Finn Wolfhard’s band Calpurnia just put out their first single

Finn Wolfhard’s band Calpurnia just put out their first single.
Spoilers: it’s fucking garbage

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1XsGHcgnjsY
youtube.com/watch?v=nCWKrEA4FBw
youtube.com/watch?v=hF_-5pZ_kxY
youtube.com/watch?v=KWn-3PKCiLs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can't wait for this 12 year-old's shitty music to be ironically shilled here in 10 threads a day, and those threads to be half-filled with pedoposting about the girl

They don’t even need to, Twitter is fucking all tumblr fangirls talking about how they’re “so talented!”
Yeah sorry that people like me have to tucking play 100s of Shows and make 100s of songs before we even get a look at to get signed to a label but some dumb child star can do it at the snap of
their fingers. It’s insulting especially due to the fact that it’s an indie label pushing their shit. Bunch of fucking sellouts

Oh look, it's another band full of trust-fund children who are only popular because their parents paid for it

what is this, a Sup Forums crossover episode?

youtube.com/watch?v=1XsGHcgnjsY

literally polished bandcamp-tier garbage

It sounds great

More like he's paying his parents, he's already be in the most popular movie and show at 13

>when i walk around my room
>there is nothing else to say
>when i walk around my room
>everything will be okay
>i am a city boy
>you are my girl

Jesus christ, this is awful.

I thought it'd be terrible judging by OP's reaction
But's actually pretty good for what they're doing.

>fat virgin getting this jealous of a 14 year old

Let's see what you've produced that's half as decent as this.

Im scared to look at the comments

just lessened to the song. really forgettable but this bad will be popular because he is.

hopefully they release some thing with some more bite.

What's wrong with you people?

i made better music at his age

Deerhunter meets Dinosaur Jr.
8.2 BNM

why don’t you become a chicks star then, fagface

let's hear it then

>about the girl
>girl
lol

they're like 12 chill lol

>Well, I talk about boys
>Don't ya know I mean boys
>Well, I talk about boys, now
>Aaahhh, boys
>Well, I talk about boys, now
>What a bundle of joy
Jesus christ, this is awful.

Sup Forums BTFO

>i study music and music theory in college and this is good music.
I guess that's it settled then

so......this...is the...."power".... of theory.....wow

>girl
its not actually lavren lmao

I said it's pretty good for what they're aiming for,
It's exactly the kind of music the teens would be hearing on spotify, which is most of his fanbase

CERTIFIED

ok i guess thats fair
*kisses u on the cheek*

jesus, faggots, these are literally fucking preteens messing around. Of course theyre not gonna do anything experimental. Its just a cute ditty

That's not even a Beatles original song lmao, they covered that, you retard. Do your job and post some actual shitty Beatles lyrics, because there definitely are some.

1/10 for eFfort

Woah how did you know that? Did you study music in Cambridge? Tell me more sanpai

They're not preteens you lying piece of shit. They're at least 14-15. When I was that age I was playing fucking Lizst.

I don't mind this.

It's a bit generic, but for a 15 year old this could be a lot worse. He's got talent.

No, I just have an encyclopedic knowledge of The Beatles catalog.

>I was playing fucking Lizst.
>thinking this is something to be smug about and if it has anything to do with making original songs in a band

Judging by this I can tell you're retarded and have very little achievement in your life.

Pathetic pseud piece of shit

not bad. perfect his audience.
6/10

awful lyrics, lazy production, uninspired composition
sound like bedroom indie rawk that wouldn't get more than 3 downloads if it was published by anyone else
im mad as fuck

>jealous rock playing guitarfags

Not surprised desu.

>being this cynical
This is exactly the attitude why you'll always fail.
It's fucking 2018, any jerk off can publish their works on youtube and shill on the internet , if it's good people will listen to it
Stop making lazy excuse to why you failed

>>if it's good people will listen to i

>t. retard who doesn't know how youtube algorithms work

youtube.com/watch?v=nCWKrEA4FBw

This is pretty cute

I’ve posted it here before and Sup Forums generally enjoyed it so I’m not saying this shit blindly
Because that shit is boring and depresses me. I’d rather make music that people who listen to my kind of music enjoy.
I have no issue with him becoming a musician. What I have an issue with is a respected indie label that releases for acts like Alvvays, US Girls, Metz and PUP releasing this generic garbage that goes against everything the label stands for because it’s a money maker.
I hope the EP is better because I can’t dig this at all and I love garage pop.

>track title - artist

This is how you know they're plebs.

production needs so much work
I know they were going for the mono/garageband/indie shit, but even those bands never mono all of their tracks. this could have been a solid summer pop track

still haven't seen you posting any tracks

No thanks, if I did that would be bad because I’d rather not be blacklisted in the Canadian scene.

completely unremarkable generic and uninspired but nothing about it shouts awful.

