"It does not matter that the nazi-demon-alien mutilates, tortures...

"It does not matter that the nazi-demon-alien mutilates, tortures, and eats entire populated human planets: I would say that it has just as much right to exist as you or I; and I will make every attempt to open a meaningful dialogue with it. Violence is our last resort."

Captain, I recommend launching a full spread of photon torpedoes.

literally like all Starfleet captains

Literally no one but Picard up to that point and after. Kirk asked Scotty to glass a planet when he went there undercover if he didn't contact him in 4 hours or something.

The line must be drawn here!

>I am not Picard!

Picard would trick them into destroying themselves or something

Literally the most overrated /trek/. The writing varied from great to Voyager-tier

>Kirk asked Scotty to glass a planet when he went there undercover if he didn't contact him in 4 hours or something.

Which episode is this?

Fucking drumpfkins will make any excuse. Sorry honey, he's done for, kay?

The first two seasons are a real rough watch

Every season of TNG is 3/4th trash

I dont know why people look back on it with such reverence

In the later seasons you have

>WHERE ARE YOU?
>Beverly fucking a ghost
>The one with the masks
>The one where they say warp is bad for the envirorment
>Worfs wifes son episodes
>Lwaxana episodes
>Tell me about your sexual organs
>Imaginary Friend and kid centric episodes in general
>Dude all aliens are humanoid because ancient alien spunk lmao
>Geordi becomes an invisible frog man or some shit
>Troi being a cunt because she loses her x-man powers

etc etc

At least the first two seasons have a kind of campy charm because of the cheap production and bad film quality, in the later seasons its not even funny bad, just cringey

This.

DS9 has spoiled me.

It didn't torture people or kill them on purpose, it turned out that it had no idea what it was doing amd that it was killing people. It was oblivious, not malicious.

Picard was 100% prepared to destroy it if they were unable to communicate with it and get it to stop before it killed again, he correctly assumed that it wasn't harming people intentionally and they were able to get it to stop harming people without destroying a unique, sentient life form.

Captain, I calculate that there is a 97.433524535% probability that this thread will die if we do not post dank Star Trek memes

what about the Gorn and the Horta

He has shown mercy.

The one with the two races fighting a simulation war in which they kill themselves in evaporation chambers. Armaggedon Game? Not sure.

This.

God I hate edgy cunts who think that the best way to deal with any and all situations is to shoot first and ask questions later. Sometimes that's the only option, sure, but not always.

but that was a bluff to force them to make peace, the order he gave literally didn't exist and was just to scare them

Was it? I don't remember.

I wouldn't put Kirk above assassination or orbital bombardment tho.

>Hates edgy cunts
>Posts edgy fedora tipper gif

What did he mean by this?

>It didn't torture people or kill them on purpose, it turned out that it had no idea what it was doing amd that it was killing people. It was oblivious, not malicious.
>This.
You guys obviously forgot it's introductory episode where it was shown to be intelligent and in contact with Lore and made a deal to eat the Enterprise crew

This serious really was a liberal's wet dream, wasn't it? Don't these people have military training? There is no way they would think like some faggot theoretical physicist.

>try to watch ds9
>don't enjoy any of the characters besides Dr Bashar Al Assad and quark
>Odo is my least favorite star trek character of all time, and then he has an episode with the second wordt character, lwaxana
>can't get into it at all

Guess I'm a pleb desu

>you can't banter about religion because that's fedora core.

Trying to silence any and all discussion or even my my case light ribbing of a subject by attempting to shame anyone who tries is just sad user.

>Kirk asked Scotty to glass a planet when he went there undercover if he didn't contact him in 4 hours or something.
sounds like something he would do
Both janeway and archer would fuck over the innocent without ever realizing they did something wrong. Don't get me started on what they would do to demons

No Mr Worf, I think this situation calls for a more diplomatic approach. What do you think, Counsellor?

just rewatched the episode and you were right, he did order General Order 24 which was to destroy all life on the planet but he did that to force their hand

b-but Locutus

Kirk did not fuck around. Neither did Sisko. The only pussy ass fag was Picard.

>I sense...
>Oh shut the fuck up you denbts paying bimbo, mr Worf, beam a nuke stripped to ensign Mohammed's crotch on their bridge.

but Picard didn't have problems with using force, it just wasn't his first course of action

Janeway too depending which personality she has in the episode

she was either space mom and wanted to follow the prime directive and help everyone, or space bitch and genocided everyone

his wild days are behind him and lest face it, glassing a world is bit much

Picard should have been tried and executed for treason after not destroying the Borg when he had the chance. Kirk's twice the man Picard ever could hope to be.

