ITT: Your favourite album and your relationship with your father

>he doesn't get me

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PNzfIPN4zG4
youtu.be/2V2abwkiRvk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>excellent, we've always been close but now more than ever - which I like, as he has a terminal illness

I hope your father pulls through, user.

>Haven't talked to him in over 5 years

lmao

Very supportive and caring. Doesn't really know much about my interests though.

I don't think we're as close as we should be, but it's pretty great nonetheless and always have fun when we're together. He also got me into Pink Floyd. His favourite is the Final Cut though and now it's impossible for me to hate that record.

same as this user

Great

He's always been the only one in the family that loves me unconditionally. I'm sad he's getting so old, and I live too far away to see him regularly.

pretty good, there's always been a certain distance though. I'm way closer to my mother

Distant and cold, we never really connected

Btw this thread seems to be a way to find girls with good taste in music and daddy issues lmao

On good terms, but very distant. Haven't spoken to him in 3 months and I haven't seen him in over a year.

He molested/raped me several times as a kid and beat the shit out of my mother. I haven't seen him in over a decade, but I hope he's dead.

He stole stuff from me to make, sell, and buy meth. I haven't talked to him in like 4 or 5 years.

Filth being your favorite album makes sense then

Strange. I hate the way he treats my mother and will never forgive him for domestically abusing her for years. I often had to act as a barrier to fend him off my mother from the age of around 9. He used to actually hit her when I went away to college, in front of my younger brother. Got in a fight with him once after he screamed at the little bro for no reason.

I either hate him or I feel sorry for him, as he's just continuing the cycle of abuse, unconsciously. We only talk about sports. He showed me exactly how to live my life by living as an example of what not to be.

He thinks I'm cool, but not very talkative, we both like watching football together

I resemble him a lot. He's suffered from a depression-like illness for a large part of his life, and when he started recognizing the same problems in me, he's really helped me to understand my illness and learn to cope with it. Probably the only person on this planet I feel I can fully relate to. He's got some serious personality flaws but recognizing them in him, and how they've affected him have helped me gain a better understanding of how I can overall be a more assertive and confident person.
I guess our relationship used to be sort of distant before that, as we're both prone to pushing people away, but I like to think we're on good terms for the most part.

not bait, but thanks for expressing your concern...

love "untitled" desu

When I was 13 I touched my dad's dick while he was sleeping. Also touched his ass a lot.
Now I'm gay and my boyfriend doubles my age. Needless to say, we never discuss anything about my sexuality with my father...

Pic related, the last album I fell in love with (not necessarily my favorite album ever):
youtube.com/watch?v=PNzfIPN4zG4

>terminal illness
>hope he pulls through
oh, you're just retarded then

I unironically love my father. He's a manly man with a kind heart, supportive, passionate and suicidal.

Never got to know him. The Divorce rocked his foundation and he was never the same after. Never made many friends after watching all of it go down how it did. I just want my Old Man back.

I was the initial poster, I was thinking you replied to me so I was confused

>we're starting to get each other

I thought the same but I didn't want to sound rude

yeah, i think i misused the bait picture. sorry about that. i know what it's like, my mother has a terminal illness. it's not gonna get her any time soon, but she's never gonna lose it
yeah i thought it might've been subtle bait

My dad and I have always been pretty close, but it wasn’t until recently that we became extremely close. My parents have been going through a divorce for the past 2-3 years and I don’t get to see him that much anymore. For that reason, I started going to his apartment every day to see him after school. The whole situation hurts a lot and I came across this album when it all started crashing down on me. The song “Father and Son” was the first song that ever made me cry. It may not be my favorite album, but it’s a really special reminder of my dad.

A bit distant at sometimes but we get along really well and have the same sense of humor, he's a good man despite his inner demons

>he treats me as someone I’m not

Good, but we're kinda distant from one another

Same favorite
Relationship with dad is very good, though we don't talk about my interests a lot

I wonder why. Slint is shit.

Conflicted.

He cheated on my mom for years and they finally divorced this past May. His gf is a sketchy Brazilian woman with a "vehicular manslaughter" charge in her home country (my uncle showed me the actual records). She acts like a poor disadvantaged immigrant but has a circle of millionaire friends in London and NY, who no doubt played a part in getting her to the U.S.

When my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer (parents were still together then), she told my father: "You're stuck with her now." And he *chose* to be with that woman.

So that's why I'm conflicted. He's financially and emotionally supportive on a father-son basis, but there's a shitty, narcissistic side to him.

We've always had a great relationship since I was a kid, but not as much lately. Becoming more religious has made him a better person in a lot of ways, but it has put a strain on our relationship because he has a problem with me being an atheist. He was also in the military and frequently suggests that I join the military. In terms of music, we have a lot in common, but he's more into rock he can air guitar to than some of the whiny emo shit I listen to.

my dad is always away working and when we talk it's always short conversations
yes I still live with my parents

good

>he bores me

Either this or pic related.
My dad has always been pretty emotionally shut off, he's never been there for me in that way but I know he's like that towards everyone most probably as a result of his upbringing so it's not that he doesn't care. For the most part we have a good relationship now but I'm a lot more open with my mother.

