Why does everyone love this """"""film""""" so much...

Why does everyone love this """"""film""""" so much? It's just a thug kid who grows up getting handjobs from his best friend, and goes home to his crack head mother. Like there's no narrative at all. It's just apart of the A24 reddit circlejerk.

I don't understand the point either. It shows us hood life and gay black dudes and that's it. nothing to chew on really.

I haven't seen the film, it could be shit for all I know. But why does there have to be narrative in a film?

(((they))) are trying really hard to get blacks to accept fags

>implying kino needs a narrative
not that this shitty gaynigger flick is kino

I didn't like the way it tried to be a Terrence Malick movie at times.

Yeah there wasn't a single explosion. Not hella f*ckin epic at all!!

Is that really what that film is about?

I'd say more but last time I spoke about African-American people I got banned.

Its the homosexual agenda. They are trying to break the last masculine men in America as they have done with every other race.

is that independent of the jew agenda?

When he smashed the bully with the chair was pretty epic mfer

>wahhhh my nigkino didn't have epic gun fights wahhhhh

can't wait for this to win best picture lmao

>Sup Forums """arguments"""

I'm not arguing. I'm mocking.

I don't get it either, it feels like barely anything happens in the movie, the main character is boring, and it just fizzles out in the end.

The movie is based off a play written by a drama student based off his own life.

sex scenes are just as lowbrow and pandering as explosions

Why u defendin Tyrone, he hate you whyt boi

1st section was legitimately great thanks to the kid and the actor who played the drug dealer

2nd was the worst, mainly because Kevin beating him up was super-contrived, it was obvious that the writer prioritized getting another victimization scene over telling an organic story

3rd was fine but nothing special

>this is the story of a lifetime
true because it's a biopic, but we're all supposed to think that it's wow so deep bro. a black faggot.

this is what passes for oscar bait nowadays. a movie about homosexual cowboys is just passe now.

Chiron went from sensitive bullied kid who didn't realize yet his sexuality was why he was bullied, only to be taken in by a drug dealer who represented a false masculinity (and it was implied he was bi-sexual when Janelle Monae was not sitting on his face with those heavy tits and fat ass), which Chiron did not understand.
Chiron in the second act is the easily bullied gay kid in school and doesn't do himself any favours by trying to dress the look with baggy pants etc. He also saw where Juan's lifestyle got him-- dead on a corner for nothing. After he retaliates on the bully he is sent into the system, and surprise, the only way he can survive is becoming a charicature of masculinity- gold fronts, hot jacked body, Buick Regal and a gun.
And still it isn't who he is. It is only until he meets Kevin again that he can start to drop the act

> Kevin beating him up was super-contrived, it was obvious that the writer prioritized getting another victimization scene over telling an organic story

How? He's in high school, people pressure each other to do shit all the time. It also fits with the recurring conflict of the movie where we are pressured by society to do things to fit in an acceptable image. It's not just "muh gay victimization" it makes sense given the context of the film, which deals heavily in that.

What are some other Best Picture nominees you never intend to see? From past years as well

>A24
But it's the Brad Pitt cuckflick from Plan B just like 12 Years A Slave

DUDE NIGGER FAGGOTS LMAO

The self-congratulatory one about priests who diddled kids and the oh-so-brave reporters who blew the lid on it.

All those priests got shuffled into new churches, maybe one did hard time, wow big fucking whoop. JUSTICE SERVED.

>gangsta character gets maybe 5 minutes of screentime
>goes over to Kevin's table
>talks to him for a couple of minutes
>that's all it takes for him to beat up his friend/lover

Not saying that the idea itself didn't necessarily work, but the whole thing was super rushed and undercooked

>It's just a thug kid who grows up getting handjobs from his best friend, and goes home to his crack head mother. Like there's no narrative at all.
Sounds pretty dope. I'll have to check it out. Thanks m8!

>and it was implied he was bi-sexual when Janelle Monae was not sitting on his face with those heavy tits and fat ass
what? when? how? And Janelle Monae doesn't have heavy tits or a fat ass.

I felt it was too simplistic. I couldn't find the characters interesting. He had great six packs though.

The entire middle section of the movie was rushed, but it would've made more sense for Kevin not fight him.

