1-2 = finding its feet, show is a little off but shows promise, some strong episodes

>1-2 = finding its feet, show is a little off but shows promise, some strong episodes
>3-8 = indisputable golden age, some of the finest televised comedy ever written
>9-10 = twilight years, bad episodes start to creep in but there's still a lot of good ones in there too
>11+ = zombie simpsons. Jokes are replaced with shoehorned celebrity cameos which serve no purpose, pop culture references are supposed to be punchlines in themselves, animation is digitised and soulless

Only plebs will disagree. There's a lot of debate around exactly when the decline starts, but I think differentiating between "golden" and "twilight" is the most agreeable answer.

Other urls found in this thread:

deadhomersociety.com/zombiesimpsons/
nohomers.net/showthread.php?97269-The-NHC-Top-100-Episodes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Season 1 and 2 were more grounded in reality than the rest of the Simpsons

Season 9 and 10 have some really good episodes like Reality Bites ,The Last Temptation of Krust and Mayored to the Mob

That's exactly why they belong in the twilight years. Not consistent enough for the golden age, but too much quality for the zombie age.

I was agreeing with you famalam

And I you

Thats some mediocre analisis of the simpsons. What's the point of this thread?

I have watched most of the Simpsons I THINK, but not in order. If I were to watch one season or say 3 episodes, which?

The last good episode was in series 12.

Personally I like the new simpsons, it moved in to the modern age and the cameos are cool and the show is as witty as ever.

I will agree that the comedy isnt as great but the comedy was never very good, it was always a little too hard to understand and the animation was too all over the place. The solid, no funny business new animation fits perfectly.

The more absurd writing is also a plus, who wants to watch a normal family do normal things, in the first season homer tries to kill himself because of his unemployment YESSSSH

Just good clean family fun for the whole family now, with jokes that arent as hard to understand and makes it easier for the viewres to understand.}

Dissagre with me if you will, which im sure you will but whatever, i dont care, ive got a new simpsons episode to go enjoy

deadhomersociety.com/zombiesimpsons/

MUST READ

The demarcation line is Phil Hartman being blown away by his wife in 1998 for mine

you're on the wrong board user

Have you watched any episodes in the past couple years? There are actually some decent jokes in them. They toned down the obnoxiousness of Lisa. It's not terrible anymore.

Change the years to around
1-4
5-10
11-14
15+
and I agree

I actually agree. It's still a zombie series (it's not terrible, but it's not great and probably never will be ever again) but in general it's significantly less obnoxious and more clever than earlier Zombie Simpsons.

>Matt Groening
>Matt Groening
>Matt Groening
>Matt Groening
why don't they ever mention Klasky-Csupo? Their ideas were the most characterizing attributes.

Are you 14?

No, that would be illegal since this is an 18+ website.

>came up with some ultimately insignificant aesthetic ideas
>deserves credit for creating the show

K

I find it hard to disagree with this. Torrent series 1-10 and forget the rest.

>watching anything past season 12

The boy band episode was the last good one, and it's the only good episode in its season

>putting his signature on all the drawing which was made by artists of various studios
>says he created all of it

>nobody has aged

Jesus when are they gonna do a time skip? Fully expecting them to go the Modern Family layout in the future

>Season 11
>Zombie

No. It ends with Behind the Laughter and only has one shit episode, the Florida one. Zombie simpsons can be pinpointed to season 12. The writers themselves admitted the third to last episode of season 11 was the exact moment the series fell off in the audio commentary.

nohomers.net/showthread.php?97269-The-NHC-Top-100-Episodes

Is this list good? I've probably watched all of them more than once but I only know a few of them by name.
I want to collect the best episodes in the series

>Forget the tomacco episode
>Forget when Apu had his kids
>Forget the John Goodman biker episode

Why don't you set yourself on fire instead

They fact that you used Behind the Laughter as an example of a good episode tells me everything I need to know about you. Opinion discarded

See
Because it also applies to all the forgettable trash you posted

>They fact that you used Behind the Laughter as an example of a good episode

It's actually pretty great for pulling out of the series due to it's breaking of the fourth wall, so it's literally the perfect end. Everybody pretty much agrees here that it's the best stopping point. Sorry you're too stupid to understand.

You should seriously consider suicide instead of thinking you're cool for hating on Season 11 but not Season 10 of a show. You're almost braindead.

>tfw you will never time travel and find a way to save Hartman

Who said I think it's cool? It's just an objectively bad season. When you project an ulterior motive onto me for not liking season 11, all you're doing is showing you can't defend it on its own merits.

Rhat doesn't make it a good episode, just a quirky "le fourrh wall break!" special which redditors think is clever

>It's just an objectively bad season.

Good job, retard. Actually commit suicide.

Never said it was a good episode, fucktard. Not even once. I said it was a good place to stop. Please don't reproduce.

To be honest I was enjoying Simpsons right up to the movie release. Got boring after it, sure, but seasons 10-20 aren's horrible at all, sill pretty fun.

This better be bait

"The Hartman Event Horizon" definitely a disruptive event.

-Simpsons sucked ever since
-SNL died.

Right, and I'm saying that makes you a redditor. "Special episodes" are a gimmick and only a child would see that and think "oh wow self referential so meta what a great way to wrap up"

Reading now, very good

I liked the first 3 seasons more than 4-8.

you're a piece of garbage

Seriously. Step it up OP. You brought nothing new or unique to the discussion. Go a bit deeper (that's what she said)

Not OP but isn't that what replies are for? You want more depth, fucking bring some

What about the treehouse of horror episodes? There's never been a bad tree house of horror.

Season 2 is actually way above season 1. It has a long of strong iconic episodes.