Sup Forums‘s thoughts on this album?

Sup Forums‘s thoughts on this album?

Be honest, this isn’t reddit

okay its shit

It's fine.

Never heard it.

never listened to it and never will

Overrated but still 10/10
Sup Forums will tell you it's shit and say one of their worst albums (Animals) is better though

SO overrated, absolutely iconic cover art but it really isn’t that great of an album. It doesn’t accomplish its concept well enough. I don’t really think it has a running concept.
Some absolutely astonishing songs on it though.

Fucking great.
Animals is better tho.

Time is one of the greatest songs I’ve ever heard, along with Brain Damage. Lyrically, it’s flawlessly nihilistic but stops short of being straight edgy. It almost feels too progressive though. You have to be really into that kind of stuff to like the instrumentals on there. Still 10/10 based off of it having multiple masterpieces, but it’s not in GOAT contention.

it's fantastic, my favorite pink floyd album

pottery

Absolutely amazing, relistened to it today.
It's only my fourth favorite PF album, though (favorite being WYWH), and that tells you something about the band quality.

100% this

The worst good Pink Floyd album

Holy fuck is this album overrated. Its good, but nowhere near GOAT status. Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall, Piper, Meddle, and Obscured by Clouds are all better.

Imo, not the best Pink Floyd album but still it's a masterpiece.
I feel like it is overrated compared to what they did with Meddle or Wish You Were Here, but not compared to non-Pink Floyd music.
I'd place it in terms of listening pleasure next to Animals and Obscured by Clouds, after the two mentionned above.
But in terms of musical achievement it may be their best. So much production work

Anyway it's 10/10 album, even after listening it hundreds of times

Echoes as an EP would rank higher than Meddle. Stop comparing it to their other albums like it's top tier.

it is though, you bitch.

It's pretty good.
The Bends is better imho

Time and Money are phenomenal. Everything else falls flat.

I don't Money as much as other people here, but
>Us and Them
>Breathe
>Great Gig in the Sky

>I don't Money
*hate

Breathe and Great Gig bored me and Us and Them overstayed its welcome in my opinion.

>I don’t money

Animalfaggots are the morrowindcucks of Sup Forums

yea. yea you're right.

>brain damage falls flat

Ok, no

I feel like I liked it so much because of when I found it. I was around 12/13 and was getting cynical and bored with modern shit/life in general. Then I found this and connected with the themes, it kinda fed into the cynicism bit. Stayed a favorite of mine for all my high school years but I haven't listened to it in forever. It wouldn't be the same anymore, I'd rather just remember it fondly.

It is to me
Stop telling other what to do or think. Especially when the thread is about giving opinion

Lul agreed

I like Brain Damage and Eclipse, but only to a certain degree.

I will fight any mongoloid hipster who says Animals is better. Animals is boring and you now it.

Its a pretty enjoyable dadrock album that stands the test of time. Personally I still think my favorite is tied between Atom Heart Mother and Saucerful of Secrets
Horrible fucking taste

>time and money
well we know where your priorities are at, user.

Great but Greater when your high on shrooms. When you great gig in the sky it feels like you're being transported

Animals is better. Fucking fight me.

One of my top three favorite Floyd albums. A bit overrated, for sure, but it's such a cultural icon, what do you expect?

The use of space on this album is fantastic as David Gilmour and Rick Wright always seem to place the notes in the right places without being too flashy. The continuity on the record is great, and there isn't a bad song on the record. I give it a 9/10.

how could you expect anything except shitposting?
Sup Forums is infested with 15 and 16 yr olds
it's one of the great albums, and hugely significant in terms of influence.

brain dead

I love this album. Dearly. But the problem is that people judge the entirety of Pink Floyd based on this album and The Wall when they're so much more to that band to offer.

Syd Barrett's Floyd sounds like an entirely different band altogether.

Honestly? 6/10 sober, 8/10 high(on weed), and 10/10 on LSD. You really haven't heard what this has to say unless you trip to it. Otherwise its just average

It's not Pompeii which was Pink Floyd in top form, but it's a good album.

*ping*

Imagine what this album would be like with Syd instead of Dave

hey look at how alternative and musically informed i am

It wasn’t the bands fault that Syd was fucked up

You'd have to be a complete idiot to not know what the concept is.

i listened to dark side for the first time a few months ago and fell in love with it. meddle and wish you were were next for me and i love them as well. is animals really the best of all of these??

It's their 3rd best album
>The Wall
>Meddle
>Dark Side

its a great sounding album with a couple of forgettable bits and three or four incredibly brilliant songs, nice linking themes across the album lyrically and feels very complete, even if some lines here and there are a bit on the nose.

i do wish the bells and clocks at the start of time would fuck off, though.

Wtf animals is one of there worst albums
It has none of the appeal of Pink Floyd musically, maybe lyrically but still

>implying the wall is the best pink floyd album

okay album, 8/10, extremely overrated

DSOTM just plain sucks, and Pink Floyd should've broken up after Obscured by Clouds.

some really good songs like time and brain damage, an iconic album in rock music hailed as legendary by fans and critics
>8/10, their fifth best