Why are people hype for this guy to play Lando? Putting a familiar face in Star Wars just breaks immersion...

Why are people hype for this guy to play Lando? Putting a familiar face in Star Wars just breaks immersion. Just look at Forest Whittaker in Rogue One.

isn't it coincidental that the two faces OP is referring to just so happen to be black?

My problem is that he looks nothing like Billy Dee Williams.

I thought he was good in Moonlight

Or like Peter Cushing and Alec Guinness in A New Hope

But they're both black

>Forest Whittaker
>Felicity Jones
>Ben Mendelsohn
>Mads Mikkelsen

they should all be familiar faces, pleb.

and Diego Luna should be a name you've heard, at the very least.

>Putting a familiar face in Star Wars just breaks immersion
Alec Guiness, Peter Cushing, Sebastian Shaw, Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Samuel L. Jackson, Christopher Lee, Jimmy Smits, Max Von Sydow, Domnhall Gleeson, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac and Diego Luna were fine though?

Peter Cushing was not immersion breaking for American audiences though. They didn't know any better.

Face? You worry about his face? What about his nasal voice? Why not cast Richard Ayawade from the IT crowd while they are at it?

because he's the current "wow he's so talented" meme celebrity that people love to fawn over

And Alden Ehrenreich looks nothing like Harrison Ford. So what?

All immersion breaking.

I never bothered to learn their character names on the first watch.

What's his talent again? Cursing and sounding like a whiny child on the microphone?

i wouldn't know. i've never seen anything of his

Best actor on a comedy show

i hate his face and the people who like him

>familiar face
Literally no idea who this is.

It's good casting for a young Lando tBh. Not that we ever needed an origin movie about Han or Lando in the first place but here we are.

He looks pretty sick with a stache. I've literally never seen him in anything though.

This. He just looks like a fucking dickhead

Glover himself might be an insufferable pseudo-intellectual, but he's a decent actor. In a monolithic series like star wars the actors have 0 control over their character and are not allowed to improvise (or rarely, I read Tudyk improvised a lot of his scenes, but he's a legitimately funny man). Hopefully they can harness him in to get some decent work out.

Is he playing Harrison Ford? That's great, he was the best part of Hail, Ceasar

he's also a creator/writer for the show

He's so punchable. The fact that he thinks he's an intellectual makes it even more so.

>So what?

both of them are shitty and this movie shouldn't be made?

He's a good comedy writer but his acting skills outside of sketch comedy never really stood out.

Billy Dee Williams was half white, quarter black, quarter Bangladeshi.

forest whittaker was a shitty actor in rogue one. it wasnt his persona that was the issue. he was outlandishly over the top and i still dont get why. they should have cut him.

>they should have cut him.
They probably cut around 90% of his original screen time. They couldn't have cut him entirely because he was in all the advertisements before they did the reshoots, but they probably would have if they could.

he's literally edris elba for young people

>"i better namedrop a black actor so people dont think im racist"

>familiar face
for you.

Exactly, retard. Why is this movie a thing? I thought Star Wars was supposed to be rich in possibilities. Nobody was drooling to know more about Han Solo.

being a nigger

They want him on the screen because of double think
>He's a good black
>Blacks are black
If you maintain this duality you can transpose him from being a good black, to feeling as though you like all blacks.
This lets you feel good about not being a racist, because racists are "whites who hate blacks".

niggers are subhumans, hence creating art is something that they are not capable of. Moreover, to anwer your question not I don't feel any hype

Watch Atlanta niqqa.

kys

???

???

Or maybe the character of Lando was black ergo they want his younger self to be black....

hmm

>idris elba
>dong lover
>"black"

I see enough niggers when I open my front door. I really don't want to see them on my television.

god wasnt this idiot in the martian movie?
hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up STAPLER my name is Donald but u can call me Le Magic Black Reddit Science Meme Man of Epicness!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!!

Now I'm gonna explain a basic slingshot maneuver to the senior Administrator of NASA lol

Matt Damon as Han Solo

If you're making a film in this day and age it's a good idea to put at least one Laurence fishburne in it, is what I'm saying...
But anyway, what the fuck is a lando and why are you nerds talking about "characters" on Sup Forums?

He'd be a good candidate for a token though, because he's a good goy liberal.
He has "creative" freedom inside a bubble of acceptability, like atlanta.
It's the same cookie cutter stuff generated by opinions that were based on opinions made over a medium that wasn't directly tackling the matter at hand.
It politics without the politics, he understands and can convey the message without needing explicits.

>Why is this movie a thing?
To make money. That's what every Star Wars film is for

sam hyde and charls carroll as c3p0 and r2d2

Glover is actually talented. He impressed me with "Atlanta". He stayed away from politics and didn't make it a "muh niggers/BLM" show.