Comedy shows with forced drama episodes

>comedy shows with forced drama episodes

Why is this a thing?

>comedy shows

Why is this a thing?

>shows

Why is this a thing?

Nothing wrong with that, if done correctly.

So they could say they had at least one episode which wasn't absolute trash.

Ever notice it's always black sitcoms?

>next time.. on a very special episode of...

gimme a hug mang

>[This punchline is trivial and has been left as an exercise for the reader]

Why is this a thing?

the one where they drove a mercedes and got jailed was pretty good and doesn't feel to forced, back than the special " message included " episode feels way better than your average sitcom episode today

As a 80s baby, 90s kid I actually miss those.

I think the last show that had one may have been Scrubs.

Actors need their Emmy submission episodes senpai

This is why Seinfeld and Always Sunny are the two GOAT sitcoms

22 channels available on Cable tv at time of Fresh Prince and some families only had only one television, so the whole clan gathered round for family friendly entertainment. The serious episodes were always hyped ahead of time so parents could make a point of watching with their kids and discussing afterwards.

It was just as awful as it sounds

>he hasn't seen the special episode of Seinfeld

Kek

He's not even racist. That's what's so insane about this

>Family Ties, “'A' My Name Is Alex” · A Very Special Episode.
Yeah.

Being a terrible stand-up is the biggest crime.

they never did this on friends. instead of 'very special' episodes they just had 'ross is an asshole who constantly fucks up his life and the lives of those he purports to love' episodes

Fresh Prince did them really well.

This thread got me thinking

What are some shows that reference real life tragedies right as they happen

Like after 9/11 there were shows that showed the cast watching it

Any other stuff like that?

YOU CAN TALK YOU CAN TALK
HE CAN TALK HE CAN TALK

Rescue Me was a show about firefighters who survived 9/11 and they reference it constantly and even have flashbacks, and as much as I hate Denis Leary for being the biggest joke thief second only to Robin Williams, he's actually pretty good in the show, and it's well worth watching.

Scrubs did not have disclaimers for 'very special episodes'. At least not any that I can remember. Even if they did I doubt it was played straight.

I CAN SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Black-ish did an episode about Trump winning last week, it was hilariously dramatic

NO!

that rap version was pretty funny desu

>watching black-ish

Stop laughing. It's not funny!

You should watch the Trump episode desu senpai, I watched it because my brother told me that it was loaded with liberal tears and it did not disappoint

Ok senpachi

But this was a good episode.

>

Why is this a thing?

THIS IS A BLACK THING ISN'T IT?

The Mr Belvedere episode where the camp counselor molests wesley is pretty creepy looking back on it

The ultimate stupid goes to saved by the hell when jesse got hooked on caffine pills

yeah, the network didn't even want them to do a drug episode but the cast kept pushing to deal with issues that affect kids. so, they got their way and the producers laughed their asses off

8 Simple Rules killed off the dad when he died in real life, not so much a tragedy but pretty mournful

Blackish actually has done a great job handling police brutality and the trump election.

Why?