Love my dad, but he's the epitome of proto-soyboy, devout-catholic boomer and if we'd agree on most things, he'd be disgusted by my fewer, less popular ideas.

he's a narcissistic sociopath who comes from a family of narcissistic sociopaths. infantilizing, manipulative, abusive towards my mother, (whom he cheated on) cold, isolated, barely any friends left since he burned bridges with everybody. very sick man; i try to avoid him as much as possible but it's quite difficult.

learning about narcissism/sociopathy helps -- knowledge is power against these demons.

i refuse to have children out of fear that i may have adopted many of his traits, and i'd rather die than continue his streak.

>quite overbearing but supportive. now that i've been on my own for a while that's less of a source of tension between us.

he only talked to me when I did something wrong to scold me, thought I was a living failure and made that very obvious all my life.

He's dead now though so that's pretty cool I guess

Don't feel like pulling up a picture but it's Science Fiction by Ornette Coleman. My dad has encyclopedic knowledge about a lot of subjects and has had a huge influence in my life and has shaped many of my interests and my desire to learn more. He also has incredible taste in music, knows more about modern and past music than I would assume most of this board does. Love my dad so much I haven't seen him in like 6 months now and wow I'm drunk huh

My dad is cooler than your dad.

We talk rarely about anything exciting, only school.
He never tried to be an actual father with me, I mean never gave me any talk about life or tried to find another way to teach me about things I did wrong, only getting mad at me and yelling. He has supported me a lot with school and has fulfilled a lot of my wishes and I am thankful for that, but he never tried to get close to me and understand me.
sup ride
damn

I have a complicated relationship with him. He's the only person in my family who cares about me. But he's a horrible dad. I love him and he's always tried his best. But he's never been a good father. I think it's because his father died when he was 3 years old and his older brothers beat the shit out of him. I would never say this stuff to his face though. The past year or so he's been so much happier and it's been great, however when I was a child he had major anger issues. He basically did nothing but scream and work for the first 10 years of my life. I want to be nothing like him and exactly like him all at the same time. I love you dad, but you fucked me up almost as much as my mom and my sister did.

Same album.
I have a lot of contempt for him for being a bad father. He’s not a bad person but he is a terrible father. He hurt me a lot, and he still does to this day. He doesn’t seem to care about being a good father figure whatsoever and he never shows that he cares for me, it’s just empty words.

He sounds like a good guy. My dad is the same except he has never gone out of his way to talk about it and help me understand anything.

>i refuse to have children out of fear that i may have adopted many of his traits, and i'd rather die than continue his streak.

same here. i promise myself if i ever have kids i won't be like him, but part of me does not want to take the risk. flashes of him come out in me when i'm mad, and it makes my want to kms.

you stole my album, you mongrel.
my relationship is the sad old case of wanting space but also needing a roof to sleep under. he's an excellent man that'll always have my back, yet he can be overbearing at times. it's hard to put into words sometimes

Tends to be over hostile and blow things way out of proportion. Constantly invaded my privacy and did nothing but get pissy with me

>he was a drug addict and abusive towards my mom and older sister, but he got it under control after the divorce. We keep somewhat in touch but there's not much of a connection.

Same fave

We bond iver a lot of stuff and talk a lot, though I’m a lot glider with my mom

What do you mean you're a lot glider?

>>he doesn't get me
Are you one of these special kids who think they're "different" by acting like a mentally retarded spastic, and everyone who criticizes this idiotic behaviour "just doesn't get you"?

Oh god, I knew someone like this. I was one of his only friends because he'd constantly ruin his relationships with other people. He was extremely arrogant and thought he had the best personality and was better than everyone and other people just couldn't handle his greatness. He wouldn't understand that if other people can't handle him, that's on him, not other people. I finally decided to drop him because he was a constant source of drama. If anyone here is like this, please realize, it's you.

He used to be very violent and used to hit me and brothers at times he broke my bros nose, my oldest brother got it worst. My dad got better after he divorced my mum and got remarried, i don't see him often but we get on for the most part even though i resent him slightly for what he used to be like when i was a kid.

My dad and I don't really talk at all. He's a super rad dude and influenced my music taste so much. He was, and still is, in a blues/hard rock band, so there was a lot of music always around me. My dad made me into music nerd because he was one.

My parents have been divorced since a year after I was born so we visited him three times a week. One day, when I was 11, he said he didn't want to see us anymore. He's tried to get back in touch over the years, but that's a deep cut that I don't think will ever heal. He was my idol and such a strong influence on my personality and the things I love, so it hurt a lot knowing he didn't want me around anymore. We're still friends on social media, and I went to a funeral that he was there at, but that's about the extent of our relationship. I love the man, but there's a lot of bad feelings.

