Why do Brits have an inferiority complex to them?

Why do Brits have an inferiority complex to them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F1PK3buQuc0&bpctr=1503222525
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anglos can never compare to master race

Germans also have an inferiority complex towards Britain, though.

This.

The Brits had to call in support from France, Russia, the US, not to mention 9001 colonies just to stand a chance against the German master race.

Despite the fact that Germany had been under crushing debt from losing the previous war and also having little to no colonial presence.
WHY MAKES GERMANS SUPERIOR

We don't like the idea of a dominant power on the continent.

We already have France, but France has earned our respect and can be reigned in when needed.

Germany has the potential to eclipse everyone by some distance but usually out of their own incompetence messes up.

Plus they're completely humourless, godless people.

I thought it was to us though? Every time they've got an achievements of theirs to report on, their newspapers are flooded with the sentence "look what we have and the french don't" or something to that effect.

From we see it, it's rather the Germans who have an inferiority complex, they constantly insult Brits and Americans, even on Sup Forums, there are always an anti-Brit, anti-American thread made by a German.

Cringe

No they don't.

Germans know that if unrestrained, Germany could easily grow into a superpower and crush every major power in Europe.

But now Germany knows it can't do that through violence so instead they rule Europe through diplomacy (i.e the EU).

But of course the Brits have an inferiority complex which is largely why they chose to leave.

Actually we don't do that irl.
Normies love britain and America

I thought the no humor etc part was just a stereotype. Didn't know you guys take it serious

Germans had a massive inferiority complex towards Britain prior to 1945 and probably still have one today, at least in regards to history.

Everyone is well aware of the centuries old Anglo-French rivalry and friendship.

What is more interesting to me though is how brits seem to always be jealous of German accomplishments.

specifically how Germany can grow from a third world collection of kingdoms into the most elite fighting force in the world in just a matter of a couple decades.

Germans are able to do in 20 years what Brits needed 200.

Is that why Brits left the EU with their tails between their legs?

Even when they were in the EU, they opted out of Schengen and refused to be in the EEZ.

This just shows how great Anglo inferiority to superior Germanic people is.

Yes but Britain still did it far earlier, so what's your point?

Yes that's true. We stand up every morning thinking about what if we had a colonial empire. Fact.

>third-world
I don't think you quite grasp how rich and prosperous a city state like Hambourg or Cologne could be.

>force capitalism on Germans
>they become better at it than you

Hmm..really makes you thunk.

I don't care about Germany and I don't know anyone who does either

Anglos ARE Germanic you muh heritage moron

No need to exaggerate, I wasn't implying the average German really gives a shit about their history.

Obviously I use the term third world very lightly in the context of Western Europe.

German kingdoms were fragmented and had no colonies. Unlike France and Britain which had global reach by the 1880s.

Anglos are Germanic but far too frankified

>Anglos ARE Germanic you muh heritage
That's like pretending France should also rank itself as germanic because there's some scraps of the population with a. Frankish lineage.

At best England is a mainly Celtic population, with interbreeding with angles, Jutes, and saxons and french from the mainland.

This.

Growing up here, the countries you care about are France, Spain and America.

France because it is next door. Spain because of the holidays. America because of media.

Honestly I didn't know shit about Germany until I was old enough to actually do some research out of curiosity.

Stop with the genetics autism, Germanic is a linguistic group.

>Unlike France and Britain which had global reach by the 1880s.
True, but I really doubt that Germany was severely hampered by being negated colonies. All the resources it required for an industrial revolution were already strewn about in the very mineral-rich territory they had, and they even boosted that when they grabbed Alsace-Moselle which had french industries there already.

Colonies were more about prestige and power-projection in the XXth century, and more a clientele than a resource factory.

>when Brits have to lie to themselves just to make themselves feel better

Let's not act like you didn't almost lose two wars + your sovereignty to Germany three times this past century.

Let's also not pretend that Germany didn't single handedly destroy your puny auto industry.

Germany is a better country in every way. And they did this without colonial bullshit.

Actually wait. Germany DID colonize. Except the bulk of their colonies were actually European unlike France and Britain which only picked on poverty stricken basket weaving Africans.

>Anglos ARE Germanic you muh heritage moron

>Germanic is a linguistic group.

Well, which are you going with here???

Both? Anglos are part of the Germanic linguistic group, and are therefore Germanic.

