Just realized this is the best punk album of all time

just realized this is the best punk album of all time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=098IhhIOJeY
youtube.com/watch?v=YUdDIWcVBjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It isn't, though, by a long shot

actually it is

do you actually understand the word "punk" ???

this is punk

Post-Punk*

Nah, a couple top tier songs but inconsistent as an album.

Only tryhard pseuds think this is the best punk album.

Unknown Pleasures, Script of the Bridge, etc.

unknown pleasures isn’t punk dipshit

This. Ex-Lion Tamer, Lowdown, 1 2 X U are classics, but there are songs I don't mind skipping to get to them

I don't know about best Punk album period, but Guitar Romantic is the best pop punk album of all time

How come?

Neither is anything by Wire, lmao

this is blogger logic
rymer type dudes wanna split hairs regarding genre tags when all these bands were in the same punk scene

it’s mostly punk, the songs are short and it’s pretty much all guitar music with pretty standard punk chord progressions

non arguments

they were from the punk scene drawing inspiration from punk bands, they are punk
stop ignoring the actual meaning of the things you read

Did you read OP correctly? that's post-punk

I used to kind of think this but i think its honestly the best examples of punk music up and down
guitar romantic is a good album but ultimately its not that memorable and doesn't really stand out against its peers imo

exactly

yeah dude there is a fully formed song on here that is 28 seconds long saying this isn't a punk album is insane

soy opinion

not an argument

i bet you think suicide is no wave lmao

no wave isn't even a style of music

yet there’s enough bands that have a similar sound to warrant calling them no wave

mutant disco was big in new york at the same time but they don’t call that no wave

this is the brainlet response

it’s a play on new wave which very obviously is a genre of music, sure there were visual artists and shit involved but what else would you call those bands

>everyone in this thread saying this album is overly artsy psuedo intellectual sacred cow bullshit/isn't punk

its obvious people are out smarting themselves and overlooking that this album has songs about doing math equations in your head so that you don't premature ejaculate and that the two most popular songs on the album are very simple statements about the paralysis of watching tv and people who are very attractive but not at all interesting

>songs about doing math equations in your head so that you don't premature ejaculate
which one is this

*blocks your path*

they were just largely unassociated experimental bands that were categorized by journalists

you've been tricked, they dont sound similar

three girl rhumba

it’s as much of a genre as post-punk or post-rock, dumb pseud

the Connection is made

>unassociated
>literally all from new york
fuck off your bait is garbage

never thought of it like that

ex lion tamer is easily top 5 punk tracks of all time

If I jack off to 12XU am I a gay?

what did you think it was before? I'm like 90% sure thats what its about but I think theres a small chance its like a proto straight edge song about not having excessive ammounts of sex or not making meaningful relationships. i think its the last few lines that might suggest that but i think im reading too much into it

I never really thought too hard, I just always thought they were pretty vague

>be op
>be drink soy sauce
Lmao

you arent going to understand this album or some of the subjects discussed on it if you dont have high t so fuck off

Yes, it can be considered punk but its so non representative of the genre in general only someone who doesn't really love punk would say its the best punk album.
(Funny, first time I've typed this out re: Pink Flag, usually its Double Nickels... that earns this response)

Great album, great band, but a little too metal dontcha think?

That doesn't look like Raw Power to me, pal

>ts so non representative of the genre in general
can you explain

inb4 someone splits hair about proto punk

>yfw punk peaked before it even started

The lyrics have some similarities to Venom, but the Metal comparisons end there.

man wu tang clan is my favorite no wave band

yeah mine too

Wire are great, but there can only be one

It doesn't sound like stereotypical punk at all. Of course the best album in a genre isn't going to be the most paint by numbers, generic, lowest common denominator offering, but its got to have the hallmark sound of the genre, or else it leads me to believe that the person who picks it over all the great unarguably punk (or whatever) albums doesn't really like that sound.

My pick for best punk album would be Damned Damned Damned or perhaps X - Los Angeles or maybe The Clash's first, or Dwarves - Blood Guts & Pussy for a personal favorite

And with punk, the music is tied so strongly to the culture / lifestyle / fashion / attitude (however you want to call it) it matters whether you figure that into your 'best' punk album. To me, it shouldn't be considered the best punk album unless its by a band that would be painted / patched onto someone's leather jacket or crust pants.

Out of my way soys

>continued from
>and actually typed out before this predictable specimen arrived
Sup Forums in particular is full of people who enjoy punk music to some degree, but very few punks. Very very few real punks (the ones actually part of a scene, or being the one kid with a mohawk and a studded leather in their small town, or the old reformed 'used to have a mohawk' middle aged 'sell outs' - like yours truly) are going to list Wire or Minutemen or Television or Death (don't get me started about the pretentious clueless twats that claim Death, Velvet Underground, Stooges or any number of 60s garage bands wwere'punk', let alone best punk ) as the best punk artist, no matter how much they enjoy them. They simply aren't punk" enough.

