On Sup Forums everyone claims to have depression, ADHD, autism, aspergers, OCD, schizophrenia, depression, epilepsy...

>On Sup Forums everyone claims to have depression, ADHD, autism, aspergers, OCD, schizophrenia, depression, epilepsy, ADD, down syndrome, bipolar disorder

Do you people actually have these mental disorders or do you just diagnose them yourselves? Somewhat skeptical that everyone here has every single mental illness outlined in the DSM. Very peculiar.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wm6FpvcOvC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mental illness is more common than you think
i'd go so far to say that it's actually the norm

selection bias, this mongolian finger painting fansite attracts people with mental diseases.

The whole 'autism' shit here on Sup Forums is just a meme. It's a long lasting and funny insult that's been used since the old days of Sup Forums. It's just a joke that everyone is in on, no one here on this site is actually diagnosed with autism

But is that true or is it just overdiagnosis? Feels like every single person has PTSD or anxiety these days

I bet I could go to a doctor and get diagnosed with depression and ADHD easily. Is it even possible to empirically confirm/deny depression or ADHD?

I only have Depression. Honestly thought it was me making shit up for the first year or so, but it kept getting worse despite all the positive changes, and now I can't deny it.

it started around 2011-2012 iirc

I was diagnosed by a medical professional.

im clinically retarded, got my iq test back this month and its actually below 80

Not saying everyone is suffering at the same time but I think that the majority of people experience some type of mental illness at some point in their life,even excluding old-age disease like dementia and Alzheimers.

The brain is so complex there are a lot of things that can go wrong with it, so to me it makes sense that a lot of people are bonkers.

What tests did they run?

If I go to a medical professional and claim I have trouble focusing, I Google symptoms of ADHD and paraphrase them... can I get diagnosed?

Then if I go to another medical professional and claim im depressed and want to kill myself can I get diagnosed as well?

Then a third medical professional where I claim I get so anxious I cant leave my house or whatever shit r9k makes up can I get diagnosed? How can they possibly prove me wrong?

i'm diagnosed with aspergers and was just released from a mental hospital last month

Have you ever met one? Some of them are almost ""normal"".
I would not be so sure, but I believe people mistake total lack of social skills with autism.

Do you have a normal sexuality? Are you like this fellow on the video?

youtube.com/watch?v=wm6FpvcOvC8

Makes sense. Let's prescribe psychoactive drugs to everyone at will, whether they may or may not have these illnesses.

I was professionally diagnosed. I stopped taking my meds since my new workplace healthcare package doesn't cover it anymore, though.

Fortunately, all that means is I'll never be able to maintain a social life, which I was shit at anyway! Take that, big pharma!

Why would aspergers require hospitalization?

>What tests did they run?
It was a while ago (I was only in 10th grade last time they did it) but from what I remember the psychiatrist asked me a bunch of questions and had me do physical/hand eye coordination test like walk in a straight line with my feet in a ball and do some puzzles.

why wouldnt you want your brain, a complex machine, to run effectively??

have pretty bad depression too, autism and that often go hand in hand.
drugged up and doing quite a bit better now though.

Idk, im not exactly sure psychoactive drugs on a developing brain are 100% safe. Seems a little dangerous.

actually pretty sure there's a disproportionate number here

t. high functioning

im 36 kid
get off this site you rug rat its big boy time

I hope this is true lmao. The thought of a grown adult posting on Sup Forums next to underaged kid anime posters is hilarious

eh, I've been taking adhd meds for a few years. It doesn't fuck me up and i'm not addicted but oftentimes when it wares off I feel irritable and anxious.

Leo Messi is autistic lads, autism is not what people believes, there are many types and levels.

most normal people don't bother with this site

On r9k it's synonymous with being a NEET

It's all cope, I've finally realized that I'm just an ugly, bitter and boring person.

I have depression. Diagnosed by a psychiatrist.
I have to take a bunch of meds.
I hate them, they make me sluggish and just feeling like crap.
Also, they take away my libido, so I can't masturbate :/

I thought the autism thing started because of Chris-chan

but you can take it up your ass anyway, can't you?

Doctors overdiagnose so they can sell their pills

Makes his asshole clinch like hard cement too.

Yes. I mean, why wouldn't I?

I'm just a good old fashioned alcoholic, I guess we feel a need a to justify why we are here

I actually went to the hospital twice to get it tested on the advice of two consecutive therapists. Heh.

But then again, their diagnosis was that I don't have it.