Name: Clarence Ashley

Name: Clarence Ashley

Class: Old Timey Folk

Instruments: Banjo, Guitar

Special ability: Dark Holler
Clarence transforms the arena into some dark holler for 3 turns. He gains bonus regen and dodge for the duration of this ability.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ReW9uUYm-DA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Name: Robert Johnson

Class: Delta Blues

Instrument: Steel String Guitar

Special Ability: Satanic contract
Robert Johnson permanently signs his life away, taking 1 damage per turn. He also gains double damage and influence. This ability cannot be removed or purged.

Item: Toaster Mix

Provides the user with the “lo-fi” buff which increases the influence and defence of alllo-fi artists in play for 3 turns.

Special: Unholy Blues Trinity

Activates when you play a blues class. Lose 1 hp when played, then gain 1 hp for 3 turns. Damage during the duration of this card is pure.

Name: Nick Drake
Class: Folk
Instruments: Acoustic guitar
Special: Virgin Cleanse

Gain 1 HP every turn
Weaknessess: Electricity, unpure things, highly susceptible to sadness inducing spells
Strengths: Weed restores HP to max

Name: Kanye West
Class: Rap
Instrument: Electronic

Special Ability: Evolve
Kanye loses one defence but gains one influence and one commerce. Can be used up to 3 times before turning into a God and exploding dealing 4 damage to all Musicians in play.

Item: EMP

All electronic instruments and items in play are disabled for 2 turns.

Special: Autism’s Blessings
All Musicians with autism gain 1 hp regen per turn for 4 turns.

*Instrument: Sampler and Vocoder

Name: Burial
Class: Electronic
Instrument: Laptop

Passive Ability: In McDonald’s
All fast food item buffs are doubled when this card is in play.

Name: Piero Scaruffi
Class: Critic
Instruments: N/A
Special abilities

Dubi Dam Dam: Any artist that doesn't have a score of at least an 8 from Scaruffi, loses 1 HP for every turn he's on the field
Hoverhand: Gains commerce and influence for every underage female artist on his side of the field
Weaknesses: Asian ballerinas, The Beatles
Strengths: Certain albums (Lorca, Rock Bottom) grant Scaruffi immortality

I feel like non-musicians should be items or trap cards. Also we should probably figure out what class strengths and weaknesses are.

Maybe have 3 main classes and a bunch of sub/hybrid classes?

I say non-musician musical beings should hve their own class but just with added abilitites and strengths/weaknesses since they have no instruments.
And we should have a plethora of classes, make it like Pokemon but bigger, with classes still being strong/weak to other classes.
Albums should be items.

Blues

Strengths: strong with both acoustic and electric instruments, good against classical and pop

Weakness: Jazz

What if playing a critic affected all cards in play (either positively or negatively based on irl review) for a certain duration?

I have no idea how we can determine strengths and weaknesses like in Pokémon.

Maybe we should wait to add class strengths. I mean we don’t even have the combat worked out yet.

Also feel free to make cards guys.

Name : Led Zeppelin
Class: Rock
Special ability: Shameless Thievery
Choose a "blues" class card. Copy that card's ability.

Name: Baby Metal
Class: J-Pop
Instruments: Electric guitar, Electric Bass, Drums, Laptop

Passive: Chocolate
Gives chocolate to all allies in play, healing 2 hp

Trap: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Activates when a enemy guitarist or pianist attacks an ally musician. Instrument is disabled for 2 turns

Item: Willie Nelson’s Guitar
Efffect: gives one guitar player in play double fame and damage

Item: Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86
Effect: Makes all in the Eurobeat class immortal and grants Japanese artists temporary maximum commerce

So is commerce armor or what?

Spell: Dance of the Dead

Can only be used by dead musicians, once casted by said musician, it can target a musician of the rival class and instantly kill them if on of the other side of the field, the rival musician must be currently alive.
Example Tupac>Paul McCartney
Lil Peep>Tom Delonge
Ian Curtis>Rihanna
Commerce should be points to do more shit and make more moves.

Let’s say that each player starts with 10 life and 10 commerce. In order to play a card you have to spend commerce. Life is different from individual hp the musicians have.

what would the choa card be?

