When did you realize that The Force Awakens was far superior to Rogue One

When did you realize that The Force Awakens was far superior to Rogue One.

Right after my doctor informed me i had down syndrome

/thread

They're both not great but TFA isn't better, I remember cringing in the theater as I watched it because it was so similar to ANH

OP ded

kek

but seriously, when i realized i couldn't remember gun guy's or blind guy's name, or where "little sister" came from, or why saul didn't even have a fookin role

When did you realize that Star Wars, after the first two films, have been one cheese fest worse than the last. The Force Awakens should have been called The Force Remakens because was nothing more than an inferior remake of the original 1977 film.

Starting with 1983's Return of the Jedi, Star Wars has been a corporate distillation of all the checkbox ticking possible. The story is weak and shallow. The characters are bland and uninspiring. The films are forgetful cheese-o-rama's.

Tfw someone with downs has better taste than most of Sup Forums

About halfway through rogue 1

First post, best post.

Rogue One was shit, but the TFA was absolutely horrendous.

They're both great, especially when compared to the dreadful prequels

My Star Wars marathons will now be R1, then the OT, then 7, 8, and 9

I hope the Han Solo movie is good

kek

Kek wills it.

Reddit embodied in one post

They're both serviceable space fantasy/science fiction movies for children with huge flaws.

>watching 1991 BBC Horizon documentary on virtual reality
>this guy shows up saying he's incredulous that virtual worlds created by computer engineers are real enough, that they are crude and lack enough details to be photo realistic

>then they show his name

that isn't saying much though, the prequels were better than anything Disney has put out so far

It's the other way around, at least TFA is a coherent movie. The first half of R1 is almost unwatchable

Thats like arguing about about which is the best disease to get between cancer and aids ?

aids, clearly.

What's wrong with the book death of the west ? I've just bought it and haven't started reading yet.

nothing, look at the image more carefully

Near the start of Rogue One when it started jumping from planet to planet (each with an on-screen name). It was clear then that the movie was a fucking mess. Then it got okay in the third act but the damage was already done.

TFA had plenty of problems but it wasn't downright amateurish like 70% of Rogue One.

Throughout the entire movie the only thing it really had going for it was how great it looked. The action was good, the set pieces were well designed. The rebel fight in the arab city actually seemed like real rebel insurgence with ied's and shit. And the droid was pretty funny. Other than that it doesn't really deserve any praise.

EXCEPT for the ending. Vader in that dark room with the helpless screams is top 3 best shots ever put in a Star Wars film.

When I saw Rogue One.