YOOOOO I heard the canadian scene is sjw as FUCK. Is it true? Is it true that they try to be "all inclusive" or whatever the fuck terms they use?

>I’ve posted it here before and Sup Forums generally enjoyed it
>I can't post it now because I’d rather not be blacklisted

First off chill with the caps lock for cruise control.
Second yes the scene in Toronto, Montreal and the bigger college towns are at least kinda SJW but I’m pretty sure that’s music in general since performing arts have always been dominated by liberal ideas. However for the most part I find people usually come to enjoy some chill music and have some pints with friends and that’s the kind of crowds I enjoy playing for, people who want to relax and listen and just sit back and enjoy. Chaotic shows are not my style unless we’re talking about Ariel Pink style of chaos. I think the more blatantly political stuff is in the punk/hard rock scene for obvious reasons.

Talking shit about local artists and labels is not cool and would basically kill any chances we had to get signed. Also Royal Mountain outside of this is usually cool despite the fact that Hollerado (the band who runs the label) are total Bill Maher-tier vocal liberals who tweet about Trump every fucking month and it’s annoying.

>nd would basically kill any chances we had to get signed
lol don't even worry about it
youtube.com/watch?v=hF_-5pZ_kxY

How dare you use Tommy-senpai in such a shitposting manner!

YOOOOOOOOOO BROOOOOOO I KNEWWWWW ITTTT

The song is just a okay but Finn is based and his voice is cute so a 8/10 from me.

How the fuck is this anything like Deerhunter?

more like Soy Boy

You know what on re-listen this literally sounds like power pop shit I made with my friends in like 2012 when I was 17. However they need a better vocalist because whoever is singing does not fit the mood song, needs a more warm, tenor voice.

I think it's more because he's friends with Mac Demarco and Dan Avidan and were in a couple music videos of PUP

Filthy fucking animeposter

Shut up you sick fuck.

dumb frogposter

Fucking newfag doesnt know the difference between sadfrog and get out frog

I know it's you Calder

What kind of fucking name is Calder?

>trying this hard to pretend it's not you

lmao chill alex nobody cares

No seriously none of those are my first name

Not bad I like it.
Better than the stuff made by most of the actor to musician people

dumb get out frogposter

Dumb sick fuck anime pedo poster. Kill yourself.

>why aren't these kids who is doing it for the first time aren't as good as the established musicians

Dumb pretentious faggots, this board is shit

pedo

t. Finn

>a signed band isn’t as good as unsigned amateur underground artists
>hurr they’re just kids give them a break!
They chose to sign to a label and put on big boy pants so they can deal with the criticism of being indie artists.

Like Deerhunter, it's also trash

They're literally just kids having fun lol chill op

Maybe if noise were a real genre you'd be popular sorry you're jealous

They signed them because it's marketable and he's friends with the artists there
Blame yourself for not being a famous actor

Ah yes, the kpop mindset

Maybe if music was a valid hobby, you'd have a gf.

At least Cryptograms was decent.

This.

And I can bet these kids will improve a lot later giving them a few years. The experience they could get from actually recording a studio record is much more than you neckbeards making your vaporwave dubstep tracks for a decade

Except if he was going for that he’d sign to a major. If he wants to play musician then he should make better music. I understand the reasoning for anyone to sign him but I wish it wasn’t an indie label who are supposedly proud of making quality artists and not trash like this. Sorry for having some standards and not loving this shitty uninspired power pop. Maybe they’ll get better and I’ll go to their shows but until then I’d rather stay away.

>Maybe they’ll get better and I’ll go to their shows

Jesus Christ grow a fucking spine.

>thinking anyone cares about what you think
Can you sound more self-important?

Speak for yourself. I don't care what you think, and I'm sure the user you're replying to doesn't care either.

god I fucking hate that kid. he's a terrible actor too

there are 55 bands who sound exactly like this in every college town

Then why did you reply if my words mean nothing cunt? Grow a spine.

> Maybe they’ll get better and I’ll go to their shows

LMAO I'm sure they'll be thrilled to see you fucking mozart
At least those kids are humble and self aware, maybe that's the reason why royal mountain signed them and not you ;^)

kek

It’s pretty inoffensive as far as music made by teenagers go

lol you could just star in a tv show like he did, man its easy

>more original than 5SOS
That’s not really saying much

Honestly I could listen to this in the background if I ignored the lyrics and the fact that bugface is singing. Not horrendous by any means

>LMAO
>;^)
Back to Sup Forums normalfag. Finn isn’t going to let you suck his dick for defending his shitty music online.

here come the waifu threads

I could forgive him cause he's a great actor and made IT enjoyable

No.

Im a big fan of RMR (the label), if I had to guess hes this guy

youtube.com/watch?v=KWn-3PKCiLs