Special: Tragic Genius

Destroy one of your Musicians. Gain 10 commerce

A shitpost obviously.
Spells
Traps
Items
Albums
Shitposts
Shitposts should be like sub-traps where they sort of novelty items with effects.

this card game looks sucky already

Whatever you want it to be user

ok i want her to be like exodia since she's the best at everything
make it

Choaposter brings up a good idea (not giving him the satisfaction a reply) we should have an Exodia card.
The Exodia card should be that unicorn EP from Godspeed

I like this thread

fuck you don't steal our idea you idiot and it has to be choa she's the best

me too I'm enjoying reading

Goddammit we can have such a potentially creatively nourishing and prosperous thread and of COURSE you arrive and fuck it up

there's lots of choabros you idiot and we have the best idea in this thread you are fucking it up FUCK YOU

it's alright guys, a Choa card will eventually come along. I'm just not able to make one since I know nothing about kpop.

1. Spare me the bullshit
2. Who got quads? Was it you? No, I didn' think so, shut your dumbass up
3. Fuck you

Name: Will Toledo

Class: Indie Rock

Special Ability: Youthful Backlash
Summon two 1/1 teenagers. They generate 1 commerce when they attack

here are some choa facts for you
she is the best kpop idol
the prettiest
the most talented
plays the guitar
sings and has the voice of an angel

FUCK YOU LEAVE US ALONE

Instruments should be equippable items with base stats that receive a bonus if they are equipped to their respective genre artist.

Legendary weapons, like Willie Nelson's guitar, can be separate from, say, a basic Telecaster

Name: Charles Manson
Class: Psych Folk
Instrument: Slightly out of tune, old acoustic guitar
Special ability: Helter Skelter

Charms any female 60s artist and recruits said artist to your side of the field.

Name:Darby Crash (AKA Bobby Pyn, Sophistifuck)
Class: Punk Rock
Instruments: Vocals, brute strength
Special ability: Fag Rage
Darby injects Ketamine onstage and enters a so called "holy rage", becoming capable of infinite blood loss and superhuman strength. Cooldown is 30 minutes, with a maximum of 5 consecutive uses, at which point the cooldown becomes 24 hours

Name: Choa
Class: K-Pop
Instrument: Voice

Ability: Angelic Idol Serenade
When played, Choa puts an enemy of your choosing in a musical trance (disabled) for 3 turns. If a male decides to attack Choa, flip a coin. If tails he falls in love with her, the opponent will refuse to attack for that turn.

Sounds good to me. What other legendary weapons come to mind?
BB King's Lucille, Jimi's Fender Strat

This is way too overpowered. Three turn disable AND a 50/50 target chance specific to the artist?

The 50/50 specific to her is creative, so I'd leave it, but i think the three turn disable is too much

what if she has very low defense and costs high commerce to play?

Name: 6ix9ine
SPECIAL CLASS: Soundcloud Boss
Items: Vocals, Blicky (Special item)
Special ability: Iffy

Casts the Iffy spell on foe, increasing their chances of getting a critical hit from Blicky
Special Effect: Getting shot by Blicky results in an instakill for Trippie Redd and ZILLAKAMI

she needs to be even stronger
everyone should fear choa

That evens it out, Choa should also be able,to be equipped with maximum shitposts as a result of the high commerce cost.

- Call Jimi's guitar "Lefty" with flavor text to reference him specifically

- Bonham's drumsticks

- Billie Joe Armstrong's "Blue" that provides bonuses for grunge rock

- Bob Dylan's harmonica. Choose one: Key of C or Key of G, each with respective bonuses

- Miles Davis' trumpet. Could provide unique synergy in an all-jazz deck.

- The Kinks' slashed amps. Unequippable permanents that reduce commerce production but increase fame

Trap: Grimey Grimes

When Grimey Grimes is played the enemy barfs and forfeits their turn. However, if the post number of Grimey Grimes ends in the numbers 0-5, the card backfires and whoever played the card forfeits their turn instead.

kek

I can't wait to make a scum deck

This is interesting, but I would personally never use it. Very situational and is way too much of a gamble to include in a limited deck. I like the idea though, haha

oh shit, this is nifty. I like the true-to-form requirement of a female 60's artist, but maybe that could be opened up to include any female artist? Could definitely introduce a neat mechanic

Item: Chuck Berry's Sacred Poop
Use this freighten your enemies and gross them out, increasing chances of a critical hit. Maxes out Chuck Berry's attack.

