Is there any explanation as to why he was so bad in Rogue One? He was the worst thing about the movie

Is there any explanation as to why he was so bad in Rogue One? He was the worst thing about the movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0UwFkD4oms4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm sure you're right.

i liked him. his accent was hilarious

YOUR FRIENDLY BARTENDER!

He was great, you're nuts.

Forest Whitaker is normally a good dramatic actor, so I think something might have failed with how he was being directed.

For some reason they decided that his character should have limited lung capacity and he played it as straight as he could, at the same time that he was playing an eccentric character. Both things combined with the natural timbre of his voice made him sound like an autist, and nobody in charge told him that.

Maybe the young director felt intimidated by the senior actor to correct him on such a thing? Or maybe he thought it sounded good.

Is there a explanation why he didn't looks like Saw Gerrera from TCW?
>No blue eyes
>No eyebrow scar
>Way darker instead of brown skinned

He was absolutely terrible, a trainwreck of a character with shit acting on top.

Because he was a plot device not an actual character.

We didnt need him besides plot convieninces just like almost all of the first half.

I know, I have always liked Forest Whitaker and he seemed really excited to be in the movie and enjoyed his part... but I really did not like him. At all.

He was tired of running.

I started looking for scenes in other movies featuring him and found this:

youtube.com/watch?v=0UwFkD4oms4

Where clearly he has the same intensity as his character in R1 but when I watched that movie I don't remember it being jarring at all because it was supposed to be an actually crazy character.

>Because he was a plot device not an actual character.

Yeah this so much. He was probably trying to give some semblance of depth to his character and tried doing it in the wrong way. Saw Gerrera should have died at the beach in Scariff after we got to know him a bit more (and without his breathing problem thing or mechanical legs, please). R1 feels like a wasted opportunity in which many tiny changes would have made a big difference.

>tfw a cartoon is needed to give a movie character a proper personality and backstory

Because they changed his name to that at the last second because someone mentioned they had similar backstories

He doesn't look like the cartoon character at all apart from he's male and non white
He had more personality in the cartoon

Because he's not a good actor.

He now appears on the Eggheads panel, UK quiz show

when has he ever been any good? except ghost dog
Forest Whitaker being in a movie is almost always means it's going to be shitty.

he was fine, he read the script, saw how stupid his character was

he got his pay check and just over acted because he knows it is a kids flick

no one making the movies cares about the cartoons, 95 percent of people seeing these movies do not even know the cartoons exist and they're non-canon

Phone Booth, The experiment.

Why give him the name of a character from the cartoon then?

This character can be summed up real easily
>Hey look at this character
>He seems very important
>He does nothing in the movie but if you watch 3 episodes of Clone Wars and 3 episodes of Rebels you will know his backstory

Why does he wear the mask?

all of his scenes were reshot, and extensive rewrites probably fundamentally changed his character and their place in the story

Boregullet read his thoughts and made him lose his mind!! WHY THE FUCK DON'T PEOPLE SEE THIS???

The shield

because he was a nigger

good morning vietnam

You can say the same thing about Han solo and Luke Skywalker in TFA.

I was hoping for a your friendly bartender scene when I heard he was gonna be in it

He was just a garbage character, among other garbage characters, granted.

Yeah well TFA is another shit movie.