What exactly makes a movie "reddit" compared to other movies?

What exactly makes a movie "reddit" compared to other movies?

If it's popular

On Sup Forums, Reddit is perceived as a bunch of naive tools who believe that being a nerd is cool. As a result, they're childishly enthusiastic about their hobbies (which they've only barely scratched the surface of), find random humor completely hilarious, and are notoriously pedantic. This is due to the fact that they believe that nerds are some kind of "cultural elite" simply because their interests aren't completely mainstream.

BUT, since they don't see themselves as particularly alienated by society, they haven't developed the pleb/patrician paradigm, unlike Sup Forums. Consequentially, they also have the prudish, politically-correct mentality that goes with the delusion that they can still be normal members of society and accepted by potentially anyone, or that they have moral standards to uphold. This makes them very prone to being shocked or amused by the cheapest transgressions and subversions.

if calling it "reddit" gets one plenty of (You)s

its made by nolan

There is nothing intrinsically reddit about a movie.

However if reddit likes it then it's 'reddit' and Sup Forums has to ironically distance itself from it because they're too hipster for 'reddit'-tier flicks although this is just a mere facade for not being able to form your own fucking opinion

Hello newfaggot,

Why don't you go ask your subreddits their trash opinions?

Generally liberal
Not organically diverse
Pro islam
Hidden propaganda
Feel good message in the movie
Shows diversity as a good thing with everyone happy
Movie tries to please everyone etc

>Having moral standards is reddit
Everything else about your post was generally correct but this made me cringe. Jeez man, you're so edgy, you don't have moral standards? Whoa

>(You)s
reddit fag

If it has black people in it due to that place being SJW safespace

This sums up the whole thing. Essentially, what do you imagine a high school freshman programing class would watch? The kind of mentality that makes unfunny Monty Python quotes funny.

You have to go back

No, you need to go back to Sup Forums

The want to be interesting different but being too boring and pussified to do it in any way than the most generic and inoffensive way possible.

A good example is 80s revivalism. The 1980s are basically just a shittier version we have today and examplify everything reddit thinks it's above now (bright neon-colored lights, funky pop music, things being "edgy" for the sake of it) and they're basically just revivalist for the sake of being revivalist. It's unclear whether they actually like the 1980s or whether they're doing so "ironically" but regardless they do so for no reason other than to draw inspiration from something iconic and not really play on it in any way.

That's an example, but the only real delimiter is contrarianism but contrarianism in a way that couldn't really offend anyone. The choice entertainment of someone that wants to be cool and interesting but is too lazy, boring and cowardly to do it in a way that could offend anyone. Someone that uses art as a way of projecting their insecurities and whose only endgame is momentarily patching up the gaping hole in their life and stopping their ego from collapsing down onto itself so they actually have to rectify their inadequacies.

I hope you enjoyed this lecture.

Sweet summer fag you are the one who has to go back

Knowing what reddit is requires knowledge about reddit itself which is antithetical to being a citizen of Sup Forums.

>Quirky jokes
>Strong independent womyn
>Dadrock

So all those Sup Forums browsers who like to call people degenerates are reddit because they have moral standards?

Jesus fuck the neckbeardism on you.

>being this triggered and pedantic

I don't think that is what he meant, I think he is saying that reddit users love to eat up 4chans sloppy seconds, but don't think they are the type of degenerate loser that would visit Sup Forums.

not really

it's pretty obvious that "reddit" used on every board (Sup Forums Sup Forums Sup Forums Sup Forums etc) is used to denote obsequent sycophants who follow a herd mentality. "Anons" like to think of themselves as independent thinkers who are enlightened and thus dissimilar from the herd. however, that is where they are wrong. because anons almost patently will reject anything that is "popular" or "mainstream" on those merits alone, as a kneejerk contrarian reject and in doing so follow a herd mentality, while, differing from reddit's lemming behavior, is still nonetheless blindly following an ideological imperative without employing critical analysis.

Well that makes more sense, if he's talking about being a self righteous hypocrite

>cringe
reddit

Movies you could watch with a girl but still enjoy. Not the full blown aspie shit like Paths Of Glory.

many people use both websites
but partisan channers/redditors who can't think critically and fall for the memes have absurd notions of what the other place is

No, Sup Forums is just fine at being Reddit without those.

>moral standards

this is the most reddit post I've seen today, heres a (You)

If a movie does not give you an urge to rape it's reddit

If you don't get why it is reddit, YOU are reddit.

what is your stand on cunnyism?

It's Trump's internet headquarters.

>xD so funny
>nu males/white knight characters
>different than the normal arc or style, but not too different
>themes, quotes, and explanations that make normies feel like they have just broken the intellectual wall

Reddit = Your shit taste and opinion
Sup Forums = My superior taste and opinion

Also if you like anything fun then you're Reddit as well.

You're a 25 year old man with probably hundreds of pictures of a pre-pubescent girl from a children's TV show on your computer. I'll let that speak for itself.

it says more about you, reddit boy.

what did he mean by this?

Perfectly natural. It's an evolutionary trait to be attracted to breeding age females. This is consistent with our ultra conservatism which is what sets us apart from reddit.

Obvious pandering to "nerd culture."

It's hard for me to put into words, but this flick was pretty much reddit incarnate.

This post gave me reddit.

Sup Forums is Reddit though, all this place does is spew shit memes and talk about capeshit/Star Wars

That's a really homosexual picture

Being reddit means you're seeking approval from a large audience. Movies that go out of their way to make something that they know would get "upvotes" is what makes it reddit. It doesn't think for itself. It does what it takes to fit in.

it depends
I think right now most people use it as a this movie is bad / overly popular / generally reddit
generally reddit meaning anything that seems like reddit such as try-hard intellectualism, word play, bland / universally likeable

this post makes me think of reddit
>or that they have moral standards to uphold.
gets changed to
>Having moral standards is reddit
complete strawman, but it's like it's not even an argument, it's like he creates these strawmen to reduce the proposed argument to nonsense so that he feels superior
> obsequent sycophants
> "Anons"
>patently
>nonetheless blindly following an ideological imperative without employing critical analysis.
reddit as fuck
also
>reject anything that is "popular" or "mainstream" on those merits alone
is not true in all cases but seems like it is
'contrarian' was one of reddit's biggest complaints about Sup Forums when they started coming in droves

All I know is that nobody has accused me of being a redditor in all the years that I've browed Sup Forums

go back to reddit

1. its a movie that everyone has seen but thinks its underrated or not widely known
2. has dumb infantile plot resolving in a dumb infantile patronizing sentimental and contrived moral
3. strokes liberals egos

has stuff about jews in it