Taboo Thread

And we are back, another Tuesday is here, which means a new episode of Taboo. According to TV by the Numbers, it's pulled in a respectable 0.6in the demographic with 1.84 million viewers. Sadly, I can't speak to how well this is compared to other FX shows, but a promising start nonetheless.

Tonight's episode is simply titled "Episode 2":

>While James Delaney assembles his league of the damned, an unexpected arrival threatens to disrupt his plans.

There is a stream somewhere, to be sure, but no idea about where to find it. In addition, while you wait, you can view Gone Girl as we wait and just as important, what did you think of last week's episode?

There's no new episode today.

Yes there is. Where did you get that info from?

yes there is
pretty good so far. anyone else gettin a lovecraft vibe?

mistakenly posted this in lake mungo thread

It falls in line with peaky blinders, tudors and god knows what other historical hokum gets filmed these days. See, it's divorced from reality and the reason it's divorced is not because it's some sort of fresh perspective on colonial age or indeed a commentary on how gigantic corporation influences our lives that still resonates today, but this divorce comes from how gimpy the characters are. It's all fine and well that they have an agenda, ailment or a facial twitch, but every single one of them just comes prancing on stage and whips out their cue, to no error, even stutter feels contrived and rehearsed. I guess tv shows are another victim of american comic books because I have no idea where this would fit better, a decent premise ruined by quips and ready made personalities.

>lovecraft vibe

>I like hearing the sound of my own voice and pretend to be a film and television critic

meme away sperg

Continue to be a pseudo intellectual moron by all means user

>lovecraft vibe

you ever read herbert west reanimator? im gonna assume not since it seems like youre being condescending towards me.

IT BEGINS!

The little girl is a ghost

and Tom Hardy get knifed in that episode

Looking forward to some kino Hardy grunts

aww i hope every opening starts with a different instrument.

Probably a Brit where it airs on Friday, ahead of FX showing it in the US

So that explains how he got the ship.

F bombs are the new normal. I could get used to this.

Did he just say FUCKING?

THE FUCKING AMERICANS

nigger the main character is a tattoeed cannibal violent lowbrow freak and everyone represents the dregs of society, total opposite of everything lovecraft would write

Yes he did.

How funny would it have been if a commercial for the new season of The Americans had came on right after?

yuppp.
seriously though. "Fucking Americans!" my balls tingled. now we just need some titties.

We're about four or five years away from that, sadly.

FUCKING FUCKING FUCKING

>Too bad they never got to say it on Justified

Wouldn't have added anything to Justified.

>no drama will ever give you a criminal that escapes from you and creates a DVD with credits

I miss that show.

In burgerland there is

FUCKING
PATIENCE

THE FUCK IS THIS

FUCK THEM

With this show having it, there's no reason for The Americans to not have it, right?

HERE COME THE WIDOW

have the censorship laws changed?
what the fuck is happening?

FUCKING STAN FUCKING FATHER TIM FUCKING MARTHA FUCKING READING THE KAMASUTRA

better than cabbageland

You're being culturally enriched

user, cable technically doesn't have standards; they just impose them on themselves to keep the advertisers happy. This way, they rake in money and keep an audience.

Tfw Negan gets his Fbombs censored while lovecraft wannabe is droppin em like candy

Is it just me or are the night time scenes almost impossible to see what's going on?

Curse words are allowed on TV but during certain time slots. You plebs.

Ooeeoo?

How did the girl get off of the boat?

Killer tofu

Did i just hear he call himself a "necessary evil" or did I imagine that?

I've only seen it late night, IFC, and on El Rey.

you caught that aswell? so awesome

swam?

I thought he was talking about both of them.

I heard it too.

Perhaps; seems surreal for her to show up and then not appear in the boat again.

Is that Doug Stamper?!

we are dealing with the supernatural here so who knows.

>people don't just download the UK release

Yeah but cable channels do it too. Its some dumb shit about kids being impressed by TV so they censor certain things at certain times. Shits gay.

>We will haunt this nigger to justice.

Damn, that edge!

>lovecraft vibe
stop using words you dont understand

DONT DO IT, JIMMY

What are some other grim-dark 19th century kino?

I don't understand british so I'll wait for the american english version

What's going on Aunt Diane?

wouldve been funnier if you said "they dont come with subs".
the idea was there though

fuuuuuuuuuuuuckkkkkkk. that was beautiful.

Son of a bitch that was violent

Need moar

I was dumbfounded when Vikings had nudity for other countries.

Sometimes I really can't understand what Hardy is saying as much as I like him.

Holy shit, do they at least give you the nudity when you buy the discs?

Fuck. That was actually pretty good.

So this series is only 2 episodes long?

I've only seen the first episode and I loved it. I'm going to watch it again before starting episode 2. Tom Hardy's character seems to be alchemical, as he is already in loss (dead father), great gains (inheriting property and money), making enemies with the local corrupt government, and exudes a general lone wolf vibe such as when he dealt with the whores.

Idk probably but I don't really buy dvd unless it's something I really like or want to rewatch.

I watched the second ep last sunday from hbo nordic

Came together in the last half for sure. For a moment, I thought he had killed Winter.

Rate the episode: 8/10 here

I think I need to turn the brightness up on my t.v because I can't see jack shit during night scenes.

I wish I was Tom Hardy.

>herbert west reanimator
>resurrects giant african american
>taboo
>dead giant african american gets ressurected
>VIBE

and im not the only one. im not saying cthulhu is gonna pop outta the damn ocean. i just felt a similarity.

I wish The Take was discussed on Sup Forums because it's my favorite Hardy kino.

Keen for some inevitable wincest aye?

>From Hell
>Sleepy Hollow
>Sweeny Todd
>Penny Dreadful
>Brotherhood of the Wolf
>Count of Monte Cristo
>The Duelist

>horror = lovecraftian horror because ressurection
wrong. doesnt matter if you "felt" it. you are objectively wrong

Fucking Burton is master of that shit in any form even stop motion.

you're serious, aren't you?

im not good with history, whos the king with the fat gut?

aftereffects overload tends to produce that feeling

Do americans really do this?

Why are americans so conservative?

>from hell
5/10
>sleepy hollow
9/10
>sweeny todd
2/10
>penny dreadful
5/10
>brotherhood of the wolf
7/10
>count of monte cristo
3/10
>the duelist
try duellists instead

Ee neem see wo ha ha

Im right. Maybe if you actually read Lovecraft

This is what happens when the history channel switches to bigfoot shows.

King George is the easy one to remember because he was king during the revolution.

>try duellists instead
whatever the one that was Ridley Scotts first movie

Its not the King. Its the Prince Regent.

My bad. It was a fat, weird, royal guy talking about war with America and I just assumed.

i wish you nothing but happiness user.

Thanks user. But youre still wrong. Hope Ive taught you something.

his dad is the King but hes been declared insane so his son (the prince) is filling in until he dies and prince becomes king

so Prince Regent George. thanks.

Reminder that East India Company was just an honest trading company and not some global megapower as depicted in the show.

You guys realize you can watch new episodes 3 days before it releases in America, right? It releases on Saturday in the UK.

yes, we get it.

Didn't realize that until today. This changes things, but we had some good participation this thread, so I'll continue to make them.

i choose to wait till tuesday.

Treason!

cucks

But are the episodes the same? There is some stuff that might get cut. The run time for the UK one is 57 min.

That's probably due to them not having to deal with commercials.

thats what ive been askin but nobody tells me. they say fuck and show ass. and ive never seen a show on basic cable that does that. any tits in the UK?