Psychedelic music is better when it's more nighttimey and mellow as opposed to the traditional ascended...

Psychedelic music is better when it's more nighttimey and mellow as opposed to the traditional ascended, loud and chaotic vibe.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9q6gGJuz2rY
youtube.com/watch?v=elr45kUgXE8
youtube.com/watch?v=VCnM9IYGMcc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Want real psychedel?
youtu.be/9q6gGJuz2rY

Oh fuck, this is some real psychedel.

Psychedelic music is better when it's actually reminiscent of psychedelic states instead of being noisy 60's guitar rock with a chorus pedal.

Noise guitar is the best way to trip.

Agreed. Psychedelic folk and psych-influenced electronic "feel" more satisfyingly psychedelic compared to something like "Mother Sky" or literally any Destruction Unit song.

I will say, though, a marriage of prog and sci-fi can go a long bloody way.

Awtecker is literally dweeby, faggy gizmo bullshit and NOT real psychedel.

Well that's false. But either way, Autechre just one example. Any interesting sound design focused electronic artist is immeasurably more psychedelic than jammy guitar rock.

Exactly. Cocteau Twin is the best psychedelic band to exist and it's not even labeled that.

both can be. and sometimes at the same time

It's best when it sounds nice

I'm inclined to agree with you but Autechre is cold and impenetrable, Isao Tomita, The Orb and KLF are decent examples of psychedelic electronic music as I'm sure you're aware, captures the bliss, wonder, mystery, existential components of the psychedelic experience. Autechre reminds me of a Tarkovsky film

That album is not psychedelic at all except for maybe Time Of The Season

>Autechre reminds me of a Tarkovsky film
????

Destruction units sonoran l.p. is pretty mellow

is new wave and post-punk neo psych? what about ethereal wave or shoegaze?

I mean... how many psychs have you done? It's about the textures. KLF and the Orb are cringe garbage that's horrible compositionally, and sounds awful. Seriously. Listen to something not from 1992. That is the worst sounding era of electronic music in history. Tomita is kind of psychedelic because of the sound quality and the gear he was using, but he's not pushing things in that direction really. It's just the sound of his gear using that many simultaneous voices.

Psych varies quit a bit, a good majority is melodic. Floyd's post-barret isn't noisy and loud.

Amen. Syd Barrett and Pink Floyd for sure. I put the two separately because when I say psychedelic pink floyd, I refer to the Meddle album, which Syd was not a part of. As for the Barrett work, I'm definitely more into the obscure, so listening to some tracks from Opel was right up my ally. (I'm a nerd, don't judge.)

I also love The Doors.

Neo psych is neo psych

Yes it is. Psychedelic music can be melodic and vocally driven. It can also be pop like Odyssey is. It's has it's strange moments like butcher's tale and a dreamlike quality throughout. Then you mention Time of the season yourself.

Amen....

Yeah The Zombies are more AM pop. Not real psychedel. Forever Changes SHOULD be your favorite album but it's not.

>BLOCKS YOUR PATH

youtube.com/watch?v=elr45kUgXE8

Some of new wave is neo-psych like the Teardrop Explodes, the Three O'Clock or Prince's more psychedelic songs. Television played around with some psychedelic motifs. But most of it isn't

youtube.com/watch?v=VCnM9IYGMcc