What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Nothing.

Nothing. It's a more mature piece of work than the other two.

It's all the more poignant when you realize it's basically an allegory for the maturation of Pegg, Frost and Wright's careers in general.

No soul, super predictable and kind of just sad

it wasnt very funny, too many characters with too little personality, fight scenes were good but felt too hollywoodish, ending had an annoying forced message.

shit made me depressed. Maybe it's because I'm 30 and I have been drifting away from my college friends since 23. ;_;

It's trying to redpill manchildren who have become infantilized by geek culture. But it's like waking up from the Matrix, no one wants to.

It's alright like. It's an ok comedy film it just felt a lot more generic than the other two did.

this

bad middle part too

Its only flaw is not being as good as the other two, which plebs think makes it bad. Even though being not as good as the other two still puts it above anything else.

Nothing

it was a nice coming of age movie

Simon Pegg is an arrogant, humorless cunt

>geek culture is bad!

Said the guy that wrote the most recent Star Trek disaster

Said the guy whose entire career is based on geek culture and who will never be successful as a dramatic actor

The first "getting the gang back together" part was too fucking boring and by the numbers and consequently it took too long to get to the good part.

It was funny, part 1 about 30 guys and then about Aliens : Superfun.
Tip from me NEVER WATCH TRAILERS TO MUCH INFO, just take a look at the stars in the magazine to watch a new movie

For me personally it took itself too seriously, what made Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead great was that they were laughing at themselves and British culture by adding a Hollywood plot line and yet still keeping very true to how British people would react to the situation. For instance in Hot Fuzz one of the major issues for the police is a run away swan or somebody shoplifting a packet of biscuits, compared to American police that have to deal with cartel drug wars and shit.

The World's End just goes straight up Hollywood and there isn't an ounce of familiarity or believably in the way they deal with the situation.

I love this film but I admit it's got two major flaws:
1. Fight scenes in the bathroom and with the female robots outside both suck and are un-funny and break the tone of the film
2. Tacked on ending where he fights humans with robot pals was stupid as hell

The last 30 minutes

believability*

I really hated the ending. The scene at the bar (?) when he talked about how he fucked up his life was great. Then they fucked it up by making him backtrack and indulge in his fantasy.

Shaun and Hot Fuzz had perfect character arcs for Pegg's character, World's End botched it.

The first act of TWE is the best part of the trilogy. The rest isn't as good as SOTD and HF though.

The only who didn't like it were the ones who failed to understand what it was about.

>movies that are literally (you).
The first 3/4ths of the film are kino.

>tfw peaked in high school
>all that nostalgia