Thx god i didn't pay for that, its a pasta of interstellar

thx god i didn't pay for that, its a pasta of interstellar

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg
youtube.com/watch?v=6jJkdRaa04g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

EWWW DEY TALK ABOUT FEELINGS IN MUH SCI FI

Its more hamfisted than nolan and that's saying something

Most of all its lifeless. So no it has no raw emotion because villenueve is like that now

Oh god, that picture should be fucking banned.

>Villeneuve

Oh shit i didn't notice he did this movie. That hurts me even more.

>americans watch arrival and miss the point episode

When does the season end

youtube.com/watch?v=G8U21reHexg
you rite op

bump you guys need to know

I bet you think the Young Pope is a political drama too

Could have done with a more compelling male lead than Jeremy Renner, who just didn't convince at all in his role as a physicist.

Amy Adams was fine. The "twist" (well, it wasn't really a twist, but you know what I mean) could have been handled far more smartly.

Still probably my favourite cinema release of last year, though

Le dishonest, vignette, "moments" filmmaking. Aristotle warned of this millennia ago.

Hey I'm no fan, but don't compare it to that piece of Nolan dog shit

no, its just a mediocre rip off of interstellar :
Same pattern, same shitty twist based on time-travel (with the same mediocre explanation and the same plot hole), same shitty relation ship with the daughter (except this time she's dying).
The sci-fi part is a useless waste of time, rushed in the end of the movie (at this point you don't even care about what will come out).

The rest (camera work, etc) is good.
But the whole plot sux.

literally the best film of 2016
everyone i've ever heard criticise it has clearly misunderstood it by mentioning time travel or claiming there are plot holes because they couldn't follow the story

It's more of a mediocre rip off of Contact if anything, 2bqf

>Hi, I'm a scientist who never does any science in the movie

What the fuck was even the point of this asshole

Since anyone who learns the language would gain the ability to see into the future and if so why wasn't \Jeremy Renner also aware of hannah's fate assuming presuming he'd go ahead and learn the language

Then explain it you meming faggot

Arrival is based off a story that was published back in 1998

Arrival is the film Nolan wish he made with Interstellar
Arrival is grounded, handles the subject matter with intelligence and insight, and doesn't force action sequences to stop the reddit audience from getting bored
Most importantly, the story in arrival actually makes sense and the twist wasn't the most obvious thing in the world (her daughter hadn't been born yet vs the ghosts being them from the future)

Cast at the demand of the studio, apparently.

Villeneuve wanted Jake Gyllenhaal for the role

**Since anyone who learns the language would gain the ability to see into the future, why wasn't Jeremy Renner also aware of Hannah's fate presuming he'd go ahead and learn the language

Explain what? The entire film?
Wiki that shit. If there's a particular element/plot-point you're too stupid to understand, just say and I'll explain it

>Since anyone who learns the language would gain the ability to see into the future
This is never once stated and is an incredibly simplified form of what's actually stated

She learns to think like them by submerging herself in the language to the point where she dreams in it. It's literally stated in the film. It's not enough to "learn" it, you have to live it to allow it to affect the way your brain works
That's why none of the other linguists around the world had the same reaction either

I don't complain about the lack of action but the lack of "rhythm", ie it takes time to explain the contact with aliens, what they want, whats the purpose of the 11 other aliens ship, how the other gvt will react, etc. and suddenly all is rushed and solved with some silly explanations + "oh btw the twist is that her daughter isn't born yet, thats it"

Oh alright I got that wrong then, just a shame then since the film is built on bullshit linguistic determinism

who is this bumper jumper?

In fact it has more to do with 90% of the scenes that are just fillers.
Don't get me wrong the moment with her daughter (even if its 5mn) brings 10x times more emotions than interstellar.
But in the end i feel that the movie has a big waste potential.

>And remember what happened to the aboriginese. A more advanced race ... nearly wiped them out.
>A more advanced race

What did Villeneuve mean by this?

It's a big-budget art film. I'm still surprised it was even greenlit. The scenes aren't filler, it has to be done like that because it's a slow embrace of the aliens and everything.
The main story takes place over like 6-9 months. Linguistics is hard
And doing it so deliberately makes the characters feel so much more grounded and real. Their banter didn't seem like forced jokes to please the audience, it seemed like forced jokes colleagues forced to interact with each other that much would make

Yea its disappointing blade runner is gonna be shit

REMINDER THIS IS A SCREENERFAG THREAD THEREFORE ALL OPINIONS ON THE MEDIUM ARE INVALID
REMINDER THIS IS A SCREENERFAG THREAD THEREFORE ALL OPINIONS ON THE MEDIUM ARE INVALID

>that piece of Nolan dog shit
>being contrarian garbage

I saw the film in the cinema, goddamn changed my life
I came to this thread to laugh at the plebs who couldn't follow the story

Only having nothing at all in common with Interstellar.

Did you watch either movie?

Plebs these days. If anything this was better than the forgettable pretentious shit Nolan delivered.
This had substance and actual non-meme motives and was just beautifully done.
Fucking idiots.

>changed my life

hahaha you must either have a very simple mind or be an overly impressionable teenager.

Who couldn't follow the story its literally laid out for you. Yoh are a pleb if this post is true

I bravod vince outloud at that part

Would actually have been the better choice.

No it wasn't amy adams couldnt emote at all. It was badly directed and cliche from start to finish

Fucking ironic but I felt like I knew the future myself and how the flick would end before even seeing a minute

>badly directed

Please provide arguments in which elements of filmmaking did you notice thr "bad directing" please

>amy adams couldnt emote at all
She did well. And what you call unemotive was part of the character, you dipshit.

Arrival was a good film but I wasn't blown away by it like so many others were. And Amy was good, she has this very human approach to her roles that comes across as sincere even if her character was kind of thin and one note throughout the majority of it.

No she didnt shill she was so poor it took me out if the movie.

The fact that a first contact film was so lifeless, not creepy, with zero wonderment, and stale

I cant believe people like villenueve. Enemy is his only good film.I don't call films boring but Arrival was a bore and emotionally lacking

Yeah, Arrival is a lot like Interstellar, but it has one crucial difference: It's actually GOOD.

Want to make a baby?
>this starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=6jJkdRaa04g

>The fact that a first contact film was so lifeless, not creepy, with zero wonderment, and stale

That's Christopher Nolan in a nutshell. He's the autistic clever moron I want nothing to do with who sits in the corner and comes up with clever ideas and gets it all wrong.

He's smart, but valueless to humans.

>The fact that a first contact film was so lifeless, not creepy, with zero wonderment, and stale

I didn't feel that way at all. I liked how they showed everything from Louise's perspective, the start of the movie felt a lot more true to life than other alien movies. If an alien landing like that happened, most people would probably just be in a daze staring at the TV not knowing what to think. And the build up to actually seeing the aliens was really good, when they finally appeared in the fog I had chills. I guess you're right that it didn't have a lot of "wonderment," but that's also not what the movie was about so it's okay to me because not all movies have to achieve the exact same things.

That's not an argument of bad directing, that's just your opinion on the movie in general.

They mentioned TAPIR WORF hypothesis! It's so intelligent!

nothing happened: the movie

>Abbott is death process