How you failed to grasp this is beyond me.

.>European unlike France and Britain which only picked on poverty stricken basket weaving Africans.
Yikes, american understanding of history.

There is no way you can convince me that Britain didn't extort unimaginable amounts of wealth from its colonies in Africa and Asia, specifically India.

They have this weird past obsession, kinda like poles, resulting in a massive dislike for entire groups of people.
I once read a British blog saying "everyone here still remembers the blitz".
I then wrote a comment
"You do realize that the only people who can remember that are dead or 80 + years old?"
The blogger replied
"It's in our tradition to remember the past like it happened to ourselves "

Pretty much a tradition of being butthurt.
And that's the problem with them, brits look to the past instead of looking to the future.

Wait a minute, are you saying that empires rise and fall? Are you saying that dominant nations are never dominant forever?

WOW you deserve a prize for this amazing discovery.

Both you and the OP are the ones apparently obsessing over the past so I'm not sure what your point is.

Not what I meant, you got buttblasted once the French guy brought this up

>MUH DRESDEN

Yeah, I got buttblasted because genetics autism is retarded.

My bad.
I forgot that the reason most Africans speak French and English is due to them learning it on DuoLingo

Nothing to do with their colonial past or anything

Based America-chan.

Based amerishart.

>insult brits
>cuckstamp runs to the defense line

I am absolutely acknowledging the decline of Britain and I am saying that Germans directly are responsible for it.

Wars are very expensive. Especially when they're on your home front.

Germany did the colonized peoples a huge favor by starting wars with France and Britain, effectively forcing them to withdraw from Africa and Asia by the end of WW2.

I mean look at the status of Europe today. Britain doesn't even have a major say in European affairs anymore. Everyone looks to Germany for guidance. Germany is the big boss in the room. And Britain is the salty loser jacking off in the corner, relishing on his past.

>Britain which only picked on poverty stricken basket weaving Africans.
Are you suggesting that building up nations like America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand from nothing is not something to be proud of?

Pretending that the only people the French and British have ever fought is Africans is asinine to this debate, and you know it. You're dismissing the hundreds of years spent by the French and British trying to wrestle power for themselves in Europe, hell even bringing it down to duels for who would lead the continent in wars like that of the Austrian war of succession or Thirty years' war.

France and Britain had colonies indeed, but only speaks for their success across Europe since to field a navy substantial enough for those endeavors meant you'd rid yourslef of threats at your border.

Germany has a good war record too, but you're fixating only on the XIX and XXth century, which of course is going to sway things in the way of the more recent superpower.

The only noteworthy country on that list is America, and that's largely due to the influx of German immigrants (who make up the largest ethnic group, by the way).

Australia and NZ are far too small in terms of population to constitute major achievements, especially when you consider the shitholes France and Britain left behind

Well yeah, modern Germany is more powerful and influential than modern Britain. But to imply this means Germany is inherently superior to Britain is ridiculous.

And no, I'm not saying that Britain is inherently superior to Germany either. I love both countries.

Don't take anything from someone on here as representative of a nation's people.

>largely due to the influx of German immigrants
German immigrants may have had a significant influence but most arrived during the latter half of the 19th Century and largely settled in rural regions. It's readily apparent that British/Irish Americans laid the foundation and did the majority of the nation building.

>g*rmans

youtube.com/watch?v=F1PK3buQuc0&bpctr=1503222525

Fighting wars and establishing actual control over Europe are different things.

I realize now that I was being unfair to France because at least you guys had Napoleon (even though he was ethnically Italian, but then again, Hitler was Austrian).
But Britain on the other hand never controlled a single acre in Europe. All of their "colonial achievements" was when they fought against some geographically isolated shithole tribes in Australia, America, and Africa.

And of course I'm gonna focus on the 19th and 20th centuries, because that's when Germany became unified as a single force.

No one does that outside of Sup Forums, but apparently brits still like to make war rants irl.

>German immigrants (who make up the largest ethnic group, by the way).

>trusting self-reported records by people who just say german because it's in right now
Hm...

It's not a coincidence that it was after the influx of Germans did we see the US become a major player.

Remember:

Germans = Industry

>Britain on the other hand never controlled a single acre in Europe.
Your understanding of European history is clearly minimal.

>"colonial achievements"
The quotation marks aren't necessary. America, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are great countries that were built from nothing. Please stop trying to say they aren't achievements.

