Heroin use at 20-year high in U.S. drug 'epidemic', U.N. says

>A heroin "epidemic" is gripping the United States, where cheap supply has helped push the number of users to a 20-year high, increasing drug-related deaths, the United Nations said on Thursday.
>According to the U.N.'s World Drug Report 2016, the number of heroin users in the United States reached around one million in 2014, almost three times as many as in 2003. Heroin-related deaths there have increased five-fold since 2000.
>"There is really a huge epidemic (of) heroin in the U.S.," said Angela Me, the chief researcher for the report which was released on Thursday.
>"It is the highest definitely in the last 20 years," Me said, adding that the trend was continuing.
>The rise could be linked to U.S. legislation introduced in recent years which makes it harder to abuse prescription opioids such as oxicodone, a powerful painkiller that can have similar effects to heroin, Me said.
>"This has caused a partial shift from the misuse of these prescription opioids to heroin."
reuters.com/article/us-drugs-usa-heroin-idUSKCN0Z90UX

The pharmaceutical jew is going to kill us all.

Other urls found in this thread:

drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/relationship-between-prescription-drug-heroin-abuse/heroin-use-rare-in-prescription-drug-users
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just kill them

I will kill myself by heroin and benzo overdose soon.

let the junkies kill themselves off, it will improve the gene pool

It's imported by Chinese organized crime. The Chinese are on a full scale effort to destabilize the US. This is just one of many strategies.

BUILD THE WALL

>corrupt pharmaceutical industry forces pain killers onto people
>they slowly become addicted and need more and more
>turn to heroin, become addicted
>die of an OD or live your life as a pariah to everyone

>weed is a painkiller but not nearly as addicting
>illegal in 48 states, medically accepted in several
>not even half as addicting as painkillers
>"DUDE WEED LMAO"

leave the un

That's sad. I've heard that pharmaceutical companies are partly at fault, given they downplayed the addictiveness of certain opioids. What I've wondered about the most is, who is flooding the nation with so much heroin? I read somewhere that in some cities the black market prices for heroin are even cheaper than cigarettes.

THAT'S A PANDEMIC

Heroine? Did we go back in time to the 70s?

Afghanistan and Pakistan are the worlds leading producers and traffickers of heroin and the Chinese are flooding the streets with fentanyl.

no its not you retard

>give dr kick backs to get Americans addicted to oxi
>take over the Middle East to grow opium
>"uh oh guize, oxi is dangerous"
>oxi users gravitate to heroin which is now cheaper
>???
>PROFIT

Afghanistan produces like 99% of all heroin, and heroin is 99% of everything Afghanistan produces.

Patient-centered medicine, "Pain is the fifth vital sign", Press-Ganey surveys.

Failing to adequately treat a patient's pain on feedback surveys (or keeping them happy-happy) was actually grounds for getting hospital reimbursements cut by the government and insurers.

So the doctors that could get away with prescribing lots of pills did so to get high scores (while the ones that couldn't get away with it slammed their prescription pads shut, because getting marked down is better than getting jailed).

MFW I'm high as fuck on fentanyl at the moment.

Sister is addict and dates a degenerat gambler who hits her. Fucking hell

Witness me

>b-b-but weed is illegal! Oxy is good for me because its legal

Checked.

Now provide proof that this is the fault of legally prescribed drugs. Surely there are stats showing what percentage of heroin users started with a legal painkiller prescription. Everyone keeps saying this is how it happened and while it sounds reasonable, not all of the users are people who started this way. I want to know what the percentages are.

This.
Why even fucking fight it? Legalize the shit, tax it, and let the pool clean itself.

Much like with cocaine, not all drug users are poor. In fact, a reasonable amount of drug users fall into the high income bracket.

Fentanyl is the new poblem

>you will live to see legalize heroin conventions

Oh god

If you live in New England this old news, a lot of Mexicans are the ones pushing it up here. It all arrives to the the biggest shit hole towns in Mass like Lawrence or Fall River, then spics just drive it farther up north-east to sell it all.

im currently hooked on oxycodone.

which i get for free thanks to the spanish gobmint

MA, CT, and NY faggots come up here to peddle that shit. We need border checkpoints and niggers from NY need to be turned away.

>less than 4 percent of people who had abused prescription opioids started using heroin within 5 years

drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/relationship-between-prescription-drug-heroin-abuse/heroin-use-rare-in-prescription-drug-users

No drugs, no alcohol, no cigarettes.

In other words needs trump, he's going to help the addicts, and wipe out the suppliers

Opiates are physically benign. The reason addicts die is that the illicit supplies vary greatly in potency from shipment to shipment. If it were legal it would cause many fewer deaths than alcohol

I take about 5 or so percocet a week. More if i'm on vacation. My doctor gives me 240/month. How can I sell these to junkies and not get busted?