Black Metal is the closest thing to Underground gangsta rap that white people will ever have

Black Metal is the closest thing to Underground gangsta rap that white people will ever have.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4CNk-FEaaes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its actually harder and more violent

Death to False NSBM !

Hey nice scene.
Would be a shame if some hipster rock bands wore black and started claiming to be part of the genre.

>Deafheaven
>Myrkur
>Wolves in the Throne Room
>nu-Satyricon

The genre is fucked desu, mosh-pits are the only way to save it.

Hey nice scene.
Would be a shame if some hipster rock bands wore black and started claiming to be part of the genre.

need me a freak like this asap

You're looking for roadie girls at local slam shows.

first of all the closest thing white people have to gangsta rap is outlaw country, which predates gangsta rap.
second of all niggers dont know anything about metal and its fucking cringy when they try to talk about it when they dont know shit

Moshfaggotry attracts idiots and trendies like you to any genre and will do the reverse. Euronymous knew this

I'll mosh to bm any day if it fits the aggression of the song, that's one rule I could care less about.

Nah, black metal is just kids being edgy for the sake of being edgy. Local diy punk/post-punk and their genre derivative scenes make far more sense. Metal's too middle class/upper middle class.
Burning a couple churches and murdering a couple guys is pretty tame to the larger scale of violence and property damage covered by underground gangsta rap.
Deafheaven and Wolves In The Throne Room have both made great compositions, but apparently you can't enjoy metal if the band members look like stereotypical hipsters or if it tries to go outside just aggressive riff development.

Euronymous was a fucking idiot. Varg isn't the only person from that scene who at this point cringes at the childish edginess of the shit Euro instilled in those guys.

You say that as a joke, but I find that the Memphis rap scene and the OG black metal scene share a lot of similarities.
>Consisted of young artists in one geographic area who were all acquainted with one another
>Violent, moody atmosphere
>Grim lyrics that softened touched on topic of violence and the occult
>Grotty, lo-fi recording quality
>Part of each scene's image was acting as provocative as possible
>Each scene was massively influential in their respective genres even though neither had much mainstream appeal

Memphis Rap is actually the perfect comparison, I've never thought about it that way. You look at the og shit like Mystic Stylez and then you see how badly certain members sold out today while others are alright. Shagrath is basically the Juicy Jay of Black Metal because he put out some great shit early on, some ok stuff in the middle that was nothing without the other members, and then just fell to absolute sellout shit. Abbath is basically Gangsta Boo because he split with his main crew but still puts out good shit, even if it's not like the old stuff. Fenriz is basically Yelawolf because he usually fails to put anything out that isn't at least 7/10. Euronymous was basically Lord Infamous, and Frost was Tommy Wright II because reasons.

>violent moody atmosphere
I hope you mean musically, because Memphis rap was around a very hostile environment while Norway was a peaceful spot made hostile by these specific guys.

Also black metal is far more accessible than death metal, and at this point has far more mainstream appeal than most other extreme metal stuff due to its inclusion of non-metal aspects in the music.

The shit most of us call black metal isn't as much. When mainstream fuckwobs say they listen to black metal, they mean Mykur and miscellaneous TC Kind band with that guy with the mask and that other fuck, and whatever fake ass soundtrack is going to go with the new Dawn of the Black Hearts shit show.

Yeah working class and lower class people don't listen to your gay ass punk

man, 1990-94 bm was something else if you compare it to shitters like these

What a poser

Lol black metal is for white supremacists and D&D nerds that worship pagan G-ds. Theyre not hxc kids doing spin kicks you idiot.

Burzum has ambient bits, Ulver/Darkthrone had clean guitars, and if you look at the whole repetition over blasts to create a hypnotic feel thing of the genre, you realize that it's very heavily Techno/Synthpop/Trance influenced.

Except they kinda do, and the music personifies it. Metal's too pompous and grandiose to be that.

>no trends but our trends
Black metal in 2018 is a joke.

Well yeah, but you make it sound like the same kid who wears a Nirvana shirt but doesn't know who wrote Smells like Teen Spirit would just all of a sudden listen to Dunkelheit or Live in Leipzig.

>implying the hypocrisy of that statement couldn't be applied to Norwegian black metal as well
Lmao.
It's why I kept it to the extreme metal genres not neccesarily stuff normies would listen to. Won't take you long to find people here that only listen to black metal in terms of metal, it's also the most loved genre based on numerous genre polls done on /metal/ It's nowhere near as inaccessible unless it's like Deathspell Omega (well, them on any album besides Paracletus) or non metal fans hearing Blasphemy.

On the internet I suppose, in person there's more slam/grindcore/death metal/thrashers around where I live. Then there's the djent fucks. Finding a black metal fan who listens to anything that wasn't on Nuclear blast or man-bun-black is hard unless it's at a record shop or a show itself.

there's also the distribution of a lot of music on cassette tape. most of the major Norwegian releases all had vinyl and CDs, but the French scene for instance was pretty much entirely relegated to tapes.

A lot of us had diy CDrs or cassete demos recorded over old casettes bougth from thrift stores of our black metal demos the same way a lot of rapper make their demo tapes.

Black metal isn't really a live thing often though. While being about nature and shit it's actually pretty introverted relative to those genres.
Tape scenes isn't restricted to just black metal though.

That is understandable I guess, it's really when you get closer to NS stuff that it gets more lively, and it doesn't need to be full on shit like Thors Hammer, shit like Baise ma Hache, Satanic Warmaster, Autarcie, Diapsiquir, ect. has the more pumped hooligan feeling that makes it the kind of shit you want to be out on the streets listening to. Stuff like Taake, Dark Funeral, Nachtmystium can give you that feeling to, I've been out with friends roaming around to all of it.

No working class people listen to punk, punk is an old dead genre for angsty suburbanites. Granted they don't listen to black metal either, that's mostly hipsters

>Diapsiquir
I really like the aesthetics of this band even though their music is sometimes too all over the place for me to handle. It feels like wandering through some hellscape vision of Paris in a drug-induced haze.

Their split with KPN introduced me to them and I fell in love. They're the only bm band to mix hiphop and black metal and do it well, not to mention the ska/oi/reggee/whatever that sound is they have a lot of in 180.

Are you familiar with Kickback?

Never heard of them, listening to Fanger right now and it reminds me of a lot of 90s surfer/mushroom alternative, in a good way.

You might have the wrong band lol. They were a French hardcore band that "metallized" their sound over the years. Their final two albums feature Toxik from Diapsiquir on guitar, and Diap's bassist was with them for most of their run.
youtube.com/watch?v=4CNk-FEaaes

my bad, the band I found was The Kickback, from Chigago lol, but I big it, reminds me of pre-scene kid metalcore.

>pre-scene kid metalcore.
Yeah, that's basically what it is except with Toxik's BM influence. They were actually almost signed to Victory Records but their lyrics apparently pissed off the label and got them blacklisted.

>No working class people listen to punk,
Nigga I spend 12 hours in warehouses lifting boxes of liquor and listen to mostly punk, powerviolence, black metal and death metal.

Except black metallers all came from comfortable middle class backgrounds whereas gangsta rappers actually had difficult lives.

He looks like his stepdad Steve told him to finish his dinner.