What are y'all getting for Record Store Day this year?

What are y'all getting for Record Store Day this year?

>s3.amazonaws.com/recordstoreday/2018/2018_RSD_PUBLIC.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

bullmoose.com/c/13835
discogs.com/sell/release/10167796?ev=rb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm gonna blindfold myself and spin 7 and A half times and buy the first 10 records I can grab.

I'm planning to pick up some limited edition colored vinyl of some bands I otherwise wouldn't care about.

>overpriced trash day
no thanks

Everything on that list is shit besides superchunk

It's been a few years since I've gone to RSD but this list ain't bad. I'm looking at:

>Cam'ron - Purple Haze
>Car Seat Headrest - Twin Fantasy
>Brian Eno & Kevin Shields- The Weight of History + Only Once Away
>Fleet Foxes - Crack Up 7"
>The National - Boxer Live
>Nas - Illmatic Live
>Sufjan Stevens - Mystery of Love EP
>Swans - Die Tür ist zu

gonna snag die tur ist zu and that merzbow/moore/pandi/gustafsson if I can

oh hey that Tom Waits triple album is getting a release that's cool, can't wait to ge-

>each part of the album is released separately for $30+

vinyl is stupid anyways

Haven't checked the full list but I'm thinking

>Swans - Die Tür ist zu
>Eno and Shields EP
>Wipers Live
>Maybe some Sun Ra

Die Tür ist zu

the only good album there is madonna's debut and it's on a picture disc holy SHIT

All I want is the mono Piper at the gates of dawn.

>tfw this is the only thing that everyone will probably want and all this other shit is going to clutter my local record store for the next year.

Piper and Die Tür ist zu

Hoping they press a lot of Die Tür ist zu copies.
May snag Piper

The Residents - The Warner Bros album

I'm going to shoot for Twin Fantasy and I'll buy Mac Demarco's demos on ebay after scalpers lower the prices.

>Adam Sandler - They're All Gonna Laugh At You
>3325 copies
>They actually think someone is gonna buy that

Looks to be 2500 copies for that Swans album. Since it's a pretty obscure release in the discography of a pretty obscure band (compared to some of the bigger artists on that list) I don't think it'll be TOO difficult to snag a copy

>no dischord records vinyls

not interested

I almost always buy used vinyl, so this is not really of my concern. Besides, good-quality used vinyl can be more valuable than reissues with many releases.

thats on my list

RSD is the only time of year I buy new, sealed records. Just because they're so valuable I can flip them for 3x what I paid if I decide I don't want it. Depends on what you get though, just getting a shitty reissue of a classic album you can find in any thrift store won't be worth shit.

Imagine a reissue of Tijuana Brass albums...

Yeah there were a good number of copies when the S/T dropped on RSD a couple years back so I'm hopeful.

Based

Twin Fantasy (2011)
Sufjan Stevens - Mystery of Love EP
Jamie Stewart - An Aggressive, Chain-Smoking Alcoholic

the rest is a waste of vinyl desu

>B-52'S - Rock N' Rockets, Live
>Car Seat Headrest - Twin Fantasy (Mirror To Mirror)
>Celtic Frost - Tragic Serenades
>The Cure - Mixed Up and Torn Down
>Living Colour - Live at CBGB's 12.19.89
>Pink Floyd - Piper At The Gates of Dawn (Mono)
>Rage Against The Machine - Live At The Democratic National Convention 2000
>Run The Jewels - Stay Gold Collectors Edition
>Swans - Die Tür ist zu

Rip my wallet

>implying superchunk isn't shit

the FIDLAR picture disc looks sexy as hell

Annoyed that Record Stores in the US aren't getting Come Away With ESG and the Vaselines debut

Hey guys, it looks like Bullmoose has (almost?) all the RSD titles up on their site. Not for purchase obviously, but if you're looking for more in-depth info about titles like price, vinyl color, pressing info, extra goodies, etc. check it out

bullmoose.com/c/13835

Only thing I'm interested is the swans die tür ist zu. I'm fucking dumb and there is 2500 copies.

