Bowie on there is a fucking disgrace.

Also GKMC > TPAB by far

what an abysmal decade man

By comparison:

>Radiohead on there twice
That's only better by a little bit

kendrick is so fucking overrated

he's a great artist but there's no way TPAB should even be there

the fact that Brockhampton and DAMN. are even in the top 40 for the decade is fucking insulting

didn't rym boost black artists scores or some shit like that?

rap is huge in the '10s

indie stuff was huge in the '00s

patiently jogging my nogging

saturation 1,2, and 3 better be next

>atrocity exhibition
>a 4

zero integrity on this site album is shit

Is sputnikmusic any better?

P shit as well not gonna lie

Kendrick has to be the most overrated rapper of all time.

They boosted Hip-Hop scores because people who don't like Hip-Hop in general still rated them and rated them low. I don't think it was a direct "put Hip-Hop scores up 2 places" or whatever so much as the new weighting system had that effect.

Wh*te ppl BTFO

people shouldn't be allowed to rate albums that have been out less than 10 years

atrocity exhibition is the only good album there and even then it should be in the top 50, not fukkin 10

Blackstar is great tho
apart from that, I agree with you

Carrie & Lowell is overrated as fuck and I like Sufjan.

Why didn't the boost metal scores though? Metal rates are full of brainlets who only listen to american post-black and hate every other sub-genre

BLACKED

Of these 3 only Jay-Z is a rapper

Americans are dumb, if you make music for dumb people you will be succesful, how is this surprising in any way?

Is pic related the main demographic of RYM voters?

This tbqh, nobody cares about Kendrick Lamar or meme rap outside the USA, whereas David Bowie, Radiohead, Arcade Fire etc. are recognized all over the world

No shit? Rap is lyrics focused whereas the music you mentioned is more melodic. You need to understand English and American culture to really appreciate American rap, where as other genres of music are more internationally accessible. This seems pretty fucking obvious.

Explain why rap is huge in eastern europe then

slavs are white niggers

They the aesthetic? The attitude? Could be many reasons. I'm just stating why rap isn't as accessible as melodic music generally around the world.

>nobody cares about Kendrick Lamar or meme rap outside the USA
Do people really believe this?
Rap is the most popular genre in most of yurop as well

The genre though, not the artists. Germany prefers their very own Spongebozz over Tyler.

EDM is ten times as popular in europe
So basically you don't need to understand english and american culture to really appreciate american rap

are u joking?! Metal is the most over-rated genre: if an album is under 3.8 it's shit by their standards. any decent release, and some retarded metalfag slaps a 4.5 or a 5.0

Fair but some countries and cultures tend to appreciate it more. Whereas melodic music can be more appreciated worldwide.

Metal's fanbase is one of the most fractured and elitist there is in pop music, only surpassed by jazz or classical elitists

t. person who has never traveled abroad

You can appreciate rap on a superficial level if you don't understand the language and culture but you are still missing half of the music.

Do you think western europeans don't understand english or american culture?

when will rap die

Fuck this gay earth.

Bowie should be #1 desu

People in Germany, Norway, Sweden etc. speak better English than many Americans, yet they don't care. Also, good you recognized that rap has no merit for the music itself, and it's just targeted and fabricated for a specific demographic that will consume garbage "music"

I thought the earlier point was referencing eastern Europeans? But yeah western European countries have terrible English. France, Spain, Italy, Portugal all suck. Germany is OK, Scandanavia OK. But why would Germany or Scandanavia give a fuck about rap? How could it be accessible at all for these places?

MBDTF is the most melodic album out of those, just like most of Kanye's discog

Why are you fags arguing about this

Why do you think it's not accessible in all the countries you mentioned?

>Germany

what have you ever been there?

Damn, I for sure have no idea why rap is popular in eastern europe and not popular in western europe, hmmmm, I honestly have no clue why.

Yes, Munich and Leipzig

Why isn't scandanavian music accessible in the US?

>TPAB a butterfly :/

How is TPAB above GKMC
Atrocious

Nice try, Sup Forums

Not an argument

There is no way Ireland has a lower score than the country that brought us vile garbage like grime.

Because most scandinavian music is in scandinavian
Your move

Because white people like rap

Not a valid source.

Rap is American.

Are slavs white though?

Whiter than you Cleetus.

