GHOST IN THE SHELL hasn't even become a huge hit yet and Hollywood studios are already falling over themselves to...

GHOST IN THE SHELL hasn't even become a huge hit yet and Hollywood studios are already falling over themselves to gobble up anime licenses as if they're drowning and saucer-eyed sluts are oxygen! The latest example: Warner Bros. will turn ATTACK ON TITAN into a huge tentpole franchise:

deadline.com/2017/01/attack-on-titan-u-s-movie-warner-bros-producer-david-heyman-1201888133/

Other urls found in this thread:

cinemablend.com/new/Akira-Live-Action-Remake-Just-Took-Huge-Step-Forward-71915.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4bVhmz16aY4&t=183s&ab_channel=MattressTheWeeab
youtube.com/watch?v=8Yt1yMtbQO0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just do a Cowboy Bepop one

I haven't even watched all of that faggot ass show and I know it's the right time for it.

>attack on titan
Which is a weird, emotionally jarring series with creepy monsters and nudity

Warner Bros is fucking stupid

it worked before right?

I think it'll all depend on how well the Ghost in the Shell does - if it flops they'll probably quietly shelve plans to make a Western adaptation

the Ghost in the Shell adaptation* does

Excellent news. Hope they make it.

Cast her

don't think so. anime flicks have bombed for years and years and they keep trying. kinda like they kept trying with capeshit until they hit the jackpot or how they keep trying with vidya flicks and keep failing.

They are not similar, i don't see why would affect the other

Scarlett Johansson

PANDORA WHEN?

Your pretty late Op, pretty sure Warmer has the rights to Naruto and Bleach too.

If AOT ever did get am adaption. They'd probably do away with the Spider-Man machines probably just focus on Erens titan powers exclusively.

What about Sup Forums's newest Kino?

It has dragons...

why would they remove one of the main appeals of the series

Dragon Ball Evolution Z hype!

meh, yeah. somebody also has robotech, somebody is trying to do ninja scroll and monster went nowhere at HBO but might be somewhere else now. also new line wanted to do parasyte.

also, there was this.

Shit, you're right, I'd never heard of those ones. Would the Speed Racer and Astro Boy adaptations also count?

I was thinking it would be like and the other "dark, gritty reboots of fantasy tales" that came after that Snow White film with Kirsten Stewart

>Which is a weird, emotionally jarring series with creepy monsters and nudity

That's the perfect opportunity to replace the titans with animated squirrels.

>somebody is trying to do ninja scroll

Genma did NOTHING wrong

Isn't Leo a big anime fan?

Why turn anime into shitty live action instead of simply producing animekino?

It's honestly really infantile understanding of both media, as if something as significant as the visual style is completely interchangable.

>Why turn anime into shitty live action instead of simply producing animekino?

Too expensive. I'd feel adopting the Titan plot would make more sense when your conceding it into a 2 hour movie.

I want Hollywood to go and stay go.

They will absolutely butcher all anime adaptations. GITS is probably my favorite movie of all time and they will make Arise look good.

possibly. his production company (appian way) is producing the Hollywood AKIRA:

cinemablend.com/new/Akira-Live-Action-Remake-Just-Took-Huge-Step-Forward-71915.html

The girl from Chocolate.

The Rurouni Kenshin movies were pretty decent.

Because Hollywood can't write stories anymore. They're stuck in a rebooting loop.

>The Rurouni Kenshin movies were pretty decent.
those werent made in hollywood

>Up until now, the furthest along the film has been came in 2012 when Jaumet Collet-Serra, the director of House Of Wax, Orphan, Unknown, Non-Stop, and Run All Night began casting, and he had even begun negotiations with the likes of Garrett Hedlund, Kristen Stewart, Ken Watanabe, and Helena Bonham Carter.
>Kristen Stewart

But it had WB money.

Idris Elba

How long till Kill La Kill gets a Hollywood movie by john woo?

Honestly, I don't see how this could fail.
It's got multiple demographics that it meets.
Seriously, it's about poor white teens killing giant cgi monsters. If done right this could get butts in seats.

>white washing and dumbing down anime

I want hollywood far away from my animes tbqh

>black L

they should've gotten an Asian

That can ONLY be shit.

Isn't attack on Titan an anime full of euros?

live-action Angel's Egg when?

I could see a proper DBZ movie happening.
Adapt the Vegeta saga, cast Asians for Goku & Gohan, keep the budget under 100 mill and film in the grand canyons. Done.

youtube.com/watch?v=4bVhmz16aY4&t=183s&ab_channel=MattressTheWeeab

The Attack On Titan live-action films from Japan have some damn good music.

>hot girls in skimpy outfits that get more powerful the less skin they cover

This movie is underrated imo. You can really see the director was being held back from the studio. But it was better than I expected.

>dat first giant encounter

Of only tony Scott were alive to direct it, it would be kino like days of Thunder

Yes. It's mostly whites with the exception Mikasa.
So if a AoT is to happen they can go along and cast appripately and not get backlash for "whitewashing".
Same goes for any potential FMA movie.

Berserk Cinematic Universe when?

Hollywood couldn't even get Solomon Kane right. Nor Conan, really. What makes you think they'll do Guts justice?

the point is they may not make it if GitS flops
that's not a guarantee because of the wild popularity of SnK in its own right, but studios might get cold feet

>MFW One Piece won't ever be released on Hollywood, and if they do it will be a shitty "traditional pirate movie" cutting 99% of the story.

To be fair, I don't think any studio will make a 20-40 movie deal, and that actors keep playing the same role for that long without getting tired or old or even dying (I'm sure 2-3 voice actors of the anime already died in the last 17 years of the series)

Bebop worked because of the soundtrack and VA and animation. The story and the world aren't anything special, no way they'll recapture that magic in a movie. Titans might actually work though, it's a superhero squad fighting giant monsters with political intrigue in the background, perfect for a flick.

