"Arrival"

Anybody seen this? It's about aliens, language and technology. Let's dive right in:

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

It's about aliens which are really demons coming to earth and offering either war or compliance, and offering technology as a gift for compliance. A deal is made between a human and a demon, but what is given is taken away painfully. The human must serve the demon in the future.

Pretty fucking cheeky, Hollywood is getting clever with their demonic agenda. Your take?

Be careful. Make no deals with extra-dimensional beings. Accept only Jesus Is Lord, and you can be saved.

NEWFAG NEWFAG NEWFAG

>Accept only Jesus Is Lord, and you can be saved.
Troll's piece de resistance. Love that part of the meal (shit). Also, pretty funny. In a way.

>SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
SPOILERS that's not how you spoil

I dont think we watched the same movie...

SON OF A BITCH IT ALL MAKRS SENSE NOW! Well done analysis OP, this legit makes more sense than hurrr magic time travelling language

It's wasn't about that at all. It was however the the best sci-fi film in recent memory.

The Arrival makes Interstellar look like Lost in Space

>demon
are you retarded?

anyway, it was just an OK movie. Definitely not bad, but I expected more.

>Anybody seen this
No one at all, actually

>Movie is filmed like and has many nods to Signs, an alien movie which is really a demon movie
>Language and Technology are terms used heavily in magic and demonology
>A deal is made between a human and an extra-dimensional being, with catastrophic consequences for the human
>get future-telling "gifts"
>see bad shit
>not able to stop them
>live the bad moment before, during, and after it even happens
>lololol it's a gift

She made a deal. She signed it with her hand, literally. Then she was given a gift. But it was bittersweet with terrible consequences.

>Its about aliens that are really demons
Nope, never happens.
>Offering either war or compliance
Nope, never happens
>A deal is made between a human and a demon, but what is given is taken away painfully.
Nope, never happens
>The human must serve the demon in the future.
Nope, never happens.

>This entire post
Nope didn't happen.

then you could also decode it as she traded her first born to that cthulhu things.

But this shouldn't really be taken to demonology levels, it's working as pure sci-fi too. They are just simply not humanoid aliens, and the "ships" just travelled as they did.
She saw the future, it doesn't means their daughter wouldn't have die if she doesn't get the gift.

Btw why they could/should've made another child. (except if you're right, and all their kids die at some age)

Did you read the Bible?

Demons are not given physical descriptions. Their time on earth is generally when they possess humans. They are without form.

Arrival can't be used as anti-Christian propaganda unless you're a bad biblically illiterate troll, like most Christians are.

Except the main woman doesn't really do anything physically rigorous.

>catastrophic consequences for the human
She literally saves everyone.

>Except the main woman doesn't really do anything physically rigorous.

wut?

>the human must serve the alien in the future
I should have clarified. This doesn't really happen.

She doesn't do anything but translate for the aliens. And then phone China to tell them they miss translated the aliens.

>using religion as a defense

honestly stop. its hysterics like this why so many people are fleeing your death cult

>Woman can read an alien language
>Because she can see into the future
>And in the future she already knows the alien language
>Andshe learns the alien language by seeing into the future where she already knows the alien language

Dishonest filmmaking at its worst

>America good boys, evil China and Russia cliche
>main character saves the world in last second cliche
>pathetic love story including main character which ends the movie
6/10
passable movie if you want to blow 2 hours

While OP and most posters ITT are medically classifiable as retards, the use of language as colonization is an interesting theme to explore.

Also, the reason her babby dead is from mutations inflicted into her DNA by removing the suit while inside the alien chamber.

But seeing time as a singularity, and awakening to experience reality as an Eternal Recurrence in the Nietzschean sense is totally worth it, even if you foresee your own death, the death of your kid, and that your husband will leave you because of it.

but it's Villneuve (though idk if it was on him or not)

so...
>you saw the AMERICAN privates were bad guys too, wanted to blow up the ship
>lovestory ends tragically dead kiddo
>China stopped attacking when they got more info

but there are two evil white alt righters who watch two much alex jones who wants to blow up the nice aliens

Basically it's trudeau scifi.

killyourself numale.