This.
What a nice cringe thread you've put together here, OP.

dead, but i loved him

The only cringey thing about this thread is you, you fucking tripfag prick.

Great, but calls my music taste pretty lame and is kinda dissapointed i dont like his superior music that much (dead kennedys, bad religion, sex pistols, iggy pop,...)

raped
youtu.be/2V2abwkiRvk

>sub par. He's very old fashioned in all the worst ways. We just don't connect on a lot of levels, but he's getting up there in age. I don't hate him but I don't really like him too much. I'm a total mamas boy though.

He's important to me. He's a quiet and simple person, and we get along well. He and my mom never really were together and broke up before I was born but when I was about 10 he remarried and made me some siblings. He is also a big music fan and a LP collector and he showed me a lot of good stuff when I was little.

I don't have a favorite album so my current favorite will have to do

this

We get along great. He's not very talkative and is a bit of an idiot, but I love him.

Decent, but it would probably fall apart if he knew more about me

>showed me exactly how to live my life by living as an example of what not to be
This. Favorite album is Swans are Dead

It's whatever. He would hate me if he knew me at a deeper level.

>Kid A
>He was deathly ill his whole life yet taught me great lessons. His favorite album was Michael Jacksons' Bad

Great. He has introduced me to a lot of great music and some of my hobbies like skating and photography. Pretty much introduced me to post punk, new wave, and a lot of other great stuff. I think he was pretty much me in the 80s.

>would probably fall apart if he knew more about me
>would hate me if he knew me at a deeper level
I obviously don't know your dads, but you'd be surprised how understanding parents can be. It's not like you're just some random dude they know, you're their kid.

Neither him nor my mom really know me that well. When i did bad in school they would tell me one thing, then go back to drinking and drugs. Dad's a heavy alcoholic, likes to fight everyone when he's drunk. My nose being broken cause dad, mom losing job and being emotional about my dead brother just shit I had to deal with while trying to figure out what i wanted in life. They can fuck right off. Only want to connect now because I'm all they have left for one of thier children to have a normal life but didn't give a fuck about me when i needed guidance. Life is now hard cause all i did as a teen was stay in bed depressed af while no one did anything. Idk I'm just glad i got out of high school. Wish i could cut them off completely and start over with something different.

Pretty bad. Constant abuse since childhood. Told me several times he regrets having me as his son and would rather have me dead. Death threats, suicide threats, etc. His relationship with his dad is nonexistant and his mother died when he was young. A shame he couldn't bear with the pain to give his sons a happy life.

He wound up in jail when I was an infant, then ran away as soon as his sentence was up.

>very good since he got sober a few years back

fantastic, I love him, he employed me for my first job.

The Jews are a thing. Why keep the people from such greatness?

Oh, did you get a small loan of a million dollars too?

nah, I'm sorry you're jealous you had to work at mcdonalds though

Same

You're just jealous I'm a chef.

not at all, I hope you had a good relationship with your father so that he would be proud of you.

>favourite album
Right now, its probably Can - Future Days
>relationship with my father
I love him, a lot. He's not a perfect man, but he's my dad and he's done a lot for me. Right now he's abroad working on his business, I'm moving out of home to start my first job after graduating uni and I'm really excited to see him. I told him that I don't want to start work and leave home without him there to send me off and wish me luck, this was really hard for me to say because I don't really have this kind of verbal relationship with my dad. Perhaps I should, because heartfelt moments between fathers and children in books/films always get me. Its the same with my grandfather, I love them both. Ty for reading my blog

Find an album for me Sup Forums.

My dad is a workaholic. I still live in my parents house, 20 years old. I havent talked to my dad in 3-4 years after i left school. Only about work (i work only 3 months a year)

>never knew him

>It's always been awkward between us but we love each other to death

Same as

Into my early teens he was like a brother to me, it used to weird me out sometimes because we were basically friends while my other friends had distant or very hierarchical relationships with their fathers. Then something happened, like a switch went off and his personality did a 180. He abruptly divorced my mom (still don't know why), got back into drinking and drugs, started serial dating, and treated me and my sister very poorly, like we weren't a part of his life anymore. We saw him maybe once a week at most after the divorce and when we did see him he was either hung over, angry, or just mean, never like he used to be or even close to it so we tried to see him less. I still can't really look past that, I forgive him but I don't think our relationship will ever be remotely the same again and that hurts in a way I can't describe. I still love him but if someone were to call me and tell me he died I don't think it would have any serious affect on me, in truth I think it might actually relieve me. One day in the future I hope we can sit down with a few beers and he can explain it all to me, but I don't think that will happen.

I really love him, and he's been good to my family... but he's kind of stupid sometimes and that can be depressing.

sorry bro. :/

I relate to this feel, but more importantly CROWDED HOUSE IS THE SHIT thank you for posting.

my dad is fucking epic

YO SAME

the number of words i've spoken with him pretty much less than total times i've masturbated in my whole life

>my dad's great but he refuses to speak english so i have to juggle between portugese and english