/asoue/ General Thread

Final verdict of this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IHTOGXBnOVE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Awful, there wasn't enough of the handsome Olaf and his masterful schemes

It's a dour and depressing affair about terrible things happening to people who, by all accounts, don't deserve it. It's about children suffering the consequences for the inaptitude, a word which here means incompetence, of adults. Anyone looking for wholesome enterntainment should probably look elsewhere.

Also Violet a cute!

I agree with this handsome user

>they hired an actress with full lips again

is that part of her character in the book? is she supposed to have thick dick sucking lips?

what did she do?

cute?
dude she's hot
there's no shame in admiting that
look at those dick sucking lips

It's kafkaesque. The kids are largely left to the machinations of the adults who keep secrets from them and act like they're too stupid or not mature enough to understand the world. Yet the kids spend lots of time learning things and are obviously intelligent and capable of understanding. They can't quite escape the plans and schemes and ineptitude of the adults in the series. Plus their fate is largely influenced by luck as well. This speaks to the human condition where we sometimes feel our own fates are out of our control. Or we feel that our lives are ruled by other people and we don't get much say in how things are run despite our individual aptitudes.

This person is not to be trusted.

Her character is described to be pretty.

She's 13.

More lighthearted than I had expected but overall it did grow on me. Wide Window was the weakest point I thought.

The best part of wide window was, surprisingly, the waiter and the very friendly driver.

>She's 13.
and?
nothing wrong with that
I'm no cunnyposter though

NPH's Captain Sham > JC's Captain Sham

its hard to watch has its moments but it isnt compelling enough with its characters to merit a time investment

I finished ep 3 and I will go no further its just so god damn boring

>mfw he sounded like Bane

Just finished the last episode moments ago. (That song was awesome).

I was only vaguely familiar with the books, but I enjoyed it a lot. It felt nostalgic for some reason, like a good old school cartoon brought to life or an old fantasy movie that skirts the horizon of your memory.

Also I've never once been attracted to a kid but this Violet is cutting it close

Yes, kafkaesque is a very good word to describe it. I like those kinds of elements in a story. The main characters as well as you, the viewer, are aware that there are these kinda hidden machinations and processes going on in the background and you only see their results but not what is actually behind the scenes.

>kafkaesque
yeah
some things are straight ripped off from Amerika

Why is Klaus taller than Violet?

The henchmen were great. Hook hand guy was the best.

I really liked it, but I don't feel comfortable recommending it to people who haven't read the books. There's a lot of really cringeworthy stuff in each episode that might cause non-readers to give up.

Off the top of my head:
>any Sunny biting CGI nonsense
>lavender lighthouse + binoculars scene
>they overdid the definitions in the first few episodes
>Sunny playing cards with the hook-handed man
>most of the VFD subplot (walking around with a tree, etc.)

Yes, there's that controversial scene in book 7 that references that.

He's older than her too. Won't this start to show in the next two seasons?

No. Girls mature quicker than boys (physically).

Plus movie magic. The real trick will be the baby.

>Won't this start to show in the next two seasons?
you mean like a sexual relations between them offstage?

I don't think Sunny is a problem she grows through the book series as well, and is practically speaking normally by the end. They also specifically states that she is not a baby any longer.

What happened in book 7?

This. So many weird scenes. Especially in the first arc.

The scene where Olaf and his minion pondered what rhymes with Olaf while staring at the ceiling made even me uncomfortable

NPH's Count Olaf < JCs Count Olaf
NPH's Stefano > JC's Stefano
HPH's Captain Sham = JC's Captain Sham

While Carrey never did Shirley, I feel NPH would have done it better

Reptile Room > Miserable Mill > Bad Beginning > Wide Window

film was much better.

>Preferring NPH Stefano
That was the one time I felt like NPH went even more silly than Carrey.

Yes. And the casting director was very thorough in ensuring he got the right girl.

too much diversity bullshit, clearly written by a jew
Jim Carrey was a much better Olaf

I liked it because it showed how he was a bad actor yet fooled the adults. on top of that every time he broke character with the kids were great

need an answer for this

>clearly written by a jew
>black people scare me
the show runner and writer is the author of the books. the race change affects literally nothing and doesn't make any statements. all it does is help with the implication that they aren't related at all. In fact it makes fun of SJWs through on of the henchmen

Another thing that bugged me about the show was that they made it more kiddie. You don't need Olaf describing his schemes as evil, that's absurdly cartoonish. Young kids read the books without any issues, so I don't know why they would further infantilize the content and alienate older viewers.

>"WERE GONNA GET EATEN BY LEECHES!"
>"Hang on, lemme just spend an inordinate amount of time tying my hair back so I can think."
>"WHAT?"
>"'Inordinate' means "unusually or disproportionately large", Klaus.
>"SHUT UP YOU HACKING NIGGER!"
>"Although many would construe Klaus' outburst as racially insensitive, it is important to remember that-"
>"SHUT UP WARBURTON!"

