What are some tips for trying to make an actual album rather than just half assing every little project and idea I have?

what are some tips for trying to make an actual album rather than just half assing every little project and idea I have?

dont be a hack

everyone's a hack

take it seriously

dont smoke weed

smoke weed

don't take it seriously

take it seriously and think about flow and like the arc you want the whole project to have and write around that. seems to work for me.

mix and master every song the same.

Don't steal music like Ariel

i steal Ariel's music

JUST GIVE UP

Whatever comes to your head, do that. Even if you think the idea might not work, just try it and see what happens.

this. Don't forget to record yourself all the time. There is albums worth of stuff you will think of while just fucking around, the last thing you want is to forget it.

my problem is I have too many ideas

I record one thing for 10 minutes and then get sick of it. make a new thing, repeat

and from my experience I terrible judge of my own music which makes it even harder. tracks I thought were shit people really liked and tracks I thought were god tier nobody liked

play with people. Find jam buddies or something.

bumping for interest

this worked for me. I guess I can never prove it unless you hear and like my music but Im just telling it you it did wonders for me personally.

its kinda like the seinfeld don't break the chain but the chain involves dedicating exactly 2h45m every day to the album. if you have to miss some this day you gotta make up the time the next day.

after a year you start having so much firepower energy and so many fucking ideas to choose from, seriously the lyrics get better and everything, so it becomes pretty obvious how the album should come together... its still a lot of work to finish perfecting vocal takes and stuff some ideas end up requiring a lot of attention

honestly fuck this. 80% of people floating around the music scene are total leeches.

i agree. the best thing I got is this boss RC-3 looper pedal which has 99 storage locations for ideas without even setting up the computer. I have cataloged and indexed literally every single riff I've come up with in the past 3 years this way

no

yes.