I can't imagine how draining it must be to make thousands and thousands of posts on a mango board about a country I've never been to, one that has no appreciable impact on my life in any way.
If that's what having muh hurtage does to you then I suppose I should be glad I have none.

Rust Belt is the shithole of America, it's inhabited by Germans.

Midwest is the irrelevant part of America, it's inhabited by Germans.

Coincidence, I don't think so.

>Germans = Industry
Britain literally started the industrial revolution.

Also the US didn't become a major player until after WW1, well after the influx of Germans.

>Your understanding of European history is clearly very minimal

Cuckstamp, pls.

I was referring to Africa and India, which made up the bulk of British colonies

I love Germany but I think my dad is kinda racist towards Germans :/
He needs to get over it I think, he keeps banging on about how the Germans killed however many British troops and how his grandad died in the war and whatever. Correct me if I'm wrong but I just don't think the average German today still wants to go around killing Brits.

Actually I'd say that we became a major player in the 1890s since at that time the richest men in the world were all America.

And Britain may have started industry but Germans perfected it.

Even then Britain did a pretty good job given what they were dealing with.

Also stop trying to ignore the fact that you claimed (wrongly) that Britain "never controlled a single acre in Europe"

Wrong lad, they'd kill you and everyone you ever loved if you gave them a chance.
Once a Hun, always a Hun

Having rich people isn't enough to call yourself a major player. Maybe you had the potential to become one, but the fact is America was simply not a major player until after WW1.

>american brings up Napoleon as high-point of French dominance over Europe
Just like in my Sup Forums memes!

I'll try be brief, but Napoleon, though a lot of the decisions he willed in France were thrust on his person more than he having actual freedom of what to do, didn't do a lot of goof for France. I love the victories, I love the code civil, I love blowing back Austrians, but what did we get to show for it? Losing Savoy and an alliance wholly devoted to keeping France down for a century. Also Napoleon was Corsican, which makes him french.

The things you should be citing as France's peak in glory was Henry IV, Louis XIII and XIV's reigns who modeled France into of great superpowers and made it last.

>But Britain on the other hand never controlled a single acre in Europe.
Well Hamburg. Also, it's like you don't know that one of the sole reasons why France doesn't own all of Europe right now is because of English interventions with Malnorough.

Also, just acknowledge that you're breezing by France and Britisn's time of glory if you choose o only know things from the XIX and XX th century.

t. His dad

Oh

>Once a Hun, always a Hun

How did this meme ever come into existence?
Germans are more native to Europe than Brits will ever be.

>Germans are more native to Europe than Brits will ever be.
Imagine being this delusional

But they didn't.
British empire never included European countries.

I'm not familiar with how France was under napoleon but I do know that that was when French power projection was arguably at its peak.

No one wants to kill you intact most people like you. But I do hope that anti brit sentiments rise as a little counterpart for your hardcore anti-german autism

Please leave, this is not a place for 13 year olds.

Imagine thinking islanders are part of a mainland

'Gott mitt uns' belts apparently, if that isn't an unban legend.

French and British soldiers found them on german corpses in WWI, so they'd joke that they were fighting the Huns.

>British empire never included European countries.
So now you've limited all of Britain's history to the British Empire, and limited owning land in continental Europe to owning entire countries in continental Europe? Hmmm

Imagine thinking Europe doesn't include the British Isles

>fingolia
Are you going to provide examples or are you just gonna continue rambling?

That doesn't mean anything. I'd much rather wish the slow but stable progression made by our kings, than the desperate and violent annexations under Napoleon, though like I outlined, the choice wasn't his half the time.

Lmao, the amount of false history in this thread. Fucking wh*Tes.

2 WORLD WARS

1 WORLD CUP

and the best empire for good measure.

Lets be real Brits don't really care much for the Germans I'll give to the French that despite the couple of thousand years we do enjoy the nice things that France has to offer. Germany unfortunately lacks any of the benefits that a country like France brings so animosity/disinterest is about all there can be.

Maybe the added salt comes from us trying to fuck up the European project & the fact that your language and dealings is currently being subverted and replaced with English tongue.

