Is prog rock the most uncool genre on Sup Forums?

Is prog rock the most uncool genre on Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/the-whitest-music-ever/534174/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No. It's actually the coolest.

Anti prog = anti white

are you fucking high?

It's the uncoolest genre anywhere

It's for nerds, by nerds

Prog fans suffer more than the US marines

That's a cool pic user, which means prog is the coolest *cool sunglasses emoji*

Yes, but that doesn't take away from it's quality at all. Music shouldn't have to rely on style to be good. Prog is about the MUSIC

You're a manchild if you enjoy a genre with twenty minute songs about dark elves

Nah that goes to metal.

This. That's what makes it so great though. The truly great prog rockers, you can hear their passion in their music.

>you can hear their passion in their music.
tons of wank =/= passion

by Sup Forums's taste, modern prog is the most uncool genre

Kpop is more reviled here

Yes. High on Mellotrons, drum solos and Tony Bank's keyboards.

absolutely fucking based

the only groups that take it overboard are ELP and Yes's later albums, and a lot of people dont actually like that stuff.
I hate when people who havent listened to the genre just quote reviewers and buzz words cause they think it makes them sound smart

You haven't ever listened to prog have you.

Post rock is slightly worse

Prog is proto-electro swing

Sup Forums is a bunch of pedos wanking to underage pics of grimes
In comparison I feel much better off listening to the uncool genre

you must really dislike Sup Forums then

we always high senpai

Sup Forums is one of the most uncool places on the internet, so i don't we have any juristiction over whats concidered cool and not.

There has been dislike for it since the 70s because it required brains. But most people screech butthurt when they hear that, because it's "snobbish" to say a band whose musicians studied music understands more about music than some smacked up dudes playing power chords and singing about anarchy. Zappa's Tinsel Town Rebellion sums it up nicely. It's easier for labels to get a random loser on some street corner and throw him in a studio after he learns a couple power chords than finding skilled musicians. They also have much more leverage over the street dude, much more profitable for them.
Also:
>theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/09/the-whitest-music-ever/534174/

Thank god i am on the side with good taste.

Probably but it’s my fucking favorite. I’ll never understand how so many people here wank over Godspeed you black emperor but hate prog. (Love both though, post rock is the logical next step from prog)