Magnificent Seven

Thoughts? Just watched this yesterday. I enjoyed it well enough but I'm curious how everyone else felt.

Hawke and D'Onofrio were the standout performances in my opinion. And I like Chris Pratt but he couldn't seem to decide whether or not he wanted to do an accent.

Pratt acted too modern and his accent was slipping

the guys were great
but the points where it lacked was the build-up and the logic of fight
i actually cheered in the theater when they pulled out the small map of the town at the start, sadly it never showed up again
in samurai, they explained the dimensions of the fight, in every scene when a good guy died, you knew where he died, what position he was holding and how close the town is to being defeated
in magnificent, they just run thought the town and start shooting,the red barn and the church were the only things recognizable making every shootout that didnt involve the big guys lack the tension of the original

>i actually cheered in the theater when they pulled out the small map of the town at the start,
You cheered at a map? I wonder how the other people in the theater felt.

That was actually my problem too. I zoned out a bit during some of the action because I couldn't really tell what was going on. I felt like there was no real point to the mountain man's death.

I somehow haven't seen Seven Samurai yet but your description motivates me to want to watch it. So I will.

me and my mates marathoned about 10 minutes but got bored before the first talking scene even ended

load of shite if you ask me

great post. this is too common with a lot of action movies nowadays, there's no effort put into establishing the geography or rhythm in a sequence

it was pure fun

Is this the anti white one? Can you recommend more anti white kino?

>marathoned about 10 minutes
Haha what the fuck? Do you know what a marathon is?

Rogue One is also pretty good.

>Hawke and D'Onofrio were the standout performances in my opinion. And I like Chris Pratt

You're only saying that because they're white and you're white so you feel a racial kinship to them.

D'Onofrio's Italian, that's not white at all. And I play the brown characters all the time in Overwatch, don't act like you know me.

when you partake in the observation of a form of media, usually moving image, however little or long

I'm not into star trek what makes it antiwhite?

Wrong. Marathon is used to refer to an extended activity - hence why the original use of marathon is for a race that lasts over 25 miles.

A marathon isn't 10 minutes. It's 10 hours.

Stop baiting nigga

They cast a bunch of non-white actors as the rebels and the bad guys are nothing but posh white guys. One of the writers of Rogue One was also quoted as calling the Empire a "white supremacist organization" on Twitter.

I'm going to assume you responded to the wrong post.

I have a few minutes before dinner what should I marathon?

Marathon Man.

Anyone know that one guy?

awful remake that plays on the whole diversity bullshit in Hollywood.

Why don't you watch Seven Samurai or the original Magnificent Seven?

is the original magnificent seven better than samurai?

>25 mile race
>1 hours

Wanna know how I know you're an American?

Every movie that dares to cast more than a buncha white guys is going to get accused of this from now on, huh?

Don't know.

A man's average running speed is one mile per hour. If you did 25 in 10 your name is Barry West.

imo it isn't but it's still worth a watch

When every director/producer/actor in it claims it is, then yes.

it was shit