>she needs to know the phone number
>she didn't know the phone number
>she will know the phone number one day
>therefore she know the phone number right now
what if he got a new phone and changed his number? None of this makes any sense. But it's sciencey and has the smart scientists out-smarting the dumb military using Reddit science. So of course, Reddit loves it.

Great premise, terrible execution.

The whole concept is extremely interesting, but the acting and pacing were fucking awful. Too many long shots of mist and "ooo spoopy alien". It ends terribly with a soft "who gives a shit" about her daughter having cancer. Never explains the "rare" disease the dad has.

??? I was literally saying that's numale scifi, numale.

>Never explains the "rare" disease the dad has.
I think the daughter had the "rare disease", but then again I'm trying to make sense of an incoherent mess.

>Never explains the "rare" disease the dad has.
It was complications from radiation exposure, dipshit.

I think the disease is reddit tbph.

I just rewatched it. 1:34:00

She says, "daddy got mad because I told him some shit about a rare disease thats unstoppable"

When I was watching I thought it was green arrow that had the rare disease but she was just being vague.

I hate how much potential the concept of this movie had was wasted on a shit story with shit actors and shit pacing.

>green arrow
kys DCuck, that's hawkeye

At which point did they threaten mankind with war? I missed that

so the conclusion of the film is that she becomes Dr Manhattan ?

what the fuck ? how is this hard to grasp ?

the dad left because she told him their daughter would die of a rare disease they could do nothing about.

Thats why he could no longer look at his daughter the same way, because she would die and he couldnt deal with it.

That's a load of bullshit, OP, and you know it. It was a great film, best sci-fi movie in recent memory.

The Arrival makes Interstellar look like Lost in Space.

as i remember they didn't measured any radiation, the hazard-suit was only for precaution.
Though, when she went behind the glass, in to that fog, she may have got some unhealthy shit

when you think it is, it really is you.

not really. Interstellar is more convulated than this story

>uses violin soundtrack drom shutter island
>ayy lmao language makes me time travel
>DUDE GIANT SQUIDS LMAO

Arrival used the "power of love" as a theme in a better way than Interstellar did, and without having to hammer it into the audiences heads.

>Not understanding what the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis is and how it affected the main character
> Shitposting this hard

Jesus is an extra-dimensional being you retard.

In the end, what did those squids wanted?

>all these retards responding like imdb users

jesus christ how horrifying

Eh because of the nature of its subject matter the film becomes a thesis about the end all state and nature of humanity; it quickly analyzes and identifies man's shortcomings and provides a gaze at the before and after: before the main character's moment of actualization and after

Ultimately the moment in and of itself is important too seeing as it indicates that her moment of actualization is represented to transcend her to the entirety of humanity-- we see the radical chinese general as soothed, compliant, endearing, and cooperative-- all to serve the function of providing the critical information necessary to propel man forward/save them in the first place.

The most important thing is the shift in itself-- the movie theorizes a language that inherently changes the brain's biomechanical experience of time, shifting from the linear, superstring-theory-esque 3rd dimensional experience (momentary past-present-future) to what is called a 4th dimensional experience-- theoretical, but in which case all time would concur simultaneously. It's important to note that time most likely does, we just don't see it that way-- furthering the whole "enlightenment" shlock

Now the chinaman's cooperation is elevated by this new information into representing the new frontier of human understanding and cooperation. Time will no longer be an obstacle to the facilities of man, but will now become its tool for the sake of the proliferation of information.

Essentially, the aliens make us evolve into something else, and are to return on the other side for a favor or two. It's the only way that we can then become useful.

Yeah that whole demons thing is retarded, but I appreciate the thought

give Amy the power of seeing circles, and also giving her and her daughter and humanity their squid-cancer.
was it worth?

>Signs is really about demons

you actually believe this fucking meme huh