You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top ten

You may only post in this thread if your country has a chess player in the world top ten.

You may only respond to my post if your country has three players in the top 10

Fuck Norway and fuck mods anyway. I post wherever I want.

caruana lives by me

plays regularly out in public with a bunch of old men
99% of the passerbys have no idea/dont care who they are

i wont say where

Hi qt

First post

Second post.

Third post for mighty USA combo

But do they really count? How many of them will be thrown out of the country after Trump wins a second term?

Where?

Why, so you can blow him up?

are you retarded or something
Singaporeanon is most likely not Malay

Reeeeeeechhh

Those American players sound asian

All the smart americans are

So Anand, Kramnik and Nakamura are all going to miss the cut for the Candidates Tournament; probably MVL too. Why are FIDE rules so shit?

>Those names
kek

Stockfish is the greatest chess player

Chess is racist

So?

Nah, there's still a tournament (FIDE Grand Prix) where two top finishers make it to the candidates tournament. Then they add the two players with the highest annual average FIDE rating, and then the organizer picks one player on top of that.

The fide grand prix thing is a bit complicated so you probably need to google how it works, but I'm pretty sure MVL and Naka have a possibility of making it through there. Kramnik and MVL can also make it through FIDE rating, although currently the ones making it in are So and Caruana.

I don't know if there's any chance of Anand making it, unless picked by the organizers.

The main problem is that there are eight places, but more than eight players worthy of a spot. At the moment, Karjakin, Aronian and Ding Liren are qualified, and all three deserve to be there. From the Grand Prix, Mamedyarov is almost certain, but Grischuk, Vachier-Lagrave and Radjabov have good chances for the second spot, depending on how the latter two do in the last Grand Prix tournament. On rating, Caruana, So and Kramnik were almost even before the start of the Isle of Man tournament, but with two losses so far, Kramnik is practically out of it. The wild card is the last spot, but that's decided by those who pay for the tournament. It's held in Berlin, but if it's sponsored by German money, it's all up in the air. An Indian sponsor would mean a spot to Anand, a Dutch sponsor would pick Giri and so on.

Where are the real american ? I mean, the ones that wouldn't be called gook or dago in their own countries. Too busy being cucked by Nigger Felon League I see.

Caruana was born in the United States.

>needing the help of sponsors to go through
Anand should just retire

I remember people saying that immediately after the match in Chennai, and then he went on to win the next Candidates for a rematch. Last year, he was one of the players fighting for the victory, along with Karjakin, Caruana and Aronian. I see no reason why he should retire.

Did Carlsen peak in 2014?

He did achieve his peak rating in 2014, that much is true. I'd rather say that he was ahead of his contemporaries in the 2012-2015 period, until the disaster in Stavanger. I think he needed a long time to recover from that. For the time being, he's no longer on a level of his own, but rather a best among equals, like he was before his rating skyrocketed in the second half of 2012. If it's because he's worse or his opponents have figured out his style, it's difficult to say. Carlsen is also trying to reinvent himself, and that's going to be bad for his results in a short-term perspective, but possibly beneficial long-term. Finally, there's the girlfriend factor.

why is magnus nickname "butch"

Caruana fan club reporting in

Do note that he achieved his peak rating in 2014, when he was still under the Italian flag.

where is that webm from? sth like abu dhabi open or official fide event?

It's the rapid and blitz world championship. 2016, I believe.

lol looking a lot like a sore looser there
he lost both titles right? rapid to grischuk blitz to karjakin
lets see what he does to kasimdzanov today

He finished equal first in both events, but was placed second and third on tiebreaks.

His position against Kasimdzhanov looks somewhat cramped, but solid. I like Carlsen's practical chances here. What other games are you following?

lubbe drew caruana 2nd round, that was nice
he had even better chances in the end, some commentators gave some lines, he said himself against anybody else he would continue playing
lampert-sutovsky (sicilian where sutovsky is out of prep)
grandelius-caruana, looks ok for black
and theres not much better than seeing the wc playing opening(s) like this
oh and the world cups still going on i guess

Aronian has a good position against Ding Liren, but nothing special. Shirov - Anand is a classic, tough not everyone likes to watch the Berlin, and Tari - Adams is the third British 2700 player for Tari this month.

there was another webm with the exact same body language from Carlson, but I don't remember there was confetti in that one??

yes the confetti makes it more funny, everybody in a happy mood except that one guy
ja its classic but i never liked berlin wall games
if there were some scottish games played i would watch cause i also play that opening but its not seen too often, feels like 90% e4 e5 is just ruy lopez and italian

This one?
To be honest, the Ruy Lopez is a rich, strategic opening, and the Italian game has experienced something of a revival in recent times. They are not so bad. The Scotch is seen from time to time, but if there's one thing I might enjoy seeing more of from the open games, it's perhaps the Vienna game.

Yes, and Nakamura

No single country has three players in the world top ten.

what happened to le based redbull man

>Vachier

you need to win games to have a high rating

While Ding Liren drew Aronian, Nakamura lost to, or drew against, an Indian 2619 player. My sources differ, as the official site claims he's drawn the game, whereas 2700chess.com says he lost. I'm inclined to believe that 2700chess.com is wrong, given the final position.
That never stops being amusing to you, it seems.

>so
>nakamura
>american

Diversity is our strength, friend.

so americans can continue to respond to my post about 3 players in the top 10

don't think it's this one either. But he was at a podium iirc, and he left prematurely

I followed chess some years around when he first got the title, and always thought him and the other players were very humble and patient after the games, but his "decline" seems to really have affected his mood and perhaps personality.

is he ethnically norwegian btw?

He's ethnically Norwegian. The only Norwegian GM who's not an ethnic Norwegian, is literally named Aryan. Meanwhile, you can look up Pontus Carlsson.

Naka, baby, why?

I know about him desu. seems a bit arrogant
Is Carlsen christian?

I guess Carlsen is a de facto atheist with Christian values, like 95% of the Norwegian population.

>Caruana
>So
>Nakamura

Every fucking time

>Caruana
>So
>Nakamura

Those sure sound like American names

pls read the op kthx guise

read he was a jew desu
i know for a fact he supports real madrid

My dad is Norwegian so I can post here.

Lies.

it's weird to see Fischer buried in that meme ranking when we all know he would wipe the floor with all of them

Why do you believe that?

Played Bloodborne lads. It's fun, but I keep getting my ass kicked. Not because the enemies are necessarily hard, but because I'm a retard who fucks up the timing constantly.