>>white washing and dumbing down anime
Its already dumb though you fucking low IQ redditor

They couldn't even make a decent anime out of it, how can Hollywood ever compete. Only manga is great.

I just feel the appeal of AoT is greater than GitS. With the upcoming King movie and sequels to Pacific Rim and Godzilla, I'd think the studio could bank off success of kaiju movies.
But true, GitS could be a large factor into whether they continue.

this is trumps america now

the age of man has returned!

no more feminist bullshit

>a cyberpunk movie set in Tokyo fails
>so a giant monster movie set in a fantasy world is cancelled
Audience doesn't give a shit if it's an adaptation of anime or not, they're completely different movies.

Its Sup Forumsedditors that want this sort of thing to happen right? Not actual Sup Forums posters?

if they can't do this without cgi then i don't care about a cowboy bebop adaptation

It frustrates me greatly that they keep "Attack on Titan" as the title in english localizations. It's clearly a terrible case of engrish and should be localized outside of japan as some variation on"Attack of the Titans" .

There is no fucking way a One Piece could be adapted. Looking past how much there is to tell, it's the sheer fact that it's so over the top and cartoon like that there's no believable way it could translate to live action.
Naruto is getting a big screen adaptation and while that is less like One Piece it's still too zany to translate well.

Everyone I know that likes it literally just calls it "shingeki"

Both One Piece and Naruto would kill any chance anime has of becoming big in the west. They are complete shit.

Of course not, Sup Forums only watches cute girls. Why would they care about an action title

You hang out with actual autistics don't you?

Do they call One Piece "one"?

Both are great as manga, shit as anime. And both take a while before they get good.

If you could make 5 Sup Forums meme actors/characters Titans which would you pick?

I just don't think they translate well to screen (big or little). The fanbase is there to hype it but I doubt they could help fuel more.

If they want to make anime/manga the new comic books then adapt easier titles. DBZ, FMA, Bebop, Akira

You do know that all the garbage posted in this thread is on their rec charts and wiki right?

>Bakemonogatari hollywoodmovie gets made
>vintage "Twilight for boys" meme becomes a literal non-figurative reality

Strange times we're living in boys.

I went through an otaku phase and some of the people I met back then have stayed as good friends, though I largely moved on from that.

No, they call it asian sketchy limb stretchy, only wankers in the colonies call it "one piece."

FMA, Bebop, and Akira would all be amazing. Naruto would be terrible because the story and character are terrible. Even Sup Forums hates Naruto and they put up with the most autistic shit possible

>over the top and cartoon
That's what makes it great, being overly dramatic, then gets real with politics, racism and real drama, then overly comical and satirical, then some fights, etc...

I don't think any actor has that range, maybe Jim Carrey (Which Ironically is the source of many OP characters), but he's getting old, and he can't play all characters.

All the more reason to fund them.

Tom hardy and CIA as titans

HBO Legend of the Galactic Heroes series when

>Even Sup Forums hates Naruto
What's that, Sup Forums hates something popular? Impossible. Naruto manga is good, stop with autistic hate.

>Fist of the North Star written and directed by George Miller

At least Attack On Titan actually stars white people. You know, unlike the movie Japan made of it.

Daisy Ridley, that blonde girl from Kick-Ass, Summer Glau, and any other 2 lady memes

Why would anyone want this? You do know it only happens in Japan to launder money right?

Anyone else watching the A Love of Two Brains anime adaption?

Why the fuck would you want One Piece as anything but an animated TV series, seeing Oda's amazing art style come to life in front of you?

I'd think Akira would turn into Watchmen. Nice to look at but no substance.
And Naruto is fine. Not as special as the autists say it is but still a decent read.

Never meant it as a negative. Just meant that it would not work on screen. Like just imagine the effects of the gomu fruit. It would look awful.

>SW is finally run into the ground
>Disney launches Gundam as a cinematic universe
>starts to make movies out of UC timeline, starting with Origins and going all the way to the bitter end
It'll take them a couple of decades and it'll be a cinematic masterpiece

I'd take a shitty American version of Jojo, before this monstrosity desu

>Oda's amazing art style

Calm down.

IMO an adaptation of Stardust Crusaders with WWE stars would be amazing.

Cast this

>tfw Michael Clarke Duncan died before he could perform in the role he was born to play

>easier titles
What about Saint Seiya?

Pretty simple plot, androgynous kids with armors fighting ancient greek deities, lots of bromance, NO WOMEN ALLOWED, flashy power (But no TOO GIMMICKY or OVER THE TOP VISUALS)

And it has been pretty known and big in the rest of the world for 30 years or so.

The girl in the front: Victoria Justice
The guy in the back: Adam Driver

People still give a shit about this show? It's been so long most people probably forgot it exists, or think it was cancelled. It's taking the japs far too long to make this. They need to speed it up or throw in the towel.

And unlike the future Hollywood one

Winona Ryder for Ryuko
Jennifer Connelly for Satsuki
Jennifer Love Hewitt for Mako

(it takes place in the 90's)

It's very much relevant in Japan, manga sells a lot of copies. I believe it's one of the most popular titles right now.

Live-action Evangelion would be pretty awesome, desu: youtube.com/watch?v=8Yt1yMtbQO0

Fuck you, now I want to see that

get that faggot who made the xmen movies on this ASAP

REEEEE LEAVE MY CHINESE CARTOONS ALONE YOU JEWISH BASTARDS

>Pretty simple plot, androgynous kids with armors fighting ancient greek deities, lots of bromance, NO WOMEN ALLOWED

Leave twinkino to me

keijo when?