn't kino I'm gonna have to take you in.

Man, the posters for this series were all shit and I never noticed.

Who would of thought they all shouldn't be exactly the same? Who would have thought witcraft couldn't be dark inherently? I love the early and latter one. Its great that they are all different.

Most posters are shit they had fine ones. The alternative ones were good

Shit series gets shit posters. Thats how it is, thats how its always been

Look mom I posted that HP was shit ITT again!
Tienes problemas

>It didn't follow the book at all

It did. It just changed the aesthetics from previous entries, doing away with school uniforms and reshuffling Hogwarts and the school grounds.

>and ended the movie with Harry riding the firebolt

The firebolt is a broom. You're talking about the hippogriff Buckbeak. Some bookfag you are.

No, the real shit entries are 4 upwards. Goblet of Fire is a legit assortment of the bare minimum of scenes required to hold the plot upright. It's where the gaping plotholes over the rest of the movie franchise start appearing.

>not showing anything of the Quidditch tournament
>excising Winky
>excising the Rita-Skeeter-is-an-unregistered-animagus subplot

>Barty Crouch Jr. doesn't get kissed by the Dementor, just brought back to Azkaban
>While the whole fifth books plot hinges on the fact that Harry has no-one to back up his claim that Voldemort is back - Raising the question why they didn't question Crouch with veritaserum.

>No, the real shit entries are 4 upwards. Goblet of Fire is a legit assortment of the bare minimum of scenes required to hold the plot upright. It's where the gaping plotholes over the rest of the movie franchise start appearing.

>watching for the plot
Christ almighty. 4 had some issues but the others were done excellently. The books had a ton of everyday crap to be cut and needed focus. The films all work as standalones. Books 5-7 were as good as films 5-8 and I love the books. But the films nailed the tone and atmosphere.

Again 4 was always envisioned as getting two films for all the material but there is no climax to split on thats midway that you can make two films that stand on their own narratively from begin to end. Its why you couldn't split up 4 5 or 6. But 7 you could and use dobbys death as the climax. And they were able to make two completely different feeling films.

I agree 4 left shit out but the stuff you mentioned isn't important for a film its just stuff you wanted from the books so read them

Books 5-7 weren't as good as*

>The firebolt is a broom. You're talking about the hippogriff Buckbeak. Some bookfag you are.
Not that guy, but did you watch the film? It literally ends with Harry on the Firebolt.

>The firebolt is a broom.
I know
The movie ended when he got it
The book has 12 more chapters after he receives the broom. But in the movie it ends with him receiving it

>the tent-scene
The most well-acted scene as far as Radcliffe's and Watson's performances go!
They might have strayed from the book in adding that love-triangle element, but it serves its purpose really well. And their silent performances are just so very plausible and palpable.
You can really see what's going on in Harry's head during that scene: That moment of respite, the glimmer of genuine happiness, the question whether there's more to their relationship than just friendship and lastly the sad realisation that it wouldn't work out. Very well-acted and very well-directed.

The fuck... I haven't watched the movie from beginning to end for like 12 years... you're right.

Switch 6 and 5 and we're golden.

>he hasn't rewatched hp
Doing it wrong

I know
That's why Prisoner of Azkaban is the best book but the worst movie

Apart from one, two, and four for Mad Eye, no I haven't.

I have never seen a HP thread this long without that cancerous copy paste. Nice.

She was really good in all of six and three. Their scene together in the graveyard was also very good

Hence why you have no worthwhile opinion. They are better on a rewatch. In order.

But the fact you'd watch 1 2 and 4 and skip 3 is just a red flag of idiocy

>no one's posted the pasta yet
What's happening guys?

wut its right here

You have shit critiquing chops

No matter what order you put these "films" in, it doesn't save the series from being one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

oh its been deleted haha

The pasta guy isn't even doing it to be funny..he takes Sup Forums seriously and was bullied in high chool so he hates harry potter. He just reposted the stale pasta

Its a sad day for Sup Forums

ALMOST!
4 wasn't that bad.
5 on the other hand was an utter letdown.

I don't care what you think
You haven't even read the books, you're just a fake piggybacker

I just keep re-reading the books, man. The films were good as companion pieces, but somehow I don't want to watch them again.