What Happens Here

What Happens Here?

There's no internet access there so you wont get an answer

RIP

>most
Flat expanses of nothing but farm
>some
Rockies and woods

Alberta's awesome. Dunno how anyone lives very far east of the foothills though.

What happens here
[spoiler] stays here

endless fields of rape
worlds biggest oil mine
really bad native reservations north of the tree line
second biggest uranium reserves

Piss on that, I want to know what happens in Nunavut and Yukon and the Northwest Territories.

High dropouts bitch about downturns in the economy and blame other people, natives die everywhere, rape farms, immigration is fixing once thought of dead cities like Winnipeg and Saskatoon.

weak bait teebeehaytch

>Alberta's awesome
Easily the worst of the three provinces shown. Total cultural cuckolds.

Maybe there's oil. There's plenty of minerals and gemstones like diamond. It's mostly like my pic related and any resource can't be extracted due to all the water. You can't build anything stable for the same reason+permafrost.

Basically, it's waterlogged to the point that even if there's valuable shit there it'll never ever be explored let alone extracted.

It's true though.

i genuinly don't know. Farms and oil according to the news
Pipe lines above ground. Always covered in snow. Lots alcoholism but there is a very nice arts culture there. Don't be white

>Don't be white
Why, what happens if you're white?

Isn't it weird to Canadians that the northern half of their country is practically uninhabitable?

It certainly seems like it would be strange to think about. Kinda like it's beyond the wall, in Game of Thrones.

Natives generally don't like whites due to land stealing though it's more of an older generation thing. Forgot to mention everything is crazy expensive ($20 for cereal). Most places are very isolated and don't have connecting roads. Going to the movies is a huge deal since you have to drive out very far unless you live in Iqaluit or Yellowknife or whatever

90% nothing and 10% wannabe Americans.

>Iqaluit or Yellowknife
What are these places like?

Easily the best of the 3 provinces shown. Top 2 imho, BC being my favourite.

You could give us AK, WA, OR and CA if you want to make it right.

Hippies trying to sabatoge oil pipelines
Natives getting run over
Mosquitoes everywhere in summer
Cozy -30 icefishing in winter
Rockies are filled with chink tourists

From left to right:
Canada's Texas
Canada's Kansas/Nebraska
A depressing shithole

and the other provinces?

seconded

I guess, not like many go far north of the border anyway.

Why is manitoba depressing?

Dunno about Yellowknife but it gets surprisingly warm in the summer
Iqaluit is like how I explained earlier. Pipelines above ground due to permafrost. Very bleak due to all the snow. There is an arts culture that schools push and lots of bigger buildings are filled with art (statues inside and buildings are painted on the outside with traditional styles. Small communities so you'll probably grow up alongside half the town.
That far north is a mystery to most Canadians really. The Canadian Shield in Ontario is pretty much uninhabited. Basically anything outside of the big cities and it's surrounding suburbs are very small and isolated. Lots and lots of nature here

WA here. I'd probably be cool with this but I'm concerned that you guys might shitpost as badly IRL as you do on Sup Forums.

We don't irl

Cascadia would be awesome though.

>The Canadian Shield in Ontario
What is this?

Rock formation, used to be a gigantic mountain range at the beginning of the paleozoic.
It's all rosey red and black with quartz and stuff. Metamorphic and makes it difficult for non-acidic stuff to grow.

>literally where the earth cooled first.

The Canadian Shield, also called the Laurentian Plateau, or Bouclier canadien, is a large area of exposed Precambrian igneous and high-grade metamorphic rocks that forms the ancient geological core of the North American continent.

That sounds cool as shit. And it's fucking huge!

probably weirder for them that the US wraps around them with alaska. wonder if canadians feel encircled or safer with a US buffer against russia

Trees and rocks man. When you're driving north, they have to blast it away for the road so there's all this exposed rock with trees everywhere and a road going through in Ontario.
You want really cool, drive to Tofino on Vancouver Island from Victoria via Nanaimo. That's an awesome drive.

Winnipeg is actually a great city despite the weather and that native ghetto north of downtown. Everyone thought I was crazy when I moved out here but I like it. Great nightlife, restaurants, strong economy, and it has professional sports (although I will never support the Jets or the Blue Bombers, I only go to games when Toronto teams are in town.)

Is west Ontario just an extension of Manitoba or what?

Then when you get there, you can check out the beach (bring your dry suit), surfing and hike the rain forest.

You mean Winterpeg

It's referred to as Northern Ontario, and yeah it has much more in common with Manitoba than it does with Southern Ontario

is this the new /RAPE/ general thread?

ANNEXATION OF KENORA NOW

That's clearly Montreal

The buildings and trees are typical of Montreal, and on the "no parking", it's hard to read but it seems to say "mardi", which means "Tuesday".

POSTAGE STAMP PROVINCE

if it were habitable it wouldn't be canadian

there's people that live in northern ontario though
sudbury, the sault, thunder bay

only other city in manitoba is brandon

Is Canada like the US where the west is far superior to the east?

This is as far north as you're going to get in Ontario by road

Yup

somewhat

canada doesn't have an eastern seaboard, atlantic canada is small and poor
great lakes/rustbelt is where people and power is concentrated
then there's nothing for 1000 miles to the west where western canada starts

western canada is mostly farming and the asian real estate scam of vancouver

Have you ever been to Winnipeg?

I think the frost is clouding your vision

What would it take you to live here for a year?

Food, water, internet

Can't remember, been to saskitoon though.
I wouldn't base the entirety of ontario off toronto

you know what i mean!

Oh, and coffee. Yeah, that would be enough.

To keep you ALERT?

Where do you plan on buying coffee in Alert?

It's tasty.
No clue. Is it really hard to obtain?

It's literally just a research station located on an island that makes it the most northernmost settlement in the world. Which it would make it fairly difficult to obtain coffee

military would probably have a bunch of coffee there
navy guy told me you get a medal if you go there, they're really lax on discipline too

Oh. I'd just buy in bulk before I leave, then. It might be fun just to make threads here to show it.
Why a medal? Is it really that difficult?

I would have no idea. Just thinking about Winnipeg makes me nervous
I wonder if they have internet there

it's a station at 82 degrees north, 600 miles from the north pole, one six month long day, one six month long night

satellite, get to skype family but no media

Farming, drilling for oil, football, bitching about Quebec, etc.

>BC
bunch of pot heads, environmentalists, and Asians, so i guess California
>Ontario
Our New York since it's what everyone imagines when they think of our country, plus everyone in Ontario thinks they're better than the rest of Canada (and this is coming from an Ontarian)
>Quebec
Louisiana, since they both used to be French colonies and have civil law systems
>Newfoundland and Labrador
New England
>Nova Scotia
Maine
>PEI
Wyoming, since they're both small and irrelevant
>New Brunswick
IDK

Based on that, only BC and ON look like some relevant parts.

>bunch of pot heads, environmentalists, and Asians, so i guess California
bunch of pot heads, environmentalists, and Asians, so i guess California without the excess

what happens in labrador?

it sounds like a place name in lord of the rings

it's a cold and inhospitable patch of land filled with wilderness and very few towns, so not a lot happens there except for drinking, hunting and fishing

>fishing
and not a lot of that anymore, so drinking and unemployment is popular.

Say that to my face fucker
Not online but irl