What is the relationship like between these two countries?

What is the relationship like between these two countries?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QsDCOd8WqLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

brown
conservative

they probably like each other

They argue about whose ham is better.
They are white, just like you.

Do you only lurk Sup Forums just to shitpost in threads about Iberia?

It's like we don't exist for each other.

>spain is a conservative country
lmao how clueless can you be

We have an ignore/love attitude to them, historically we were yandere to them. They are tsundere to us.

Tunisians are not white

yes

He's mad because he will never be a real Berber aka Iberian.

They are portubros, we love them and personally I wish the best for them

Do you get a lot of Portuguese immigrants/tourists and vice versa? I know there was a few protests against tourists in Spain, would that also apply to the Portuguese?

south euros are typically more conservative than the rest of europe

Not a lot of Tugas here, but I wouldn't even consider them foreigners.

I understand Portugal is to Spain what Belgium is to the Netherlands

Whose ham is better btw? Is there an appreciable difference between your guys' ham or is it all just pedantic fake news?

>immigrants/tourists and vice versa?
No, maybe France.

No, I don't think I've ever met a Portuguese. We don't consider them foreigners either, those retards complaining focus on Brits/Germans/French.

Bros with right to banter

>No, maybe France.
What do you mean? French tourists in Spain, or Portuguese tourists in France?

Do you have a similar relationship with the French?

>those retards complaining focus on Brits/Germans/French.
What's wrong with the British/Germans/French that isn't so with the Portuguese? Is it a language thing?

It's because they look white, probably.

Portuguese people tend to migrate to France..(I think so)

>What's wrong with the British/Germans/French
Arrogants and piece of shieeeeeeeeeeet, especially the last two

Yeah and to Luxembourg

Dunno, I'm a big consumer of ham but you can't really find presunto or prosciutto here to compare.

Ask Catalans, they're weird. Young Brit and German tourists are stereotyped to be chavs and generally low class tho. No one really mind pensioneers.

We lovehate France and they ignore us. Just like we do with Portugal.

French are arrogant, they expect you to learn French just because they are visiting your country on the regular, specially the French-Arabs. But the Germans tend to be pretty chill.

Best one is Iberico ham, prosciutto only compares to serrano ham

Are you in the far North? We don't get many Frogs here but they're usually pretty down to earth guys despite the stereotype. Germans are a lot worse.

What do you guys think about people from the other side of Europe? (Latvia, Estonia, Slovenia, Serbia, Greece etc.)

>Latvia, Estonia, Slovenia, Serbia

I don't think anything of them, people who do not know much about them might be suspicious due to other Eastern countries immigrants causing trouble, mainly Romania/Poland.

>Greece

Cool, Med bros.

What do you mean? What Spaniards in general think about them? Nothing.
I've been to some of those countries and liked them so I have a positive opinion.

Tarragona, they are literally the largest tourist ethnicity that I see here, alongside Brits, Germans and then Russians.

And Spaniards expect everybody in northern Catalunya to speak fluent spanish.

>Greece
>Cool, Med bros.
Is this just memeing or is it an actual prevalent mentality in Spain? I would have thought Spain had more of a connection with France than Greece,

I've heard that many Spaniards from the older generation are somewhat resentful towards the French, for not helping during the civil war.

Which would be totally justified.

If there's one people that can consider themselves like at home when in here that's portus.

>northern Catalunya

>Spanish people expect Spanish to be talked inside of Spain

Well, no shit genius.

He's memeing, we don't think about Greece at all. We really like Italy and are a bit tsundere towards France but since they're bigger and a lot more relevant they kinda like/ignore us. And rightly so, that's what we do with Portugal.

Not really, and many older people speak some French, it was the main foreign language in school.

Not sure if others share it, I certainly do. Italians/Greeks are Medbros. I have a certain difficulty liking French people, which I believe it's share by some Spaniards.

I mean the french part of Catalunya, we call it northern Catalunya here.

Spain and Portugal have a cordial relationship, but not a fraternal one. Only in the Galician-Portuguese border one sees a tighter bond between the two adjacent countries. The further south one goes in either country, the more different and distant both countries get.

Majority of Spaniards don't know or care about any of those countries.

>Tarragona

Because you get the worst kind of them, like in all those med resorts.

