Praises an album like it's the second coming of Christ

>praises an album like it's the second coming of Christ
>gives it a 6.5/10

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20020614043750/http://www.scaruffi.com:80/vol4/talktalk.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>review is a sentence long
>8/10

>ranks all hip hop albums ever
>albums he gave lower scores to are ranked higher than albums with higher scores

>review of an album is a sentence long
>9/10

are we talking about Kid A?

No, Strawberry Jam

>The album Tweez (Jennifer Hartman, 1989) is one of the most revolutionary works in rock history.
>7/10
What did he mean by this?

>Unwound's second album, a Drive Like Jehu-esque post-hardcore release with some interesting ideas here and there but nothing too spectacular
>8/10
>The fucking magnum opus of a swan song known as Leaves Turn Inside You, which blends swarthes of instruments with genres as diverse as shoegaze and hardcore punk
>7/10

>This is an imposing, awe-inspiring achievement.
>7/10

He writes about MBDTF like it should be an 8

>spiciest part of review is left untranslated

>Chance the Rapper - Acid Rap
>7
>Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
>7

which album is this?

>>Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
i'm pretty sure he edited the scores to be lower

Although less impressive, White Light White Heat (1967) contains Sister Ray, which probably remains the ultimate, definitive masterpiece of rock music, an epic piece that rivals Beethoven's symphonies and John Coltrane's metaphysical improvisations.

S______ o_ m_ d___d____

web.archive.org/web/20020614043750/http://www.scaruffi.com:80/vol4/talktalk.html
Plenty of his 9's don't even have any english translation, such as Diamanda Galas, Meredith Monk. Also Works by Steve Reich.
> Works: 1965-1995 (Nonesuch, 1997) is a ten-disc retrospective box-set

this right here is the definition of being #based

Hey guys, I'm starting to think English isn't his first language...

Wtf? Why did he change Laughing Stocks score? Is he that much of a contrarian?

you ain't seen nothing yet... like the old talking heads scores

Spoonfeed me please, I need this information to feed my bias against Scaruffi

Holy fuck he's worse than Fantano, how does he justify dropping buildings and food that much lower?? A 9 for this Italian fuck is absolute legend tier and he just casually switches to 7.5?? What a hack

Who cares dude is just music

But Scaruffi claims to be an intellectual, for gods sake the man says that the critic is the real artist, he's a twat

He says so himself. The first reviews he did were in the nineties. He changes it based on how he perceives the influence to be valid with time. He took the Smiths off his overrated artists list for the same reason