This

He was a pussy unwilling to break his conscience for the greater good.
>The needs of the many etc. etc

yeah but The needs of the many bit is bullshit. you should always look out for people around you first and distant strangers second

as if sending back Hugh with that program would have actually destroyed the collective and not just being discarded

sending back Hugh with his personality awoken did way more damage

Not if you're a Starfleet captain.

It's irrelevant if it would have worked or not. He still comm treason.

I think they let it slide since he has saved humanity and the galaxy itself several times

While we're on the subject of wiping out civilizations, I remember an episode of TNG where some captain, I think a Klingon, destroyed all life on a planet to keep anyone else from finding the DNA that linked to some larger puzzle.

The Enterprise shows up later and they all just shrug and say "oh well, on to the next piece of the puzzle" without anyone really caring that ALL LIFE ON THE ENTIRE PLANET WAS DESTROYED.

Stewart is a SJW queer

IIRC it only had stuff like microorganisms

>archer would fuck over the innocent without ever realizing they did something wrong.
That's literally the pount of enterprise user. Everyone was learning as they go and most of their mistakes or questionable choices serves to illustrate how and why something like the prime directive came about.

Even then archer was constantly conflicted about moral decisions and when he did things that crossed the line, like using an airlock for interrogation purposes, he always had some kind of justification for it.

This is why you're a 40 year old ensign on waste reclamation.

Can we all agree that TNG is liberal social justice trash? It keeps trying to push this whole "we're all equal" message when that clearly isn't the case.

>It's a Best Captain bitches down Worf episode

Sisko yelling at Worf will never not be great.

This, Kirk always looked out for his men and his friends. Spock was the logical one who sacrificed himself for the need of the many. Kirk is the one that then went renegade to revive him.

Picard's way of thinking and the amount of value he places on the sanctity of life is very uncharacteristic for a non-Christian.

>Court martial
>For not committing genocide
Picard would have all charges dismissed and with a single impassioned monologue about the inherent right of sentient beings to exist.
Plus starfleet is aware that the Q are judging the entire human race based on picards actions.

>Picard's way of thinking and the amount of value he places on the sanctity of life is very uncharacteristic for a non-Christian.
>Christians hold the monopoly on morality

>Best Captain
Best Captain post
Not Jellico

Why would you even reply to that weak ass bait?

>mfw somebody says there's a better captain than Maxwell

Respecting a person's right to live despite them having done harmful, destructive things to others doesn't fall under typical standards of morality.

It's specifically a Christian trait.

Jellico refused to even consider listening to the needs of his subordinates. Having them follow your lead is fine, refusing point blank to even listen to concerns is awful in a leader.

He also confined Riker to quarters for doing his job, i.e. informing the captain when he felt that his orders weren't what was best for the situation at hand. He wanted Riker to be a yes man.

Jellico wasn't a good captain and Jellicofags need to leave.

I'd watch a Maxwell and Jellico overthrow the Federation and lead a crusade on the Spoonheads series.

>Gets btfo by spoonheads
>Gets btfo by the federation
"Best" captain

Where should I begin if I wanted to get into Star Trek?

Why do liberals think that advanced civilization equals civilized people? Every civilization has died due to barbarism. The Federation in Star Trek would not sustain itself and will eventually turn into barbaric organization with human supremacy and tribalistic attitude toward other races.

Humans will always be dicks.

>let me start an intergalactic war while the federation is still rebuilding from Wolf 359

>Jellico wasn't a good captain and Jellicofags need to leave.
Jellico whipped a soft crew into shape to prepare for a possible war-time situation, BTFO the Cardassians, sent Riker to his room without any supper, put a superhuman android in charge of running shit, rekt Picard's pet fish, and bitchslapped Deanna so hard she slept in her proper uniform for the next three years.

He should've never given the ship back.

>a soft crew

lmao,that soft crew was the best in starfleet already

How would Picard handle an encounter with the xenomorphs from Alien?

Except that Jellico had top secret information and orders. The senior officers didn't "need to know," so he dismissed their seemingly valid arguments because it ran contrary to his own sealed orders.
Beyond that, a starfleet captain has a lot of perogative by virtue of their position. Hes not there to keep picards seat warm, it was his command.
Plus he was right about troi being in uniform, as well as the 4 shift rotation because they kept it long after he left.

The TOS movies ->TNG ->DS9 -> VOY ->ENT.

TOS is based as fuck, but hard to blindly recommend, especially as a starting point. If you can deal with the low production value and camp its the best place to start. Otherwise start with the original cast movies. Feel free to completely ignore all TNG movies and just watch galaxy quest 4 times.

Start with the Greeks.

By separating the facehugger from the crewman in the transport buffer, then leave a beacon in orbit warning everyone else of the biological hazard of the planet.

Frakes said Alien was an inspiration for First Contact, so that.

Damn, that was a fucking great episode

Don't beat yourself up, different people just have different tastes.