All the french I met were top guys.

Well if it's of any consolation when I think about Europe Spain and Portugal usually come to mind.

My mom speak François and some old people too, It was the main foreign language in 60s,50s,40s and 70s in Spain

I wonder if it's the same for other European countires (e.g. Sweden having a strong relationship with Poland or Lithuania across the Baltic sea.)

nice, cordial, distant, almost bordering on indifference which is weird, but not so surprising seeing as the border areas are very sparsely populated, with the exception of Galicia border.

I have no idea how other Spaniards behave abroad, I always speak English whenever I go.

You only like Greece because you fell for the mediterranean meme, which doesn't really mean anything. I mean it's not that I DON'T like them or something but we share literally nothing.

that's wrong though, since we don't see ourselves as core European.

I've only met one nice French, and that's a French girl I met on a camping in Salou. His father gave me the dead-eye.

Would you say you have a stronger relationship with Spain than you do with other European countries?

What do you see yourself as?

Olive oil

You don't know me enough, to tell me why I like things, faggot.

yes, no doubt.
But it's because we have literally no relations with others though, we have some diaspora in France, Switzerland and Luxembourg, but even the emmigrants don't really integrate, they just form their own gettos(safe ones though, not much criminality), and return as soon as they can to spend summer vacations.

Do people in Portugal know about your military alliance with the UK?

We share way more connections than they do, especially Spain, Italy and France. I don't know how the two others react to Portugal, but we have a lot of people with Portuguese ancestry, with Spain and Italy being next and then Poland.

However we don't feel as close to our cousins as Spain feels close to Italy. At least that's the impression we have here.

Lots of Portuguese hate the Spanish because they were memed into it in elementary school. The Spanish likely don't care about us at all.

My bad then, I guess I was wrong.

some do, most don't

Sorry I don't speak memes.

We're the Sweden of the south

That's not a meme, we have a lot of fascist and people who love Franco compared to other countries in the EU, it's just that the political parties and the youth does not reflect that.
Be thankful Podemos didn't win, the least this country needs is literal commies running the joint.

I'd assume it's because you border countries like Germany and the Netherlands while Iberia is really tucked in their little corner of Europe.

No we are not, where the fuck do you guys live? I've never met a Spaniard that had any issues disliking Muslims/Blacks/Latinos in public, even gay people.

Is there a strong pan-European ideal in Spain? I know your country is sort of a conglomerate of regions with it's own internal issues by would you say the average Spaniard is more isolationist (nationalist) or pro-European (not to be confused with pro-EU)

True, as a native French speaker I can understand a fair amount of written Italian and Spanish but not as much as they can understand each other and better than they can understand French. French grammar actually has many germanic influences while its vocabulary remained mostly latin.

Also history treated us differently. We've been at war countless times for many different reasons.

Madrid

I smell bullshit. I was literally slapped and calling a machista for telling a female coworker
>Now that's cleaning like a grow up woman
We had a conversation about me being a manchild unable to take care of its own place a few minutes ago so context made it clear that I was speaking about her being an adult not a woman.

>calling
called*

Having a strong country when your people are divided is difficult. I know Castillians and Andalusians are very patriotic and proud of Spain. Catalans and Vasques, not so much. Whether or not we consider Europeans, I am not so sure. I don't even think the thought comes up much in most Spaniards.

I am certainly not fond of it, I sincerely hope the European Union to cease and for a more militaristic and conservative political force to make a come back in Spain. We need less free gibs, less taxes, less regulations and to update our military. Run things by ourselves without depending on Mommy Merkel.

Liberalism is a disease, I feel Spain is just in the beginning stages of adopting these ideals and will not even begin to see the disease it brings to a nation in some decades. I read on the news the other day, a woman is now able to accuse of sexual assault and you'll get jailed regardless of proof, just because she said so.
It's a mental illness gestated by weak minded people who need others to take care of them.

Yeah, having a strong military in a country with a history of coup d'etats and political inestability is certainly a pretty great idea.

>in the beginning stages
Pero tú dónde coño has estado los últimos diez años?

The military unifies people, gives them a common cause to fight for and a place to belong. Nowhere else but in the Army will you see Spaniards from all regions being brothers. Plus, we cannot depend on others for help in times of need, Spain needs to be a force of it's own.

