God damn they really cant let this Rogue One fucking go can they?

god damn they really cant let this Rogue One fucking go can they?

didnt it come out like last year?

They think the only thing going for them is hating on Star Wars

and yet they praised force awakens

>doesn't get Star Wars
That's coming from guys who said that Star Wars universe is too narrow for movies that are not copies of OT. Yeah, they understand a lot.

They're unironically OT fanboys. They're the retards who pissed themselves when Harrison Ford stumbled into frame.

I remember Mike complaing there was no interracial kiss in that kids movie

>uses Sup Forums
>doesn't understand the concept of baiting

based Randy Quaid

he will finally get the justice he's been looking for

wait wut?

which movie and what scene?

>IT'S THE CHARACTERS

Meme.

>he asks this to a board that can't let memes from years ago die

That's a pretty big screen cap.

Yeah, he wanted it to go full blacked.com, when everybody can see Hollywood are going the gay route with black characters now.

>characters are a meme

>the wrap

>hurr didnt this come out last year xD get it because it came out last month and its currently 2017 lol im so clever

Kill yourself, OP. You're literally as bad as teachers who would say "See you next year! :^)" when they let you go on winter break

>high school anecdote
Don't you have to wake up early for school tomorrow Jimbo?

Enough about Rogue One, lets talk about the inauguration

Nah go to the politics board for that.

No you see it was a joke about a trump tweet being needlessly shoehorned into OP's screencap

Before their Rogue One review the RLM crew thought their opinions on Star Wars were the word of the pope. Now that their opinions have been proven wrong they're trying to save face by damage controlling hard. Now all of a sudden they agree with these clickbait articles that they were originally so against since they reinforce their wrong opinions.

>randy quaid

It's there because of Randy Quaid.

You are a perfect embodiment of this thread.

they said it was good for a reboot

I saw ROTJ in theaters back in 1983 as a kid. It was a double-bill with the shitty sci-fi flick Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone. Looks like the writers of Rogue One were more influenced by Spacehunter than ROTJ which was a shame.

asspained reddit general

rogue 1 still blows, no matter how much time passes, like BvS

you couldn't pay me to sit through rogue one again

Wiiinstooooon....

This. People always forgot this part of Plinkett's review.

>Please remember that there's a built in defense for all of this. "It's like poetry, it rhymes." The old Lucas logic that this kind of history repeats itself, or it's themes, callbacks homage, whatever you want to call it, is somewhat acceptable in this film. But ONLY in this film.

>When I give The Force Awakens a pass for being a quote "play it safe soft reboot" or "just setting the stage" or "reintroducing a new generation to what Star Wars is who may have never seen it", I recall using the same stupid logic with Star Trek: The Star Trek, a film that was a pointless villain of the week movie that basically served the ultimate purpose of getting Kirk into the captain's chair. "Surely they'll take it into a different direction in the next mov-" oh wait, it's just the Wrath of Khan...

>I think Abrams and Disney knew what worked about Star Wars and what people liked about it. Destiny, family, bad guys with big bad plans. Darth Vader-type guy who said more than three words. Battles, adventures, light humor, chases, and most importantly lightsaber battles with emotion. While I appreciate the attempt to recreate the magic of the original Star Wars movies, I thought some tweaking of the storyline would have been beneficial.

they don't forget. its autism fueled willful obtuseness

Star Trek is one thing, but no one needs to be introduced to Star Wars. It's been constantly pushed since the special editions in the late 90s. It's literally never left the the general nerd conscience.

Well their subscribers have been on the rise since they started trashing it

tell that to kanjiklub

This was pretty funny though

Why is IGN still a thing?

They got more subscribers from the Fuck You It's January video

That loses some merit, I think, when Mike blatantly says "I loved it, it was everything I hoped it would be."

They criticized Rogue One for its excessive fan service, all the while giving The Force Awakens a pass for doing the very same thing. In circlejerking the Original Trilogy, they come across as the very Star Wars fans they claim to loathe.

TFA is that much worse because nearly every shot is lifted from somewhere in the OT.

>Know your videos and tweets are triggering fat reddit manchildren who can't handle someone having a different opinion than they do
>Keep bringing the subject of the video up and making more videos about it completely assraping the fat manchildren who are so upset and making mad shekels in the process

One of you fat crying pussies please explain to me how what they are doing is in any way wrong.

>Rogue One for its excessive fan service,

Rogue one
set one month before ANH
same ships and characters somehow fanservice

TFA
30 years after ROTJ
Same fucking ships and characters
Not fanservice

Plinket is a hack

for you

>every time rlm makes a star wars video now they make about 10k per, and you guys keep watching and commenting
they will be making star wars videos every month now until disney stops making the movies probably

DUDE WIMMINZ LMAO

>Rogue one
>set one month before ANH
more like 1 day

why can't disney make something new, like thrawn or kotor

BUT GUYS CHEWBACCA RIPS UNKAR POOPS ARM OFF, hahaha! It's just like that part in A New Hope where they said he'd rip your arms off! Thank you JJ Abrams, you're the best!

