Literally what is the point of watching or reading a music review

Literally what is the point of watching or reading a music review

So you know what to think.

There is none. Only soyboys say otherwise.

Fun way to pass time as a music fan. Comes from the same urge that makes you want to ask peers what their favorite albums are

To see if they like the same as music as you or are retarded.

Literally what is the point in knowing what other people's favourite things are

None, I just think his videos are entertaining.

i think it's interesting sometimes to hear what another person has to say about an album. it's for the same reason i ask my friends what they think of albums, different viewpoints are interesting.

Friend simulator

misanthrope detected

So you can feel good about yourself when the reviewer agrees with you.

And if the reviewer disagrees with you, you can feel good about yourself because your opinion is clearly superior and they don't know what they're talking about.

Strawman?

A

Literally what is the point of reading or posting on a music board.

to think about something the way you might not ordinarily think about it, by hearing someone else's thoughts about it, thus possibly informing your own

you might as well ask why ever have a conversation/discussion about anything?

If you have good taste, people call you patrician which is a more powerful feeling than any drug you can imagine. But you wouldn't know about that.

Literally what is the point of reading or posting on a music forum.

Don't see what the meme review has to do with any of this...

>external validation

anthony soytano

accurate

most of Sup Forums bases their own opinion on someone elses opinion. its actually quite sad

because i cant be bothered anymore to keep up with shit.
when you're young everything is interesting and you actively look for good shit.
but as you get older, that shelf in your mind gets more and more filled with shit. at one point you're just "full" with music you wanna follow.
at that point I'd rather watch reviews and check scores to see if its worth getting into.

Im still getting into shit that gets 6/10s sometimes, but then I stumble upon it. I dont actively look it up or "listen for myself because I dont trust reviews".

years ago, the guy who was responsible for the record reviews in vice magazine germany, was GOAT. everything he voted 8/10 or higher was worth listening to, and it never disappointed. then vice stopped caring about that and pushed their noisey crap and it disappeared. fantano isnt a perfect replacement, because his range is limited, but at least hes covering a decent enough range for me

/thread

I'm just curious to see if others think what I think when listen to my favorite songs