Was there anything redeeming about the hobbit trilogy?

was there anything redeeming about the hobbit trilogy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BEm0AjTbsac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The cast maybe? I feel like they could've been great if everything else in the movies wasn't a flaming heap of shit.

The first one

Plenty. Most of the shitty parts actually came in after the re-shoots when it was split into three

balin

The acorn. Martin Freeman.

Leave Sauron to me.

Has anyone cut out the bullshit and edited to one solid hour yet?

Movies with half the autistic fan base of the hobbit have had fans do things like that.

smaug stole the show desu

Smaug

It exposed Peter Jackson as a dishonest hack

Smaug and Bilbo

that coward dude with the boobs he was funny haha XD

I's been done user, look for the tolkien edit

what ps2 game is that?

Some guy cut out all the shit that wasn't in the book and edited it into one two hour movie, but I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

The Misty Mountain song
youtube.com/watch?v=BEm0AjTbsac

I enjoyed Bard and the bit where he kills Smaug with his son.

The design of Orcrist or whatever the fuck it's called Thorin's sword.

Yes there are alot of good scenes its just Peter had no time to put them together in the way he truly wanted (the reason the whole third film even exists). If he had half the time to prepare that he had with LOTR The hobbit would've been a 2 movie epic but we got what we have.

Also I think hes the best casting I've ever seen

tolkien edit

Martin Freeman and Lee Pace

Searching now.
Has anyone seen it? Is it disjointed in the cuts or does it work outside getting rid of the bullshit?
I haven't even been able to bring myself to watch movie three so this should work wonders.

I didn't bother watching 3 either but the Tolkien edit is really fucking good, feels like its own movie. I'd nearly say on par with the original trilogy but that might piss some people off. The only disjointed thing is the golden dragon scene, the guy who made it had no way of effectively removing it without messing up the story, so in one scene he's covered in gold and in the next take he's inexplicably clean again. Otherwise it's nearly flawless, it feels exactly like how the Hobbit was supposed to be.

It's a joke.
He was talking about the book.

The scene where Gandalf, Saruman, Elrond, and Galadriel fight Sauron made the series for me.

SeeWith shit like that included it was obvious Jackson's probl me were far larger than not having enough time.

>in one scene he's covered in gold and in the next take he's inexplicably clean again
got that the wrong way around, here is the scene

Martin Freeman was a pretty close to perfect choice for Bilbo Baggins which makes it even more of a shame he was relegated to the background in so many scenes. So the casting decisions were probably the best and that's about it.

well it makes you appreciate the lotr trilogy more

Stick to your Sundance festival indie films and leave our plebkino alone.

Yea verily.

Took me about a year after the 3rd to actually watch it. I won't even bother with the cuts.
I know to expect a more kid-friendly LOTR but it turned out pretty crappy. Even with a decent cast.

for me

most of the first movie, pacing was good
gollum
misty mountains song
white orc
>not in the book, stupid fight scenes
yeah, but if you acknowledge that a movie that is shooting for a large youth audience needs to have a good recurring villain he was pretty solid
freeman as bilbo

jackson just went full retard with a lot of the combat sequences, rivertown, smaug, tauriel etc

Landscapes in part one.
Those stone giants fighting on the mountaintops.
Smaug's voice.
That's about all I can think of.

There's probably one decent movie in there, has someone tried to do a two hour cut of all the hobbit movies?

lazy phoneposters need to be banned

In the Tolkien edit, at least the version I have, the gold is tinted red so Smaug's now just really shiny and sparkly for one scene.

I'm on a 2000$ rig, nigga, whatchu talkin bout

Yes.

First film was great.
Second film was OK.
Third film was OK because holy fuck what are they doing.

The actors were great, especially Freeman, he was a perfect cast for it imo.

Also, the designs of the cities/areas/locations were brilliant. The entire Erebor scenes were fantastic. You just want to walk the halls, walkways and be there.

It's still 5 hours but it's good. I skipped watching the films, only caught the second half of the first movie on cable before going straight to the edited version. The quality was dogshit, it's probably better now with the blu-rays and everything. It was very good; just as an example they took all the elf shit out of the barrel-ride scene, but the music and sound is all intact and I could not tell I was watching an edited version.

It's really something.

read the thread

I think the first Hobbit movie was incredible until Bilbo leaves The Shire.

It went down hill from there.