How do I get a copy? Do I go to my local record store and request the LP ? or do I wait until April 21st and buy on the store.

I wouldn't be surprised if some stores out there have it so their customers can make requests, but for the vast majority of stores, they just order as much stock as they can get and that's that. So you'll have to wait till the 21st to see what they have, and then hopefully get there early enough to snag a copy. 2500 isn't really THAT limited for an EP from a relatively underground band so even if your local store doesn't have it, chances are it'll be up on Discogs within a month or so

I honestly don't care.

Thanks for coming.

fuck that floyd's gonna be impossible to get isn't it

Deffo the original Twin Fantasy. I wasn't too hot on the rerecording

back in black

Wow. Their Satanic Majesties Request is the one single good thing on there and it’s been available on vinyl for 50 years now. This is a horrible list. Pete Krebs? Fucking Whitesnake? Disturbed? ICP? Mac Demarco? Live rap albums? Next year they’ll be putting out post-1996 Swans records for RSD. Fuck out of here. Glad to say I’ve only bought on single record in almost 3 years.

They should just rename it Record Scalpers Day. It's a joke.

What's wrong with live rap albums?

Have you seen rap live?

The genre doesn't translate well live. I mean, has there ever even been an iconic live rap album? Not counting ones mixed with rock.

Basically this but with the swans release and the black moth super rainbow 7 inch

How does RSD work? Will the store near me be garunteed to have at least one of all of these?

>crack up
>eno and shields
these
>Piper
this

also the new anniversary Folsom Prison and the Wynton Marsalis record

That Nas Illmatic live album is great though. He's performing with a full symphony, and doing the album front to back. I watched the performance on PBS and he sounds great, not like those rappers who scream their lyrics and/or only sing half of each bar.

Nah, not guaranteed. Basically stores will try to order as much inventory as possible, but since there are hundreds of stores participating, the RSD committee can only send a certain amount of stuff each store. Which item are you looking at? I'd say unless your local record store is a dinky shack it's likely to get at least 1 copy of everything except the super limited/regional-only runs

What's your favorite record you've bought on RSDs past? Mine is pic related. Best Anco release since Feels

the only thing that sounds cool is Mac Demarco covering Beat Happening

>Having an opinion = Sup Forums
Fuck off.

Last year was my first time, but I really liked Ancos release as well, and pic related is so fucking killer

t. reddit

Oi vey, please buy all the newest RSDtm releases at your local record store.

daddy taught me not to be ashamed of my record collection, specially because its such good size and all

>tfw I didnt score the feldmen single last RSD
i fudged up

I wasn't able to get my hands on this

>discogs.com/sell/release/10167796?ev=rb
its breddy cheap for a mint copy breh

>My record got pushed back because of major labels pressing up hundreds of thousands of copies of horseshit and clogging up plants
>work in record store
>get first dibs & get to flip said bullshit for revenge

Fuck rsd

fuck off

>Hopefully
CSH - Twin Fantasy (MtM)
BMSR - Whatever the 7" they're releasing is

>Maybe
Swans
Sufjan

>Probably not but still in mind
Pink Floyd - Piper

>eno
>parquet courts
>swans
>coleman

maybe twin fantasy idk probably not tho

The lil uzi ones desu

Daily reminder there is nothing wrong with flipping RSD records for profit. You're still supporting the record store and you're helping a hardcore fan that wasn't fortunate enough to take the time off work to buy records but is willing to pay extra for it on ebay.

I just picked up face to face less than a week ago so I was mad to see that mirror to mirror was on here

i would wait in line overnight for that Twin Fantasy pressing

i'll probably pick up fleet foxes, sufjan, and the national too if i can

but...he announced that this was happening months ago

CSH, Merzbow, Swans, Jamie Stewart

>buying newly pressed vinyl
I'll save my money for other useless trash thank you very much

Is the swans die tur ist zu release exclusive to north america? :((

>Grateful Dead - Fillmore West, San Francisco (CA), 4xLP

Sheeeiiit

flume - flume would be nice

Is RSD in Ontario Canada as well?

Not one persone itt wants some ramones. Sad. I'm really excited they're releasing stuff