Item: Weed
Duration: 3 turns

Posts ending in 0-3: Musician falls asleep and misses their turn
Posts ending in 4-9: Musician undergoes a creative breakthrough and double commerce per attack.
DUBS SPECIAL: Add Weed Dealer to your deck.

Item: Heroin
Duration: 1-16 turns
Increases creativity massively but drops speed, attack, defense, commerce, can cause instant death when used on certain artists. Grants immortality to certain members of Jazz class.
Creativity: MP
Should we have MP or no?

Name: Robin Pecknold

Genre: Folk

Enter the stage with 2 influence counters.

Special: Trickling Licks
Remove one influence counter, disable an opponent's musician for their next turn.

Passive: Fleeting Friends
If Josh Tillman is on the board when played, add 1 influence counter and generate 1 commerce. The next indie artist costs (1) less commerce

Trap: BRAAAPPPP

All musicians with nice asses let out a pungent aroma.

Item: Electric Razor

Special: Razor's Edge
Shave off the beards of prominent indie folk musicians to massively weaken their attacks, defense, speed, instant kill to certain artists (ZZ Top, Rick Rubin)
Passive: Bird Seed
Increases Power Electronic class artists attack and defense

Name: Josh Tillman

Genre: Indie
Special: Alter Ego

Upon entering the stage, choose an ego:
Father John Misty - generate 2 commerce
J. Tillman - change own genre to folk, equip an acoustic guitar

Passive: Fleeing Friends
If Robin Pecknold is on stage when played, generate 2 commerce. The next folk artist costs (1) less commerce

I see unique synergy...

Special Spell: Wall of Sound

Special: Use this magical recording technique to add your choice of 5 influence counters or 10 commerce.
Special Bonus: Unlocks Brian Wilson's ultimate attack "The Teenage Symphony to God"
Passive skill: Greatly increase the creativity of certain artists

Name: John Fahey
Class: American Folk
Instrument: Guitar

Ability: Poor Boys Long Way From Home
Upon death, Fahey's track, "Poor Boys Long Way From Home," is played. For the duration of this song blues and folk artists receive one defense.

youtube.com/watch?v=ReW9uUYm-DA

kys

SPECIAL ITEM: Contract at the Crossroads

Grants you a special contract, granting you two extra skill slots but you lose 1 life and commerce every turn. The contract cannot be undone.
Special bonus: Grants artists of a certain class an ultimate attack and maxed out attack.

Name: Bob Dylan

Class: Folk Rock Star

Instruments: Guitar, Harmonica, Piano

Attack: Folk Song with Good Lyrics

Special Ability: Please Heed the Call
Attach as many musicians with a higher talent power to Dylan as you like. Each one multiplies the power of Folk Song by 2

only two good cards in the thread

Special Spell: VIP Backstage Pass

Take control of an opponents musician until the end of their next turn. Abilities can be used, but this musician cannot play(attack?) while you control it

Sacred Song: Hallelujah
Grants a soothing calm over your artists, increasing their defense massively and granting them two influence counters and commerce.
Special Item Situation Bonus: If sung by Jeff Buckley with no cards on your opponents side of the field and no cards in either hand, you win the game.

Shitpost: Banjolele
Grants immortality to all country and Hawaiian music artists for one turn.

Venue: Red Rocks

Generates (1) commerce per turn.
If two folk artists are on stage, generates (2) commerce per turn.

Special Venue: Altamont, 1969
Instant kills any artist on the card

Item: Croissants
Grants Kanye West immortality, increases defense

Special Item: Swan Song
Brings a dead artist back to life for temporary immortality, destroying all cards on your opponents side of the field.

Name: Dark Syd Barrett
SPECIAL CLASS: Tormented Genius
Instruments: Paintbrush (Special item)
Special Ability: Have You Got It Yet
Casts Madness on all foes for three turns
Passive skill: Resist Sanity

What if it is genre specific

*Instantly kills any non-rock artist*

Then generates one commerce every other turn? A token could be flipped or something to count when its time to collect commerce

This is a neat concept!

