Sherlock Episode 4 Speculation

I really don't buy it, but this is starting to get a little mindfucky and fishy.

>Time warner shows a 4th episode:
tv.twcc.com/tv/sherlock/6780938

>Moviefone shows a 4th episode airing on the 22nd:
moviefone.com/tv/sherlock/226917/main/?icid=mfm_title_pop

The doubt didn't start to fade until I saw this however:

>Apple Tree Yard "TV Mini Series" is in the timeslot for Sherlock on Sunday and it's the weirdest looking shit ever:
imdb.com/title/tt5336698/fullcredits
i.imgur.com/A2CT6Vr.png

youtube.com/watch?v=A44ltN_rXNg
>Link to show details is broken
>Only three characters in the trailer
>Smells like Sherlock
>Utter shit for a huge timeslot replacement

Are Moffat and Gatiss about to pull off the biggest rug pull / mindfuck in tv history or what? Thoughts? I know most of Sup Forums hates the shit out of Sherlock but it is worth scheming since the finale was utter shit to most people.

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08cbc9p/episodes/guide
thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2648931/apple-tree-yard-promises-to-be-the-most-explicit-bonkbuster-yet/
youtube.com/watch?v=d8ld0Yhznzo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's certainly odd. Two sites both showing a fourth episode.

But then ads for ATY have been running since before Christmas. It would be an awful lot of effort to go through

Oh they have been. That confirms it then. I thought ATY was only shown on the 9th so I was getting rather concerned.

I don't think they'd build up one fanbase and then fuck them all over for the sake of Sherlock.

...then again it is Moffat.

Yeah I'm pretty confident there will be a 4th ep. You can find my autistic ramblings about it starting here I mentioned this already but it would be on Jan 22 making the date "221" which is some nice memery

Also if apple tree yeard turns out to just be sherlock or if turns out not to be i will lol either way because if it is, that's hilarious that they went to all that trouble and managed to do that and if not i'm enjoying the fact that thousands of people are joining together to bully this poor shitty little show just trying to make its way in the world. Good end either way

Don't wanna go full tin-foil hat here, but I saw on twitter Sherlock suggesting everyone follow the set designer @arwelwjones and his twitter bio is "it's all about the wallpapers" or something such

Anyway, related, Watson's baby's room has apple tree wallpaper

>221
The king of memery. There is no way they planned it that hard

Yeah I saw this too. Definitely tin-foil hat, but suspicious all the same.

The blu-ray releases on January 24th with 270 minutes of runtime, but every description--even Amazon's--is very vague in terms of features.

Who knows.We'll find out on Sunday. I'm not even that crazy for another episode (I didn't think it was a completely bad note to end on), but I would be REALLY impressed if they pulled off this shit.

>Anyway, related, Watson's baby's room has apple tree wallpaper
Fuck. But there's a video for roles in ATY about a year ago. If there's any truth to this ruse, it would be one of the longest plays in TV history.

So, wait, the dvd releases before the series has even finished airing? Curious innit

>So is this a possibility? Could there really be a fourth episode of Sherlock series four, a farewell gift to fans?
>Well, no... not according to Steven Moffat, who was unequivocal when the question was put to him.
>“It doesn’t reflect the fact that there’s gong to be a fourth episode – for heaven’s sake, what kind of secrets do you think we’re keeping?!
>"Let’s go home and check. Oh look episode four… the lost special..."
I doubt it desu

Just saying the lost special is the Conan Doyle book after the final problem

If this theory takes off, it will be a hilarious way to get nerds to watch an episode of a normie relationship/espionage show in case Benedict Cumberbatch appears in the background.

It's coming back for a fifth series, so there's no reason for this, it's not a 'finale', just the last of the most recent batch of episodes.

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08cbc9p/episodes/guide

only one date confirmed? sounds fishy to me, this theory sounds very realistic

That is weird. If there's 4 episodes, it should just list them one week after another.

and the clips are fucking terrible, there's no way this is supposed to take sherlock's slot

Surely they'd have just put CTM into Sherlock's slot, since it's another established property.

This is either going to show that Gatiss and Moffat are secretly geniuses or that the Sherlock fanbase are idiots who see connections in everything.

thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/2648931/apple-tree-yard-promises-to-be-the-most-explicit-bonkbuster-yet/

R O M P S
O
M
P
S

No source on this, but people seem to remember the creators saying they were certain this series would make TV history, and given that it hasn't in any other way, maybe there's hope?

this will actually be the best twist of the series and they ruined it because they make everything a twist that its no longer a suprise

What does it even say?

Episode 4 - The New Friend

I don't know, Apple Yard looks fairly generic. Could also be an episode of Luther if looked right

surely they wouldnt go to the extend of having interviews about apple tree yard with the actors if it was a fake show

youtube.com/watch?v=d8ld0Yhznzo

If this new Sherlock episode is supposed to replace Apple Tree Yard, then why is ATY only an hour long? It'd be pretty dumb to break the 1h30m format Sherlock always had just for a twist. Face it, they just made the worst Sherlock episode as a season 4 finale, there are no shenanigans at play.

Besides
>thinking a show is fake just because it looks bad

I think you underestimate the poor quality of BBC programming if you think Apple Tree Yard looks fake. It's a real book series and all the actors listed are actual actors. No reason to think it's fake.

Also you literally just pulled these images off tumblr conspiracy pages made by people convinced the show was going to make their ship canon. Do we really need to bring this kind of tumblrshit into Sup Forums

Mofftiss are not nearly as clever as you think they are, they can barely write a coherent episode. They're not pulling some kind of stunt.

imagining that

>Sir! Our new show that is based on a novel is getting alot attention on the internet. Like twitter, reddit and youtube!

>gee jolly old chap. They must really enjoy the trailers we put out for our fantastic show! I guess all the interviews and publicity worked!

>actually sir. Its because they think our series looks so generic, bland and boring, that they think its all a hoax covering up for a hidden episode from that series about that autistic man in a funny hat.

Can't wait for episode 4 to reveal that John is actually Redbeard reincarnated and that's why him and Sherlock became best friends.