Do you have to be kind of an autist in solitude to make great music?

do you have to be kind of an autist in solitude to make great music?

I've noticed when I socialize etc it really bursts my insular creative bubble for making music

Other urls found in this thread:

josephkomari.bandcamp.com/album/untitled
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looks like this thread is in solitude

you need to be emotionally vulnerable, yes

thats the thing i have trouble with around people

How are you gonna become a great musician if you can't get your shit published cause you can't hold a conversation?

Yes and no. It depends on the type of music, I think.

Jacob Collier does much of his shit alone. Thom Yorke probably does a lot alone - but surely the band has a lot of input. Sufjan works mostly alone. Nick Drake definitely fucking alone. Beatles obviously not, except perhaps later, but then again George Martin contributed significantly.

Again, it just depends. Unfortunately when you create alone, however, you run the risk of making music that SOUNDS like you’re some weird lonely autist...

>SOUNDS like you’re some weird lonely autist...

but that's the best music

rofl i just put out an album youre gonna love

my boy Ceephax

Depends, I've had great ideas and progress in the late hours of 2-5 AM holed up in my room alone. I've also been very inspired by working with friends I trust. Real time feedback is very helpful sometimes and sometimes you can gain momentum off each other's ideas.

i think I'm way too inhibited around other people to get into a genuine creative flow

Drop acid with them

boomp

what makes you think ceephax is an autist in solitude? his music is fun and vibrant as all h*ck.

his brother is the one who almost certainly urinates in bottles.

my way of life is fun

everybody's got a...

sword

As someone who has social anxiety, acid multiplies it tenfold.

Yes and no. The ones that actually make good music are a rare breed. They're autistic loners but they have some sort of inverted narcissism where they have a lot of self-belief AND they actually have the talent to back it up. I bet for every Thom Yorke, there are 9 autists who aren't actually talented enough and make retarded cringey music.

dear god this I made the mistake of taking some home alone one day and it was enjoyable but i forgot to get food and enough cigs to last the whole time and trying to walk to 7/11 was the most terrifying thing ever. It took me almost 2 hours to finally get the courage I would get halfway and then see someone else walking on the same street and would immediately go back gome

this guy doesn't strike me as an autist. He's definitely a little quirky and most likely on the spectrum but he comes across as very chill in his interviews and socially adept. I think almost all musicians are a little eccentric or whatever you want to call it, it isn't exactly a normie career path unless you simply went to music school with the intent of purely making a business out music. In that case though you're more retarded than you are autistic I would think.

>I've noticed when I socialize etc it really bursts my insular creative bubble for making music
you sound like a POS

whats the album

I want to hear it too. shill that shit bro.

you asked
josephkomari.bandcamp.com/album/untitled

>josephkomari.bandcamp.com/album/untitled
lol you weren't lying bro this some captain beef heart type shit.

thanks

yeah I'm the most creative when i'm by myself, and have been for a while. also when i'm depressed, or "emotionally vulnerable" like someone already said itt.

when I socialize I don't even feel like making music, that might be why most mainstream pop is such plastic garbage

>do you have to be kind of an autist in solitude to make great music?
no

exactly. When you're alone you have to create your own meaning to fill the gap. That's why the best artists live outside of society;It's kind of a tough price to pay, but if you're really talented you're actually doing the world a favor be choosing solitude I believe

This actually isn't bad, my dude. Better production would be all you really need imo