The scene with yhe lighthouse was lame but it was bad in the book too. IIRC they magnify moonlight to start the fire.

>Ahhh yesh, I wash wondering which would break firsht, your shpirit or your window!

It's trash.

Has none of the movies' charm, the cast is awful, Violet looks like a bad tranny, CGI is awful. Acting is sub-par.

Are the books as bad as the TV series? I loved the movie, but this series is plain retarded.

There are some similarities with the explaining words thing. The secret society stuff doesn't start until later in the books.

>"I think you mean "WE'RE going to get eaten by leeches.".
>"SHUT THE FUCK UP WOODARD!"

I'm just glad that the first three books are finally out of the way

I feel like I've sat through them so many times, we can finally get onto fresh new stuff

Was Count Olaf meant to be a pedophile in this?

In the books he was disgusted by the children and only wanted their money. But here he keeps touching Violet, creepily complimenting her and trying to make her look beautiful. He even looks at Klaus and says "I'll take whatever I want" while feeling her up.

It's kinda fucked up for a kids' flick.

that was intentional. the quagmire's having their own subplot throughout the season wasn't a thing either

kek'd hard when the tranny started rambling about the patriarchy.

>is okay with child murder
>not okay with marriage

Misserable Mill was my favorite part of the season I think for this reason alone

Most feminists are, if you think about it.

That scene surprised me, didn't expect there to be implied rape in the series. She's meant to be like 13 right?

None of that is in the books or movie, but I think it's very welcome. Adds a level of sinister to him we wouldn't otherwise get.

why did they all sing at the end?
youtube.com/watch?v=IHTOGXBnOVE
why did i like it?

Exactly, that's why he's better than JC imo. He may be "le quirky XD" but beneath that he's genuinely fucking sinister.

This. I never read the books but from what I gather count olaf is supposed to be the sinister demented sadistic guy around. Tgat just adds another layer to his evilness

It's a very in keeping song.

Buddy, it was a joke.

She looks a lot like Emily Browning who played violet in the movie.

What the actual fuck??

(BOTH ARE SMOKING HOT!!!)

>be sadist
>mfw got uncomfortably turned on by the burnings in book 7 as a kid

>clearly written by a jew

The author of the book series is Jewish, yes. As are the Baudelaires.

>Jews
>got burned to death
poetry

>man that one ep was crazy

>what happens?

IT WAS JUST A JOKE user GAWD

Please hang yourself.

It already shows.

You really needed it pointed out to you that there wasn't a reference to a 13 year old protagonist in a children's book as having dick sucking lips?

>Klaus is a Brit

Why is Sunny so upset?

Her mom is probably standing aside so the three could be in a group shot

I was surprised by how much I liked Patrick Warburton as Snicket. Liked the casting more than NPH.

anyone answer this?

Yeah he was subtle towards Violet.

Reptile Room was the best part

too much VFD shit though

Does this thing follow books?
I read them as a kid, this seems interesting.

>tfw she won't even remember being an actress when she grows up

him and the actor playing Mr Poe were both fantastic

Warburton nailed everything about Beatrice.

Agreed, Poe especially is great. His mannerisms and dialogue are exactly the way I imagined him to be as a kid

sort of. the scripts are mostly written by the author of the books and he added a couple subplots to tie them all a little better. I won't spoil the new one but they do introduce the society stuff very early

A lot of the smaller characters are near perfect in my opinion. i would say Aunt Jesamine was the only one that wasn't better than her movie part. Nothing against the actress in the show, just Streep really did a great job in the film.

>statue woman
>baby playing poker
>bendy bouncy cgi house
>esme at the end of mill
>anxious clown guy gives them the idea for peppermint
> no sir smoke cloud

Why did they add all this? it sucks

fact: he made that comment not knowing the cameras where still rolling

statue woman was fine. she introduces the society early without giving all the information

>being mad at baby shit

>being mad that the cut corners with cgi house

the clown guy thing was actual shit

Source?

I fucking love the babys array of surly expressions

his ass, you gullible gus.

My arm hurt every time I saw Violet carrying Sunny. I think Klaus only carried her once.

The kids are retarded for a bunch of smart kids. Might be the acting or writing. I guess it's not that different from the books plus they're really young.

any upskirts or lewd?

Why do people put so much for me comparison to the movie?
The movie was complete shit. Why would they go back into count Olaf's care. Who thought that shit was any good? It was nothing like the books it even had a bad ending

>what's that thing Haruki Murakami said?

She constructed a lockpick and broke into Stefano's suitcase.

Hi, I'm Cookie. Shirley?

How old do you think she was when she invented her first vibrator?

*slaps user's ass*

8 months

>Though I can't seem to locate the sugar bowl

Imagine being in a relationship with older Violet. She'd invent a million sex toys and insist that you try them all.