Force Awakens really was a lot better than Rogue One, though.

That's factually untrue, though.

They had to introduce Star Wars again as a "safe movie" to go to for people after the shit that was the prequels.

It doesn't matter if everyone knows what it is if no one goes to the theaters to see it. Shekels mate, shekels.

>videogames audience

It's because they know they fucked up with their TFA review but they can't go back on it, so they have to double down on hating Rogue One. Which is stupid, because Rogue One is a serviceable movie which actually feels like Star Wars, whereas TFA is an Abrams-tier cheap imitation which manages to miss the point at almost every turn.

They didn't have to.

It's fucking Star Wars.

That's factually untrue.

when they say that they mean from a marketable perspective.

>Not fanservice
Point me to where they said TFA had no fanservice pls

"It's too similar to ANH" is the only criticism you ever see, and it doesn't even scratch the surface. There's so much more wrong with that movie throughout. The Death Star being completely unnecessary, for example, or the fact that the main plot just resolves itself for no reason.

>most notable line is "I'M BAAAAACK!"
>never goes away
literal pottery

That's factually untrue.

That's factually untrue.

Bait

Is this a trump thread or an RLM thread?

where were you when RLM went full retard

RIP IN PIECES 2004-2017

Why not both?

No it isn't.

Conceptually, Rogue One might be a better movie than Force Awakens but that doesn't matter when the execution is so lackluster. Rogue One had an alright story but terrible writing and terrible pacing. Force Awakens had a fairly bad or at least a fairly derivative story but at least it was executed well.

Rogue One might succeed in presenting the Star War universe from a perspective we haven't seen it yet and fans of the series might get a lot out of it but as a standalone movie, Force Awakens was better.

If they didn't do it then they'd probably lose money from the skeptical fans and people in general. They want every coin they can get.

It kind of backfired on them though after people started realizing that Force Awakens was shit because of it and are now skeptical about VIII.

With those two tag images I can see why you'd have trouble figuring it out.

God damn op really can't let this Red Letter Media fucking go can he?

Didn't the review come out like last year?

STAR DESTROYERS
IM GONNA CUM

Give up, Mike Carolla

They did the prequel reviews years after they had come out and they are still talking about them regularly, and I don't hear you whine about that. Admit that you're just assblasted because you actually liked this one and hearing dissenting opinions makes your fat fanboy body physically hurt

yes they did. the prequels badly damaged the star wars brand

Yeah in IMAX, the force awakens felt like money on the screen, the quailty was 10/10 besides the acting and story, but the film quailty, sounds were really nice.

Rouge one felt much cheaper for some reason, rouge one was dull untill the end, but I've already forgotten everything besides the vader scene.

I just waned rouge one to be an actual war film like they said it was going to be. There is probably a name for it but I get travel fatigue in films when they move around a lot, planets/locations, which is really common in block busters these days. Godzilla had it with the Hawaii and Vegas scenes, and I zoned out.

>I've already forgotten everything besides the vader scene

Well you must be a fucking retard then! How can you forget a movie you dumb fuck I saw avatar once and it was shit but I still remember what happened.

Jay doesn't really give two shits about the OT. He's called ANH "just okay" in the HITB review of It Follows. Rich has expressed disgust at how "overexposed" all of Star Wars is (rightfully so). Mike has mocked any fanboy and seems utterly sick of Star Wars, OT included.

>have been proven wrong

It's a different animal, dude.

TFA was the first Star Wars in 10 years and it had the benefit of lowered expectations because of the Prequels, so fanservice is completely fine and expected and to be forgiven.

But then they do it again with R1. And they'll do it again with Episode 8. And the Han Solo movie. And Episode 9. And the Boba Fett movie. And Episode 10. And the Young Lando movie. And Episode 11. And the Yoda movie. And Episode 12. And the garbage disposal monster stand alone movie. and Episode 13. And the Sleazebaggano Origins movie. And Episode 14. And the animated Ewoks adventure movie. And LEGO Star Wars. And Star Wars V Marvel: Dawn of Jar Jar. And Episode 15.

Forever and always until the well runs so dry we all die from thirst.

It's easy to excuse fanservice in TFA because OF COURSE there was going to be fanservice. They were relaunching one of the biggest and most beloved franchises in pop culture history.

Is the RLM argument against R1 weak? Yes, but it's also recognizing the pattern early and identifying what the complaint for these movies is going to be going forward. There won't be a single Star Wars movie set within that universe with new characters that are completely removed from the GOOD VS EVIL, JEDIS AND DEATH STARS plot. If there are new characters introduced after this ongoing trilogy is finishers, guess what, one of them will be a Jedi and they'll have to do some gay shit about an unbalanced force or red lightsaber guys or a new branch of The Empire.