>he hasn't watched the movie

I did, but that was back in November when it came out.

plot babbys detected.
I suggest maybe sticking to capeshit

great argument

>gay romance is better than explosions because ____________

It a lot better than "I can't understand characterization and emotional content unless it's funneled through a conventional plot arc."
Seriously, I get that's it's a cliche and a meme on here, but if you couldn't understand this movie, you should stick to flicks.

Literally how the fuck is it such a wild request for a movie in the best picture scene to fucking tell a story??

It did tell a story. You must have missed have not seen it.

Tell me where do the gay handjobs fit in here?

The movie is easy to understand, what's not easy to understand is why it's considered so special and groundbreaking.
I think Moonlight handles it's critique of masculinity very poorly.

>he needs a conventional plot arc in order to understand it.
Rising action. And there's only one gay handjob which is further proof that you haven't seen it.

Not even who you're talking to. I didn't love the movie either, but gay handjobs is obviously part of the rising action, the climax of the film is Kevin punching Chiron.

You're a complete dumbass.

Are you in your first semester of film school or something?

It's a poor critique of masculinity because it isn't a critique of masculinity at all. It's about dealing with and suppressing (and not suppressing) sexual and emotional urges that every aspect of your environment tells you is wrong. And it handles that subtly and gracefully.

Damn I didn't even come into this thread thinking I'd learn something. Well done gentleman.

>muh narrative
back to Sup Forums

This whole graph is literally what happens during a gay handjob.

I've been reading people's thoughts on the movie and reviews trying to figure out why people loved it so much, and almost every single time how the movie subverts masculinity is brought up, which confused me.
>It's about dealing with and suppressing (and not suppressing) sexual and emotional urges that every aspect of your environment tells you is wrong.
As obvious as that should've been it didn't click in my head until reading your post. I want to rewatch the movie now and pay more attention to the way Chiron talks and moves, especially teenage Chiron. Thank you, user, I feel like a dumbass.

kek subtle joke

GUILT TRIP ME SENPAI YES KINO GUILT YES

Doesn't look like it has great visuals either. So what is this then? Are people just enjoying the world of handjobs and crack so much?

It's nice to have another confirmation that the biggest plebs on Sup Forums are just Sup Forumsbabies who escaped from their containment board.

It's one arm of the jewish agenda.

it's bad enough that they're niggers, but now they're raping eachother and creating gays

THIS MUST BE STOPPED

>most gays are gay because of sexual trauma

Okay. What's your argument for the remaining 110 minutes of the film?

It's the story of Gangsta Fag.

RUN FROM THE FAGGOT RUN FROM THE FAGGOT

Are you so simple that you can't conceive the possibility that the maybe the movie isn't about "justice being served"?

I GUESS YOU PICKED THE WRONG FUCKING FAG TO FUCK WITH

For fuck's sake you literally just admitted you haven't seen the movie, why are you on here arguing about it?

This fucking board.

Not him but I saw it. Oscar bait garbage.

At least you have a leg to stand on. I'm not gonna try to convince you it was good, but it's clear a good number of the people ITT shitting on the movie haven't seen it.

The film was alright, nothing special but better than a lot of Oscar bait films. What's really annoying is how liberal cucks go on about how "important" and "powerful" it is because it's about gay "black bodies". When I saw the film opening weekend they brought a black guy out beforehand to speak to the audience about how deep the film is and to keep an open mind and that ignorant people wouldn't get it, really stupid shit.

It was a good movie but it was super gay. I almost walked out of the theater during the handjob. The only reason I stayed was because the next movie didn't start for another hour and I don't like wasting money. I'm glad I did stay though because the third act was good. I was expecting some X rated anal scene toward the end and I'm glad they didn't do it. The cinematography, acting, etc was all fine. But at the end of the day it's still a gay nigger movie made to win academy awards.

So was the 400 blows, your point?

>people don't understand this is a joke

It's so deep doe, fukkin da HARD street drama n damn gay nigga really show we hads a soft insensitive side

Why on earth would anyone watch a move e about about a gay nigger?

>gay
>nigger

it fills the diversity quota twice over.

if (((they))) try to MAKE them fags, i don't mind at all

required for membership

Unironically the best film of the year.