British people think that, but only if it fits the current situation

Britain is part of Europe but to say that they are more European than Germans who are actually on the fucking continent is pretty remarkable
Well most people's lives were shit no matter where in the 19th century
Superior Germans will wipe out pathetic wh*Tes

yes, YES the absolute comeback from retarded lard ass burger, oh my god my life is now ruined as i got served by half illitarete fatso YES YES YES USA NUMBER ONE OH MY GOD I BETTER KILL MYSELF WITH A SPORK SINCE MY IDENTITY IS NOW COMPLETELY OBLITERATED. THANK YOU SO MUCH CHEESEBURGER MCLIBERTYMAN THANK GOD AND THANK YOU DOG BLESS MURIKKA

Thanktchu!

Seek medical help you poor poor autist
>be brit
>need 37 allies and 29 colonies to back you up just to barely beat out Germany which almost single handedly crushed you

Come on, Smitty

Germany's whole national identity is based on how bad, racist people they are

>Britain is part of Europe but to say that they are more European than Germans who are actually on the fucking continent is pretty remarkable
I NEVER said that. All I said was that implying Germans are more native to Europe than Brits is silly.

You do care actually. I see dozens of brits everywhere (including irl) who rant over us like it's still 1940 and it's definitely not in the humorous way.

But Germans ARE more European for the simple fact that they are native to the continent whereas Brits are island dwellers

Sure they came from Europe's mainland but once an islander always an islander

If you believe the continent is """more European""" than the British Isles, so be it.

But when we're talking about simply "Europe" with no weightings applied to different regions, Brits and Germans are both equally European.

Also let's not pretend that English is spoken widely due to Britain.
Sure you had global reach but that's a long gone age.
The only reason English continues to be the worldwide language is because America took over.

It's kinda frustrating to know that so many brits hate us on a personal level because of past events and politics.
I always liked them and even wanted to move there one day.
Sad.

Britain has never maintained a large army because we are a Maritime country this puts us on bad footing for continental wars with France / Germany, especially the strong doctrine the Germans used as the start of war.

If anything I would say that the reason the Germans steamrolled WEurope is Frances issues considering they were just as equipped for land war as the Germans were and IMO they were a stronger force. I imagine a combination of poor strategy/leaders lead to what happened.

Sure you can say that the UK needs allies / colonies to back us up but that isn't an insult its just testament to the strengths of the UK which is.

- Wealth to buy support
- Wealth to support allies
- Strong Intelligence
- Strong diplomacy
- Global influence

Sure the krauts can take the entire continent and that isn't ideal for what the Brits want but as seen in (thx RAF) they never actually get to us and once they have the continent they are trapped and surrounded in an Anglo world.

I love how you pat yourself on the back for having been able to call in outside support

Yet you refuse to acknowledge how Germany was able to steamroll through Europe and nearly win with little outside help at all.
This also isn't accounting for the fact that Germany was just a pile of kingdoms without much power before WW1, and was a hyper inflated shithole right before WW2.

Yet Germany still managed to build itself up into a powerful force that challenged even the great European powers, who had centuries long head start to build colonies, wealth, industry, militaries, etc.

Honestly nobody ever gives Germans enough credit because we're so used to them being great.

But yet nearly a century later and here we are still congratulating the British because they managed to beat out a few Zulu tribes. Pfft.

I don't hate German people, and I don't believe anyone here does either.
Maybe a few very elderly people hold a bit of a grudge, but even then I doubt it's terribly deep.
A lot of young people are fascinated by anything from Europe, they were very put out over the referendum.

and I wonder why the US speaks English? lets be real though even without the US influence there are wide global array of countries that speak English.

- Large Array of Carribean
- Large Array of Africa
- Canada/AUS/NZ
- Ireland

and then places which utilise it such as India, Singapore. This comes from us not the US.

Additionally of course continuing legacies seen in the Commonwealth, Westminster system & Common law

>who had centuries long head start to build colonies, wealth, industry, militaries, etc.
I find it funny how you call it a "head start" as if they had some kind of artificial advantage that made them more successful. They were able to do it before Germany, don't try and make excuses for it.

And again, I'm not saying that Britain and France are better than Germany. I understand that there are a multitude of reasons for why they were able to create colonial empires while Germany couldn't. This is because unlike you, most people don't have an autistic black and white view of superiority and inferiority.

At the end of the day, all that matters is that Germany severely weakened France and Britain in spite of their lowly beginnings.

Good for them

But I heard your chavs, nationalists, football fans and some more still have a problem with us especially since brexit

They colonisé Africa too dumbass