What team sport requires the most collective intelligence? And why?

What team sport requires the most collective intelligence? And why?

I'll go for association football
>opposing teams are always interwined
>elements of the team act like a swarm
>team must keep its form while collectively occupy as efficiently as possible the game space
>must defeat the other team structure to create space and opportunities
>all the while play doesn't ever stop to reconsider and set up plans

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HNlgISa9Giw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>soccer
>not played by street urchins and convicts
The correct answer is hockey. Rugby is next, then curling, then cricket, then baseball.

Who's this lovely boy?

Baseball because you have to be very high iq to know what the fuck is going on.

(You)
Hockey relies on luck.
youtube.com/watch?v=HNlgISa9Giw

Baseball is a serie of duels.
Rugby is just smashing guys into other guys until some guys are too tired and make an error.

Having played both ice hockey and football (not the murican one), I can say that you are wrong. Hockey is much more straightforward game. Operating a flat back four took more brains concentration and organisation than any of the cool plays we would do in hockey. Hockey is still fun as fuck though. Easily one of the best sports.

>urchins
what?

Cricket

That was beautiful

Football

Just remembering a playbook is harder than anything the other sports do

what a goal
where was this?
germany wc?

American football is surprisingly cerebral and strategic
Basketball too

Argentina vs. Serbia/Montenegro, WC 2006

It shows how a teamblock with collective intelligence move (akin to a swarm), each of its individual element manipulate opposing players, to create space in a move that is very long, requires lot of passing, false runs, feints, etc.
Serbia & Montenegro starts with a defensive organisation of a clear flat 4-4-2, and Argies manipulate them into concentrating 6 S&M players on 10 meter on their right, opening wide their center for a shot.

American football is more like "program ball". Choose a program. Execute. Look at result. Go back to zero. Choose another program.

Cricket, to me, is an epic. It is unlike any other sport. Every single match is like a total battle between two teams, with battles within battles all over it. As Ian Chappell said, cricket is not a team sport, it is an individual sport played in groups. It is the sum of one team versus the sum of the other.
T20 is shit. Sometimes I have to walk around it and be like "eh it's okay" as to not offend people but being brutally honest, it's fucking garbage. It's all luck and power, there's no grace or subtlety or finesse. Cricket is elegant and smooth and skilful. T20 is brash and crude and juvenile. Whenever I watch a T20 I see no slips, no catchers, no interesting tactics. I see a bowler bowling a rank full toss, a batsman slashing aimlessly at it and getting caught. A bad ball, a bad shot - a wicket. It's almost always like that. A good ball in test cricket is beautiful.
To me, cricket is insanely unique and all of the uniqueness in it is in Test cricket and only test cricket. ODIs are this lame middle ground that honestly manage to be even worse than T20s at times. If you want wild swinging for the hills and bowlers deceiving batsmen with pace, watch baseball. Seriously, there is basically no difference between T20 and baseball. You want ""tight finishes"" watch basketball. T20 is an attempt to make cricket like every other sport on the planet and it sucks all of the things that make it unique and beautiful out of it. Imagine if golf made all the holes 2m wide and the courses 3 holes long. Imagine if tennis changed scoring to first to 10 rally wins is the winner. Imagine if rugby removed the penalty goal. Cricket shouldn't be about explosions and cheerleaders, because there are so many other sports that do that stuff so much better. Cricket is about tea and strike rates of 42 and leaving the ball and Alastair Cook and seam positions and how many slips you need and complex fluid dynamics. That's why I like it.

For me, it's rowing, having played all the sports mentioned, save hockey. The speed of a crew is determined at the margins, where every slight adjustment or lack thereof will be crucial in determining a winner. If you're a total dunce with no ability to critique yourself you're just going to suck unless you're fuckhuge and even then a smarter rower with a better mentality can beat you. You have to be hyper aware of your body at all times and really can't compete at the top level unless you know exactly what's going on.

depends on which position within each sport, but the real answer is that none of them require a noteworthy amount of intelligence.

I just replaced "rowing" with "chess" and got the exact same vernacular.
>NASCAR ?

nice blog but you don't say how and why cricket teams show "collective intelligence"

Individual intelligence =/= collective intelligence
An ants colony have collective intelligence for example

Basketball is literally the most brainlet sport that exist, just find 5 tall, strong and skilled men and that's it you'll win everything. There is almost nothing to think about while playing.

I think people don’t understand soccer here because they can’t imagine it being played at such a high level.

Thwit only real exposure to it is watching kids play it.

Basketball is similar in ways. But ultimately juvenile in comparison.

T.acadamy soccer player and high school apehoop participant.

American Football but only the quarterback. As evidenced by the fact that nearly all qbs are white.

I agree, I've seen literal 60 iq convicted felons be good at basketball before. Basketball is all 75% physical 25% practice.

This is gonna piss people off, but American Football. If one player on a lineup isn't outthinking the guy across from him the entire lineup can crumble into nothing. If a guy standing on the sideline isn't outthinking the guy across from him, the team can also fall apart. Everyone on a team has to be the smartest on or even off the field at any given moment. Though I'm sure people who missed the point will just bitch "muh stoppin'".

Coaching American football takes a lot of intelligence, playing not so much.

I'd say it's a tie between Baseball and Soccer (football).

I would say soccer because you constantly have to be on your toes whether it's playing offense and unexpectedly playing defense or playing defense and having to find open mids or strikers to pass it to. You also have to think in advance in order to set up for a goal. I played at a high level and I can say that you are always thinking when playing it, it's intense.

who is this girl (male)?