What if it destroyed all non-venue cards on your opponent's stage; but instead of temporary immortality, it gave the artist +3/+3 (whatever base stats are supposed to be, haha) and the regenerated artist is exiled at the start of your next turn?

I thought it would be more poignant to kill the artists on the card to reflect the situation. The Stones literally almost did not leave Altamont alive keep in mind. The Swan Song fix sounds fine.

*Special Ability: Media Blitz
Kanye pays publishers to give his music higher reviews and general hyperbole regarding him. This confuses all enemies in play and grants Kanye a +3 damage and HP bonus. To reverse this you need a mental breakdown card, which is particularly devastating to Kanye. If a mental breakdown card is played Kanye becomes blonde Kanye, taking -5 from his initial damage and turning his defense to 0.

>this thread
Literally a joy to read.

Name: Ian MacKaye

Class: Hardcore Punk

Instrument: Electric Guitar

Special Ability: Dischord
Ian MacKaye may gain Influence without sacrificing Commerce, and may gain Commerce without sacrificing Influence. Requires Jeff Nelson card.

Special Ability: Fugazi
If the cards Joe Lally, Brendan Canty and Guy Picciotto are in play, Ian MacKaye may change the class of any Hardcore Punk card to Post-Hardcore cards, gaining +1 Innovation for every card changed this way.

Item: Little Red Corvette
Gives you style and prestiege, gaining 5 commerce for every turn it's in play. Maxes out a certain artist's defense.

Venue: "My parents came here in the 80's"

Generates (1) commerce per turn in play.

Every time a beer or marijuana is played, generate (1) fame

Radio Station: Classic Rock

Give all ROCK musicians from the 80's or earlier +1/+1. Give all other musicians -1/-1

Name: Steve Harris
Class: Heavy Metal
Instrument: P Bass

Passive: Before every turn, place a counter on Steve Harris. When Steve has 4 counters, he can not attack and the counters are consumed.

Name: Jimmy Buffet
Class: Yacht Rock
Instruments: Acoustic guitar, steel drum
Special Ability: Cheeseburger in Paradise
Damage taken from attacks halved
Passive ability: Granted 3 turn immortality when using cocaine

Shitpost: Beatniks
All folk and jazz class artists granted one turn immortality

Spell: Depression
Lower a target's attack and defence by 2.
Next turn, flip a coin, if you call it, increase their attack by 5 and defence by 1. If you fail, lower their attack and defence again by 2.

Name: Tim Buckley
Class: Folk/Experimental Rock
Instruments: Voice of Gold (Special Item), acoustic guitar
Special Ability: Sing

Tim can use a plethora of spells: Sleep, Curse, Poison, Charm, Depression, Rage and Stun just using his voice
Passive skill: Dream Brother
Becomes immortal if one the same of field as Jeff Buckley and vice versa.

Name: Michael League
Class: Instrumental Fusion
Instrument: Bass

Passive: Family Dinner
+1 influence for each allied musician with class Jazz, Funk, Fusion, or Soul.

Name: Jaco Pastorious
Class: Jazz Fusion
Instruments: Bass of Doom (Legendary Weapon)

Special Ability: Notes of Doom
A diverse ability which casts Rage on all foes, adds an influence counter and casts Mania on Jaco, maxing out his creativity but making him more exposed to critical hits
Slap of Doom: Halve one foe's total HP

Passive skill: Jam Session
Common among rock and jazz class artists, a jam session randomly increases one stat point up for the duration of the battle for each member in the jam.

Special Shitpost: The Drop
Dubstep's ultimate attack, instant kills any artist in the electronic music genre save dubstep. Must be equipped on a dubstep artist.
Curse: Certain shitposts have curses, The Drop's curse makes you permanantly lose one life.

>aphex twin deck
>enemy pulls out The Drop

>he doesn't know this is a jazz meta

>not running the hardcore punk to post-hardcore deck
Post-Hardcore's high synergy with every other class is one of the strongest bonuses in the game, but they have an absurdly slow start. Hardcore Punk has one of the best early games but really falls off, but using cards that can go from Hardcore Punk to Post-Hardcore basically sets you up for consistent victory.

>That fucking guy who brings the anison deck

some emp's and all your commerce drops like a stone. at least get some neofolk in there

Can we make this real, boys? I unironically want to collect these