What's your favorite jazz album recorded after 1980?

What's your favorite jazz album recorded after 1980?

:^)

also electric masada – at the mountains of madness

Komasee Washingtongue - Eric

Portico Quartet -Knee Deep in the North Sea

Nice to see Tim Berne getting some love around here. He's pretty underrated.

Kendrick is trash.

b...b..but 10/10

Fuckthony my Asstano said so

Man you guys have amazing arguments.

why the only good thread on mu must be ruined by idiots, btw
Live in Lisbon by Mats Gustafson and Otomo Yoshihide is amazing even if totally underrated

Unironically The Epic

Jazz fans are the absolute worst and can only spout a bunch of theory jargon that they think goes over everyone's heads because they can't admit that they only hate it because it's popular.

see you and raise you

The solos on The Epic are all trash and the instrumentation/arrangements are all really messy.

easy

Tbf, if it wasn't going over your head, it wouldn't just look like meaningless jargon and you'd be able to address some of the criticisms people have made.

What makes it good to you? Let alone the best since 1980...

seconded

>people actually attempting to elaborate on their opinions beyond a superficial level makes me feel angry and insecure because they use words i don't understand and they don't like what i like
Why are so many people on Sup Forums like this?

>muh magical negro creating theory-free music from pure intuitive feeling

They don't know how to talk about music beyond "I like it" or "I don't like it" and personal attacks on anyone who disagrees so they are threatened by people who do know how to talk about music.

True and sad. Jazz threads used to be the best on Sup Forums for actual discussion of music. Until the underage morons started attacking anyone trying to actually talk about music.

Pat Metheny - Speaking of Now

Wow! So many butthurt REAL JAZZ FANS™ in this thread! Keep telling yourself that your mathematical music formulas mean something and that you're smart because you can name fancy chords and scales.