In London, I came back a year ago.

But realistically, who would the Spanish be fighting? Outside of some kind of EU military alliance or a NATO operation there's really no enemy to face in this day and age.

Sure, I just don't want them to be strong if they suddenly decide that forcing another military dictatorship onto us could be a pretty cool cause for them to follow like brothers.

Don't be a drama queen.

A military is not just there to attack, it's also there to defend Spain's interests. Plus, money spent on military technology research tends to pay off. You never know what might happen in the future, it's better to always be prepared and independent.

>forcing another military dictatorship onto us could be a pretty cool

That would probably be one of the best things that could happen, no more perroflautas y ocupas. No more Hippies and being unable to kick immigrants that invade your house, because they are protected by the law.

Castillians are pretty much fucked since the last 2 centuries. All the interior provinces are condemned to disappear. In my city we've lost 30k people in 30 years (mostly young people emigrating to other countries or Madrid) and all the other cities and villages surrounding us are pretty much in the same situation.

The EU has promoted this situation destroying part of the primary and secondary economical sector with much regulation and companies of other countries doing EEE to ours. In a few years Spain will only be Madrid, Barcelona and a few other cities with coastline.

I agree, it's a disgrace. I run a business and starting out wasn't an easy task, when you are made to pay 300eu a month before you even find contracts, while in the UK you pay like 70 pounds a year. We should be helping the youth kick-start business of their own, making away with some of the regulations and reducing that taxes.

My company lives entirely of tourism, if it wasn't for that, I would probably have to sell my house and move somewhere else.

Last attempt of a coup d'etat that we know of was 10 years after the dead of Franco. That we know of. I don't trust the military, and for a good reason. Those people get so indoctrinated they're no better than muslims, they just worship their ideal of a nation instead of some imaginary friend.

This.

>Is this just memeing or is it an actual prevalent mentality in Spain? I would have thought Spain had more of a connection with France than Greece,

I personally feel as close to Greece as I do to Latvia: Almost nothing, but still more than, say, Vietnam or the Congo. It's Northern Europeans that put us PIGS countries in the same pack.

I like the army and the benefits it brings to my country, I will continue to support them now more than ever. Specially knowing that most of my demographic are NIsNIs (neets) that love taking it in the ass and expecting free gibs just for existing.

It disgusts me, to no end. This country needs a strong hand with discipline to shape it back into proper pose, or it'll remain crippled forever.

Would you say there is a stronger connection with distant European countries (e.g. Belarus) than Morocco or Latin American countries? Which would you feel the average Spainiard would rather be in a political union with?

Latin American countries no doubt.

I like the army andthe benefits it brings to my country such as _____________ .

Morocco is Terra Incognita.

No bully Portugal, pls.

Patriotic people that can stand the hardships of life without bitching, people ready to take risks and succeed. Responsible people.

The army breeds great people, it avoids repugnant people like these from ever coming into shape.

>youtube.com/watch?v=QsDCOd8WqLI

No me gusta mucho el personaje del militar pero te lo has currado, hasta hace nada me lo estaba creyendo.

To anyone looking for a translation. The couple are basically communist that argue that working for to buy a property is slavery and they agree we should steal houses from people with multiple properties to give them for free to people like them. Grade A commies, basically.

Are communists in Spain nationalists or secessionist?

Secessionists, there's not an ounce of patriotism in this people. They'll follow whoever gives them free things so they don't have to move a finger in their entire lives.

>Would you say there is a stronger connection with distant European countries (e.g. Belarus) than Morocco or Latin American countries?

No, I don't think we feel more connected to Belarus or Urkaine than to Morocco or Ecuador. We feel some kind of connection with Portugal, Italy, France and even the UK and Germany. Then come some Latin American countries to which many Spaniards emigrated in the past (Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Venezuela, Cuba), then maybe some other countries with which we had some historical connection in the past as colonizers (Morocco, rest of Latin America).

>Which would you feel the average Spainiard would rather be in a political union with?

With whomever is richer. Seriously.

>We feel some kind of connection with Portugal, Italy, France and even the UK and Germany.
Could this be a USSR divide? How do you feel about Denmark or Austria?

>Australian interviewers