So why is this the best album of all time according to rym...

So why is this the best album of all time according to rym? Don’t get me wrong I like it and all but the best album ever?

It's not even the best album of 1997.

yeah f#a# is pretty good

this album is SHIT

how do you even determine "best album of all time"? there really isn't a right answer. personally i'd put it at least top 10 tho

why would you put it in your top 10?

In the realm of music, very few artists have been able to match their artistic ideals with the future of humanity. Some try to create their own idealism to match such, but ultimately falter upon the clouds. When Radiohead, a band languished with inadequacy, realized the paths others have failed to traverse, they combined their own imagination with the foreshadowing of the world going into the new millennium. OK Computer reveled in artistry with its melancholic melodies harkening back from bitter places, epic, grandiose strokes of bloodied paint as exemplified in Paranoid Android and Climbing Up The Walls, and sorrowful lies in No Surprises and Let Down. Many of the tracks felt unique, as to represent a certain stage of human progression. Anguish from government corruption flashed with psychological hells and nightmares, and even prejudice as the gateway to a perfect Utopia, twisted as can be relinquished the supposed heroism of the first track. Blending such beautiful concepts and differing song structure into a record gave a glimmering twilight to the world upon its release in 1997, and continued its presence for possibly the whole of this millennium. The most profound, prolific and epic album of all time. 10/10.

i would accept this post if it wasn’t worded so autistically

Nice pasta twatbag.

Because they are excellent albums but also not really polarizing. They're not all that challenging or decisive. For example, to me Kid A and In Rainbows are obviously better but I think OK Computer.

Homogenic is my favorite of Bjork's but she is overall more polarizing.

Spiritualized is a true patricians band so obv its not going to get the credit it deserves.

All excellent albums of course.

When I went to rym for the first time around 12 years ago, this album wasn't even in the top 20. The number one spot was always the Beatles or Bob Dylan

It just goes to show how younger people are just slowly ignoring older artists. It will happen to Radiohead too

at this point i think it's because it has acquired a status of the ultimate "babbie's first real music", or at least it had for many years.

like, the kind of album somebody would first discover exists when making early attempts to step out of his socially conditioned comfort zone.

>real music

Basically this. 12 years ago the beatles were at the top because thats what babbies first real music was at the time. Now it's OK Computer. I reckon in a couple of years Kid A will be the new OK Computer

that was attempting to be tongue-in-cheek

But all that you mentioned is shit.

Either/ Or and this are both better.

Radiohead is just hits the 100IQ point perfect. Is good enough for people to feel like an elitist by liking and simple enough for almost anyone to like it.

>spiritualized is a true patrician’s band

because it's dadrock for pretentious hipsters

its what a lot of very random people who go to that site has agreed with. some dumb title for an album. not a bad album though. who knows what the best sounds is like? nobody really decides that but yourself

Probably gonna be Kanye tho, Kid A is kind of already a bit too late for that.
You need an album that's in the current most popular genre zeitgeist, but also pushes its boundaries in an accessible way.
That being said, the concept of "first real music album" might be going away anyway because of streaming and how easy it is to find similar stuff to what you listen to.

wrrrrrrong

nice try tho

it appeals to the lowest common denominator of people who see themselves as "into" music
this is not a difficult concept to grasp

he's right though.

best album of 1997 is obviously Built to Spill's Perfect From Now On.

OK Computer would be lucky to make top 10.