Odo has some great episodes and they do a great job developing luaxana.

>they are a peaceful society, but they are living in poverty due to depleted resources. i suggest we make contact and help them with-
>BE QUIET, COUNSELOR! CAPTAIN! I SUGGEST WE ENSLAVE THEM WITH OUR SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY
>what? that's it worf, no more holodeck privileges. i've seen what you get up to in there and it's not healthy or becoming of a member of starfleet

>ENT finally gets a good intro theme
>It's only for two episodes

naw

yeah, the changed intro was a really nice touch. Especially when compared to regular one

>You guys obviously forgot it's introductory episode where it was shown to be intelligent and in contact with Lore and made a deal to eat the Enterprise crew
I was reading the other posts and laughing hard, most don't remember that the fucking thing made a deal to kill the whole ship.
Fuck that, target and fire a full spread of transphasic torpedoes, just to be sure

>Earl Grey. tea. Hot

What did he mean by this? Why does he refer to his replicator as "Earl Grey"? An Earl was an old English land lord, has the federation captured the brains of English lords and forced them into replicators to be subservient millennia after death?

Barbarians.

he got mind raped by the borg and he went full on let's destroy the fuckers no matter the casualties in first contact.
Picard was always in a comfy ship, if he was outgunned, lost in a distant quadrant or just a nigger that talks with space ghosts I believe he would behave different.

Possesing sentience does not protect you from facing justice for genocide.

>It keeps trying to push this whole "we're all equal" message when that clearly isn't the case.
Good thing is that the whole series proves that we are not equal and that you get fucked hard if you go around like a campy idiot. Pretty much the same that happens to Archer in the first season, he stops to help or say hi to everyone and he gets shot, mind raped, get new enemies that want to destroy earth, every single time. The one time they find friendly people with better tech and willing to exchange things, Tucker goes on and tries to convince their cogenitor, the trans crap, can have rights and it commits seppuku and they fuck up first contact.

I like that episode because it had G'Kar.

Actually, I don't think there's anything edgier than ChristPosting on Sup Forums

I think it would have to have a clue what it was doing to commit genocide. It was totally ignorant that it was killing people, as far as the entity knew it was minding its own business.

certainly had the best uniforms

and a lot of love for TOS

Irrelevant, it murdered thousands if not millions. Ignorance is no defence for crime.

And even if it was a wild animal, if a bear is stalking and murdering people it gets hunted down and killed.

To quote a bald man "He's too dangerous to let live".

The plan was always to kill it if they couldn't find a peaceful solution tho

The Doctor woman just skipped that part because she had to compensate with being a terrible parent

>To quote a bald man "He's too dangerous to let live".
Ghandi was a cool quotable bro

Picard would bore them to death.

They don't know what he told it. Lore could have tricked it into thinking that all carbon-based life is non-sapient.

That's some mighty fine heresy.

Or just fire a photon torpedo at the fuckers

we could be arguing this all day, if someone could trick him into doing shit he can't be oblivious of killing other species. If you could talk to ants you would stop for a second and not kill more until you know more.
Fuck the creature, get a full load of torpedoes discharged into it's face or whatever.

yes, the beacons never seemed to be effective. It's ok for our species, come some alien ship and don't understand what the beacon function is and they land they are dead.
If it's deemed dangerous it's better to eliminate it.

You know some dumbass Klingon or Romulan would try and capture an xenomorph as a trophy or to study them or to sell them to a unscrupulous scientist or use them against an enemy as a bioweapon

The xenomorphs are better off being destroyed than let that happen

>The xenomorphs are better off being destroyed than let that happen
Something most of Starfleet captains would fail to understand. I can picture Sisko or Janeway doing orbital strikes over the hive but Picard would let someone of the crew to beam one up to study and Kirk would land and try to make some facehugger to hug his dick.

>WHERE ARE YOU?
A silly part of an otherwise neat episode.

>Beverly fucking a ghost
>The one with the masks
>The one where they say warp is bad for the envirorment
All in season 7, which is not looked back on as fondly as the powerhouse of seasons 3, 4, 5, and most of 6.

>Worfs wifes son episodes
Those episodes are fine.

>Lwaxana episodes
Lwaxana is fucking based, you'll understand when you get older.

>Tell me about your sexual organs
Also another good episode.

>Imaginary Friend and kid centric episodes in general
Those are the few bad episodes in otherwise strong seasons

>Dude all aliens are humanoid because ancient alien spunk lmao
I'll give you that one. Thanks Rick Berman.

>Geordi becomes an invisible frog man or some shit
That episode is great.

>Troi being a cunt because she loses her x-man powers
That episode is also good, it was taking her down a peg for once. If you noticed, she's more humble about it afterwards in the show.