How does that make it inaccessible?

not really that different now is it

What? You just said that most scandanavian music is scandanavian as a defense to why it's not accessible to Americans. So why shouldn't the reverse be true?

English is a global language

>american indie zine hype trash

>american indie zine hype trash
whoda thunk it

That's a southern slav for you btw

There is a big difference between a culture and a language, and I'm sorry but if you are not a native speaker of a language you will never fully understand it

>Amerifat

What are some of the barriers in rap music in the language department that prevent western europeans from fully understanding it?

It's another episode of tasteless rap nigger puts Bowie on the list to look intellectual because he recently died

Slang, wordplay. Idioms, metaphor, simile, cultural references,
Come on, don't be such a brainlet. Make better points.

All of those things are explained in great detail on any lyrics meaning site ever like genius or songmeanings etc....

if you think you need to be a native speaker in order to understand these things, then you probably have never learned a foreign language yourself

who fucking cares

why do you care

vindication? validation?

just listen to what you want to listen to you fucking retard

I dant my fabrite ahwlbm to b ra8ted nimbahr 1one :/

You are reaching so fucking hard now. How much of the general public browses genius and similar sites to understand the complete meaning of international music. The original point was about accessibility. The general population is not gonna do "research" on understanding songs not intended for them. But the people the music is intended for will get it and understand it pretty damn well. International audiences will enjoy the beat, production etc. and understand it superficially. My point isn't that hard to understand. Are you sure your English is that good?

Do you actually think the avg american understands an average rap song 100% without at least taking a look at the lyrics?

k west and sufjan stevens give me cancer but the others are right

honestly what did you expect. sufjan stevens is good and accessible, reddit and rym are his target audience. pretty much everyone on that list is. none of those are 'bad', just overrated and tired meme albums.

The only things offensive about that OP pic are TPAB and C&L. Everything else on there is fair to consider among the best of the decade.

They understand the culture, and that is more important. Like I have been saying. You are really fucking dumb.

>They understand the culture
You could not be more vague

>Reddit and RYM are the target audience of musicians like Sufjan Stevens
>4/6 top albums are rap garbage

Clearly rap is manufactured for nu-males and frat boys on RYM

And you are being needlessly obtuse.
>I hate rap but it's really popular! But not where I live! Must be because the music sucks!
Great logic

Kendrick Lamar is literally targeted for Reddit, RYM, Lollapalooza etc

I don't know what's worse, Kendrick being a dwarf or Taylor a giant

Taylor is only 5'8, kendrick is a below-fridge-level midget

5'8" is way too tall for a lady

You don't know where I live, but I'll give you a hint, I'm not western european.
It's not because I don't like rap that I'm arguing with you in the first place. It's that you think rap is so tied to american culture it's literally incomprehensible to any outsiders.

TPAB definitely deserves to be on there. Not a single weak track, there's a lot variety in the tracks and Kendrick's performance due to the many characters he portrays, it's all pretty dense to the extent where most of the album goes over the average Sup Forumstant's head.

MBDTF's only great tracks are Dark Fantasy, Power, All Of The Lights, Monster, Runaway, maybe Gorgeous as well. The rest is inconsistent.

GKMC is pretty nice, too but it just doesn't have the density and ambition of TPAB. I see many people take it over TPAB but that's usually only because it's far more straightforward and easy to digest.

Blackstar and Lazarus are two of the best tracks Bowie has ever written. But the rest of that album's pretty middling and repetitive.

I don't listen to enough indie shit to be able to say much about Carrie.

Atrocity Exhibition has some great tracks but I am not sure if it's that high in a top 10 of the 2010s. I do like how a lot of the music on this doesn't have the typical always loud rhythm section of hip hop so it can mess with smaller more intricate sounds.

So you are arguing just for the sake of arguing. I'm arguing to defend rap music and why people enjoy it and why it is popular in certain places and less so in others. You are arguing just to be a dick.

>attacking his motivation for arguing instead of his argument

Please summarize his arguments! I will refute them point by point.

lol why is that my job? I'm not in the argument

You can't because you're the ultimate mental midget, all of your counter arguments were deflections, moving goalposts and over-generalizations.
Remember this day as the day hip-hop has been truly thoroughly BTFO.
Toodles sweetie

Whiter than you Achmed

RYM IS A FUCKING JOKE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIES

I'm finnish and rap is huge here? I personally dislike it though.

No