Again, I guess it comes down to whether you view the music solely or take everything else into account - as someone who was punk back in pre hot topic days, when a mohawk or blue hair was an invitation to getting jumped - even by metal kids! - when there was a sense of community in that any small town you found yourself in, you'd have an instant comraderie with any other punk kid you ran into... It isn't just about the music to me, there's a lot more to it - but probably impossible to define objectively exactly what... That fabled 'authenticity' or street cred and not being a sell out or poser are key considerations when ranking anything punk

This was the most disgusting post I've seen all day and you should be ashamed

It's embarrassing, but I don't get Pink Flag by Wire

>stupid american wannabe miss-the-point bullshit five or six years after the ship already sailed in 1976 is '''punk'''

Maybe if my teen years hadn't consisted of a steady stream of ostracization and abuse from most of my peers for being punk I'd still feel shame over someone else's opinion.

Or maybe Id reach the maturity and confidence to not feel shame over an anonymous post on a Albanian trolling forum through other means- I certainly hope so

don't be embarrassed its ok to not like or "get" very critically acclaimed albums. i've always liked this album but recently i developed a new appreciation for it. The first few times I thought it was really boring and bland but part of why i like it so much now is because of the simplicity on all levels. its pretty amazing theres 20 songs in 35 mins

shorter songs are generally better than long songs. there are a lot of bands that would stretch the 28 seconds worth of ideas on field day for the sundays" into a 4 minute song maybe with some shitty instrumental bridge

>best punk album of all time
Pink Flag is not even the best English punk album of all time.

good but not as good as pic related

this sort of meathead punk shallowness existed back in the 80s. the minutemen talk a lot about it, how "punks" of the scene hated them because they didn't have mohawks and any of that shit, and they played something that wasn't just powerchords.

punk means different things to different people (the worst meaning imo being the mohawks and leather jackets. gross. i live in the bay area and those berkeley gilman kids are among the most idiotic people i've ever met)

The best punk albums are compilations

Gilman Street had some great bands late 80s but the whole elitism was and is fucking sad.

>Gilman Street had some great bands late 80s
No

MTX

It's the Clash s/t original UK version for me jeff

is this the apex of punk music
youtube.com/watch?v=098IhhIOJeY

Holy fuck no one cares you autist.

>the Clash
Commie kike fucks

Best? Not really.
Prolific? Definitely!
In my top ten of favorite punk albums from the 77 era? YOU BET!

Post-hardcore

not true at all, listen to 12XU again faggot

Not only does Pink Flag trump All Skrewed Up any day of the week, that's not even Skrewdriver's best album! And I'm not saying that just because I don't agree with Skrewdriver's politics either.

Pink Flag>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All Skrewed Up

>And there isn't even a tint of racism on that particular album, either.

pink flag came out in 1977 you stupid cunt

yea post-hardcore punk

Punk is inherently bad music made for conformists trying to pose as non-conformists.

>>And there isn't even a tint of racism on that particular album, either.
Oh, thanks for letting me know. I've been listening to it for decades and I thought it was lyrically 1488.
You fucking stupid cunt.

Ooof, I disagree, but I don't care about being perceived as a "real punk". I'm part of a scene in a major city, play shows, release records, etc. and I don't think i've ever heard anyone talk about being "punk" or street cred or anything like that at any shows I've been to in recent years, only online. I really like the music and I'd say electric eels and Screamers are best punk and I'd list VU, Stooges, Wire as good too, mohawks or not.

youtube.com/watch?v=YUdDIWcVBjg

it;s not conformism at all
FUCK OFF
*stick tongue out at you*
*goes on to play a great show and get fucked up*

What's the matter?
Did I hurt your little feelings by saying that Pink Flag is better than All Skrewed Up?

I don't apologize for holding that opinion, and by sticking to it.

And did it ever occur to you that maybe I wasn't addressing you but all the other little SJW shit posters who automatically see a Skrewdriver album, and automatically assume it's going to full of racist rhetoric?

Chances are I'm old enough to be your grandfather and have been listening to punk while you were a tad pole swimming around in your daddy's nut sack, and that even includes Skrewdriver!

I don't want this thread to turn into another political debate that belongs on Sup Forums and was merely pointing out that not all Skrewdriver songs are racist, and that this is the only album that has no racism on it, unlike other albums that would be openly racist!

I hope that clears things up for you, and if it doesn't you're a pleb and you should just fuck off!

raaaaaaaaaaaape

Shut the fuck up soyboy, wire are a band for fucking faggots. Skrewdriver is the manliest and greatest punk ever, fuck all that other shit, only real punks listened to them and I know it, don't know about you. Leftist kike scum like you are fodder for my cock. Bow to me!

Look out, people!
We got a shit poster, er ah, I mean a troll, oops, I mean a bad ass posting here!

best punk album is obviously the modern dance, stop being plebs

>Chances are I'm old enough to be your grandfather and have been listening to punk while you were a tad pole
I played shows with Skrewdriver in the early 80s.
You would have gotten your Jewish skull opened if you'd even shown your nose.

What makes you think I'm Jewish?
How do you know that I'm not alt-right?

What makes you think that I'm not NF or EDL?

What band were you in? I happen to be a bit keen on RAC Oi! and I might even own one of your albums.

Care to talk or just shit post?

>invents melodic hardcore
>invents quiet-loud dynamics
>actually knew how to write songs
>shaped the sound of alternative rock
>insane work ethic (5 albums in 3 years while touring extensively)
They were the best