From here on out, it's all going to be fanservice. Porkins all the way down.

no force users in r1 it's the most "original" one then

>god damn they really cant let this Rogue One fucking go can they?

There is a kind of irony saying that on Sup Forums

>I just waned rouge one to be an actual war film like they said it was going to be.
They never said it was going to be a war film, you idiot.
You just assumed that because of the shots.
It was always going to be a heist based on stealing the death star plans.
Even I remember this when it was first announced.

>god damn they really cant let this Rogue One fucking go can they?

I know right? Everybody knows it's garbage now, just let it go

>TFA was the first Star Wars in 10 years and it had the benefit of lowered expectations because of the Prequels, so fanservice is completely fine and expected and to be forgiven.
I hate the whole argument that they HAD to go back to go forward.
Star Wars was getting more and more popular each year, even the Star Wars Celebration was getting bigger each year. It was more popular back then just before Disney bought Star Wars, and they even stated this.
They had absolutely no excuse.

If you read the article it shits on TFA just as much as Rogue One.

Not at all. It's still set within the same cinematic universe, in fact, it's a direct continuation of the main story from the OT.

It also has a "force sensitive" guy who talks about the force, so no, it's not really original. It's the most "different" in terms of plot, but it's still part of the larger ongoing narrative.

Sup Forums thinks all of star wars is garbage except for OT

and why shouldn't it be then?
It's star wars remember?
It's fucking stupid to hate on lightsabers and xwings in a SW movie

I haven't seen them proven wrong as much as disregarded. When you bring up the issues with characterization people just sort of ignore the topic and/or say that having good characters isn't necessary.

>Star Wars . . . was getting bigger each year
>[Star Wars] was more popular back then
>They had absolutely no excuse (for fanservice)

Of course they did, you said it yourself. Their goal was to make the fans happy so that they could make a shitload of money from the general public and the hardcores. TFA was always going to be fanservice-y (right down to the fucking plot), because it had to succeed and continue the Star Wars money train.

It would be like getting a new Harry Potter movie 10 years from whenever they ended without a bunch of references to the previous films. It's a reboot. Don't forget that.

Let's make a movie about how they got the plans from the Death Star

Criticism from RLM:
>Muh death star
>Muh xwings
>Muh rebels
>Muh atats
>Muh stormtroopers
>Muh yavin
>Muh force
>Muh lightsaber
>Muh darth vader

Criticism of TFA:
>It's a good reboot
>It's what I expected
>shame about no interracial kiss

Because they could try to tell a new story. They won't, but they could (and still make a lot of money off brand recognition alone).

The biggest fucking problem with their TFA review was the mistake of seeing a midnight release, finishing at 3am or so? Driving to their studio and getting there at 4am and immediately reviewing the film, no doubt a little giddy at the first Star Wars film in 12 or so years.

They didn't spend time to think about it, they didn't digest anything, they just parroted stuff they saw on screen with little to no analysis.

Ask any real critic

>Hey, do you write your review 13 minutes after the film's ended?

No. They'll do it within the next day or so to actually process what they saw

Well they did this, reviewed the film at 4am, tired, a little fanboyism running through their veins still and had no time to think about it.

If they had waited a day or two like Rogue Awakes you'd have gotten a much more nuanced review, instead you got

>It was everything I wanted it to be because Han Solo, Lightsabers, AT-AT, Star-Killer Base, Chewie, Leia, Goosebumps monsters, Kanji Klub...

shame

TFA is set 40 years after ROTJ
>No republic ships
>Still Star Destroyers
>Still TieFighters
>Still Xwings
>Still Millenium Falcon
>Still Stormtroopers

TFA is the most unoriginal movie of Star Wars
They didn't gave us even one original ship or planet, not even one

And R1 did even if it's set one week before ANH so it's baffling that it gets the criticism for it

The only thing I can take away from your post is that you haven't actually watched their TFA videos

it's a new story you fuckhead

Your biggest mistake is trying to critique them as "real" critics. Even they wouldn't agree with that. They're just some guys in a dumpy warehouse that enjoy talking about movies. Why would you take any of their Star Wars videos this seriously in the first place?

I saw the first minute of their criticism of R1 and that's all I need
They made fun of it for using the same ships and characters than a movie set a week after,
they lost all credibility

This

So R1 is good despite the flaws these guys and others have proven the movie has just because TFA was even worse?

Jesus fucking christ

Wow you're pretty fucking stupid.

Based IGN

>I didn't watch their actual discussions but got butthurt by an obvious joke
Why should anyone even bother listening to your unfounded bitching?

@78531274
No (You) for you, faggot.

Pretty much this.